Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 12:02   #16
adc
Senior - BHPian

Re: In search of the State Animal of Chhattisgarh - Wild Bufallo a.k.a. Jungly/Von Bh

Engine is the least of my worries right now. It is the other things like suspension and like, and then the road tax, and all that comes up for an overhaul in the near future - in October a big travel is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Didn't realize road tax is that expensive in WB! Works out to 8k INR/year!
WB has one of the highest road tax and that escapes notice since it is collected in 5 years interval - combing the three 5 years gives the real figure.

Last edited by adc : 15th March 2012 at 12:08.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Re: In search of the State Animal of Chhattisgarh - Wild Bufallo a.k.a. Jungly/Von Bh

your penchant for the exotic, virgin and wild amazes me no end. nice excursion and nice pictures and narration as usual.
Old 27th March 2012, 18:12   #18
BHPian

Another crisp and great write up ADC! Really enjoyed reading through this one as much as the other longer travelogues. I enjoy my trips into forests a lot but sadly most forests have more tourists than animals nowdays. I can only imagine how nice it would have been to visit a pristine forest with no other tourists around.

At what interval is the Timing Belt changed in a Safari. In my Qualis and Fortuner its at the 1,50,000 kms mark.

A pity about the high road tax though..Its a one time tax in Delhi and most other states that i am aware of.

On a side note..please move forward the "Unknown Kashmir.." thread at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you.
Old 27th March 2012, 21:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic travelogue adc - thanks for sharing! I hadn't even heard of some of the areas.

I have read about the wild buffaloes though e.g. in wildlife stories based in Bastar and Durg. They are supposed to be really aggressive.

You have loads of adventurous spirit and guts to travel with family in such areas...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks