Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 20:45   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: West Coast Patrol : A drive to coastal Karnataka and Goa in a Fiat Palio 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
Karthik, nice write up indeed. Can you provide the particulars of road conditions from Bangalore to Shimoga, Shimoga to Honnavar, Honnavar to Karwar, Karwar to Panjim {Goa }
Thanks Kalsankrpai. I have actually mentioned the route and conditions in the travelogue itself, maybe you missed it . The roads are good throughout. Karwar to Panaji will have more traffic if you are doing this stretch on weekends. Bangalore - Shimoga and Shimoga - Honnavar are recently re-tarred and are in top shape. You car will definitely enjoy the stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Lovely pictures and narration Karthik, thanks for sharing ! More pictures are always welcome ! BTW - We too encountered the strange visitor at the Calangute beach when we were there during the beginning of March this year ! Had to make the journey to Goa by train though, no driving down this time !
Nice to know you too were in Goa at the same time. That strange visitor was at the same place for hours together. We later saw him eating some leftover food outside a restaurant. I guess that was his 'window shopping'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Beautiful place and a beautiful trip I should say. I dint know there were such places around karnataka. I'm going to this place for sure when I'm going to karnataka later this month. Do you mind sharing some info about the places to stay and their prices?
Thanks kingofmyworld. Out initial place of stay was Turtle bay beach resort, Maravanthe beach. Link here -
Karnataka Beach Resorts, Zen and Meditation in Karnataka.
Watch out though, keep reminding him every other day about your booking or else you will experience what happened to me on D-day .

We later changed directions after the goofup and went here - Angel's resort, Goa
Angels Resort Goa, Best Highway Accomodation Goa, Spacious Secure Car Parking, Corporate Holiday Homes Goa, Best Restaurant Goa

Lots of coastal resorts in Karwar and Gokarna, etc where you get beachside cottages to sit and laze in. You can opt for those too. We couldn't manage to get rooms in any of those, since we were calling on D-day and demanding for rooms to be ready in an hour or two *lol*. Angel's resort was decent, though not on the beachfront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hi Karthikk,
Great travelogue and photos. By the way is the Bhadra Coffee shop located just outside Ballehonnur on the road to Chikmagalur?
My friend has an estate close by the coffee shop and I've been there many times.
Thanks John. Bhadra coffee shop is exactly on the road that you mentioned. It is between Balehonnur and Chikmagalur. Its a really lovely idea to start something like that for tourists. Nice to know you have a friend with an estate there, nice excuse to make frequent trips to that green paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
My whole body is itching for Goa drive right now after reading your post.
I missed my December annual pilgrimage to Ponda, which is due any time now. Your post is just making it urgent.
Thanks shenoytech. Do post a travelogue and include pictures of this annual pilgrimage. I have not heard of it, would love to see what it is like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
Superb narration and excellent pics. I will be travelling sometime in may end or July first week. I'll post the travelogue once the trip is complete.
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it. Eagerly awaiting your travelogue now. July first week, eh?? Won't it be extremely harsh with the monsoon rains fully lashing Goa left, right and centre?
Old 10th April 2012, 06:25   #32
BHPian

Re: West Coast Patrol : A drive to coastal Karnataka and Goa in a Fiat Palio 1.6

The idea is to cover the west coast via the MCR. Main coast road. Pretty sure this would be a pleasant surprise, a travel along the western ghats. :-)
Quote:
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it. Eagerly awaiting your travelogue now. July first week, eh?? Won't it be extremely harsh with the monsoon rains fully lashing Goa left, right and centre?
lancersfx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 18:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: West coast patrol : A drive to coastal Karnataka and Goa in a Palio 1.6

If no one has corrected, that is the Sé Cathedral of Santa Catarina of Alexandria, also known as Se Cathedral.

The ASI museum is housed in a portion of the Church Of St Francis Of Assisi which is to the left of the Se Cathedral.

Nice pics and great travelogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The archaeological museum opposite Basilica of Bom Jesus.
Attachment 909938.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 11th May 2012 at 18:57.
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 19:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
So you stopped at Kamat upachar near Karwar one of my favourite place for breakfast.
Last week on the way to Goa I stopped at that place.
You have taken the pictures from the Karwar sea front from the road.
Just attaching a picture I took at the same place.
Nice picture indeed. I need urgent info about the route and road conditions from Bangalore to Hyderabad as I am planning trip shortly. Also mention may be made about tolls on the way and good lodges in and around HYDERABAD OR SECUNDERABAD for three to four days stay
KALSANKRPAI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 14:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Banglore-Hyderabad is four lane throughout and is a tolled road.
Regarding the total toll kindly check The "Hyderabad to Bangalore" Thread.
Let me know the area you have to stay so that I can tell you where to stay.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks