Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 16:59   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By the way, the picture of the lake (pic # 2 of above post)---is that at Sawantwadi?
Yes Venu. Thats the Sawantwadi Lake. I particularly like that lake a lot because its entire circumference has light poles and in evening looks marvellous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Can you share some more info on the siteseeing spots in Old Goa. Btw, looking forward to seeing the White Annihilator
May will be extremely hot and humid in Goa. So plan accordingly!

AFAIK, Old goa can be done in a single day and there are only 2 main attractions there which are popular by tourist standards

a) Basilica of Bom Jesus
b) Mangeshi Temple

WA pictures will be posted tonight or tomorrow morning. Quite tied up at work.
Old 21st March 2012, 18:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
AFAIK, Old goa can be done in a single day and there are only 2 main attractions there which are popular by tourist standards

a) Basilica of Bom Jesus
b) Mangeshi Temple
Just to clarify: Mangeshi temple is located in a village called Mangeshi in Ponda taluka and this village is some kilometres away from Old Goa.

For the casual visitor, a trip to Old Goa should include at least two main churches -- Se Cathedral and Basilica of Bom Jesus.

For the visitor who is an avid historian, Old Goa is a wonderful place to appreciate the grandeur of Goa's former capital city. Numerous age-old churches and ruins, each with a fascinating story, are spread in every corner of Old Goa.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:57   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

These are the final set of pictures taken at Gandhiglaj just before reaching the NH4.

Thanks all for going through my travelogue and hope you all enjoyed the experience of goa as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all.

"Auf Wiedhersehen" (Goodbye) till my next trip to Goa either during this year in monsoons or 2013then

P.S: I should thank my wifey for taking most of the pictures. Without her this travelogue could not have happened
Attached Thumbnails
CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0927.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0930.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0931001.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0929.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0926.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0928.jpg  

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0925.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd March 2012 at 07:59.
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:

a) Basilica of Bom Jesus
b) Mangeshi Temple
Thanks Avi... will surely check these 2 places. Enjoyed reading every bit of your travelogue. I dont think i can do even half of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
For the visitor who is an avid historian, Old Goa is a wonderful place to appreciate the grandeur of Goa's former capital city. Numerous age-old churches and ruins, each with a fascinating story, are spread in every corner of Old Goa.
Though I am not an avid historian but old world grandeur and ruins really captivates me. Can you give me some guidance on some of the must see places in old Goa other than what Avi already mentioned? Also will it be ok to roam in the old city area in car (Verna) or would you advice hiring a 2-wheeler for that (due to narrow congested lanes, parking woes etc)?
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Though I am not an avid historian but old world grandeur and ruins really captivates me. Can you give me some guidance on some of the must see places in old Goa other than what Avi already mentioned? Also will it be ok to roam in the old city area in car (Verna) or would you advice hiring a 2-wheeler for that (due to narrow congested lanes, parking woes etc)?
As I mentioned earlier, there are a number of fascinating sites in Old Goa. There are some easy reference books that would give you details of these sites and in case you happen to visit Goa, you can let me know and I will give you details of these books and I can also supply you with details on many such sites at Old Goa.

It is fairly easy to travel in and around Old Goa in a Verna, especially since not many tourists are aware of the lesser known, but equally fascinating sites, and hence, the roads leading to these sites are not congested at all.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for hijacking your thread Avi, need some recommendation on stay hence bumping this thread again.

I am searching for places to stay in Goa, needs to be nice and clean with good food as i am traveling with kid. Went through the complete thread and saw someone recommended Varca Palms. I looked at the pictures on the site and it looks fine, if someone else has recommendations do let me know.

Price up-to 10K per night.

Varca Le Palms Goa | Varca Le Palms Beach Resort Goa | Varca Le Palms Resort Goa | Deals at Varca Le Palms Goa India

Planning for May End - June first week drive. BTW i am expecting humid with occasional rains during this time, am i right?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 22nd May 2012 at 12:10.
Old 25th May 2012, 15:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Price up-to 10K per night.

Varca Le Palms Goa | Varca Le Palms Beach Resort Goa | Varca Le Palms Resort Goa | Deals at Varca Le Palms Goa India

Planning for May End - June first week drive. BTW i am expecting humid with occasional rains during this time, am i right?
Goa is going to be humid throughout the year like any other coastal place,so no point looking at the humid side of things.As of now rains are expected to hit the Western coast only around the 10th of June ie if they keep their promised date of hitting the Kerala coast by the 1st of June.

As for Varca Palms,its not all that great a place that warrants a 10k a night pricing.If you have that kind of budget,then Park Hyatt is the place to be in.Easily the best in the business today.Apart from that you have the renovated Leela at Mobor,the Alila is also good.All these places are in the range of 6k-10k a night.The Mayfair Hideaway Spa & Resort is also pretty good.

www.goa.park.hyatt.com

www.aliladiwagoa.com

www.theleela.com

www.mayfairhotels.com

In the north you have the recently opened Grand Hyatt apart from the Taj Aguada and the Taj Holiday Village.The Rio resort is also pretty nice.

www.tajoffers.com/summer12

www.goa.grand.hyatt.com

www.resortrio.com
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 15:18   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Mayank, there you go. you got the advice from Ranjit who knows his hotels rather well as all his travels he prefers staying in 5*'s. So no better person to guide you than him

Unless its really special or travel abroad. I prefer hotels in 2K-3K range at the maximum and budget more for another aspects of the trip.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 15:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
who knows his hotels rather well as all his travels he prefers staying in 5*'s. So no better person to guide you than him

Unless its really special or travel abroad. I prefer hotels in 2K-3K range at the maximum and budget more for another aspects of the trip.
Thanked Ranjit, yeah that's quiet a few hotels in there, Thanks Ranjit. As of now Goa is out and we are going to Munnar next weekend. Maybe a month down the line when temperatures settle down a bit might go to Goa.

Having two girls (Daughter and her mom ) in the house who are finicky about cleanliness it give me jitters to go and experiment. Once the basic eating/sleeping is clean and perfect the rest quietly falls in place. BTW 10K was really-really the tops . Mostly i get decent ones in 3-7K range with 5k being the average.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th May 2012 at 15:36.
Old 25th May 2012, 15:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
As of now Goa is out and we are going to Munnar next weekend. Maybe a month down the line when temperatures settle down a bit might go to Goa.
Check this out. I visited this last year and liked it very much.
Casablanca#
Portugese construction type. 100 mtrs from Candolim beach.
Extremely clean and spacious rooms. The only ruse is parking not available. You have to park outside hotel gate. Safe though.
Old 30th May 2012, 18:38   #56
BHPian

OT.

In post 1, On pic *447.jpg, I can see letters LPG on the dial/screen.

can you throw some light on that please.

Does WA has an LPG option too...
Old 1st June 2012, 12:34   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
OT.

In post 1, On pic *447.jpg, I can see letters LPG on the dial/screen.

can you throw some light on that please.

Does WA has an LPG option too...
I checked the picture and dont see the letters that you mention. Can you repost that picture with a marking?

Btw, Cruze comes with only diesel in India Europe, other parts of Asia and South Africa. In the US, it comes only with a petrol engine option but, later this year the popular diesel engine will also make an entry into USA market

No LPG option anywhere in the world. That thought itself makes me go
Old 1st June 2012, 14:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the picture and dont see the letters that you mention. Can you repost that picture with a marking?
I think arunu is referring this part in the picture.

CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!-img_0447.jpg
IndianNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post

Attachment 934917
Thats right - IndianNoman. I was referring to this pic only.

Mobik008 - As IN pointed out rightly, we can see something like LPG (or is it IPG).

Even I dont think Chevrolet would be offering LPG variant of this car. Just curious to know what exactly that stands for in Cruze

Last edited by arunu : 2nd June 2012 at 15:14.
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post

Attachment 934917
Thats right - IndianNoman. I was referring to this pic only.

Mobik008 - As IN pointed out rightly, we can see something like LPG (or is it IPG).

Even I dont think Chevrolet would be offering LPG variant of this car. Just curious to know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks