Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 14:03   #16
BHPian

Re: An incredible road trip from Kolkata to Kumaon on my Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi

Great to see the travelogue finaly from you. In my opinion you should put in snapshots of the your detailed planning stage et all, and the source of information (other than the route for which u need to throw HVK a party next time he is in this part of the country). All said, great photographs & great writeup. I am happy that you did this safely without trouble. Thanks to the office bunking and spending time with the A.S.S. Kudos to Guddi & you, and the team.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue, please continue asap. You have had your fair share of bad luck, hope everything went fine after that.

The night journey must have been exciting. Not sure though why you guys were tensed. Kumaon is (or at least used to be) a pretty safe area for night travel. The road to Kausani through Ranikhet is beautiful, and I would love to do that stretch in the night, especially a full moon night. And if cats come in front - more the merrier - I would bless my luck. The poor leopard must have been scared out of its wits. Btw, one is 100% safe if one is in a car when a leopard or a tiger appears in front. Maybe you should have backed a bit, switched off the lights and waited for it to cross so that you could get a picture.

The view from Binsar KMVN terrace is out of this world. Hope you guys stayed there...

Last edited by nilanjanray : 19th March 2012 at 17:53.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:23   #18
BHPian

Sorry for the short break in the travelogue. I am a bit caught up in an exigency. Will continue as soon as possible.
Old 8th July 2012, 07:17   #19
BHPian

Hello, knock, knock !! Anybody there? Bump, Bump!!
DO please continue with your excellent travelogue.
I am more interested in hearing about the hired driver who got scared and how you managed the tour with him.
Thanks.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Sorry for the short break in the travelogue. I am a bit caught up in an exigency. Will continue as soon as possible.
Waiting for continuation of the travelogue. I too am planning a roadtrip to Kumaon, and your narration has been excellent in terms of entertainment as well as education (e.g. road from Allahabad to Bareilly).
Old 19th May 2014, 13:17   #21
BHPian

Dada please complete the t-log.
The most thrilling t-log i have ever heard. Please share with everyone as we are waiting for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
I read the entire travelogue and later realised it was not completed. It was so entertaining, especially with the Tavera driver, a full hindi movie scene (bahaar koi hai jo hume guma raha hai...). It would be nice if you could complete it or give us a summary of what you remember since it has been really long.

Any cautionary note from the trip? This is a nice destination for people from Bengal who are done with the usual North Bengal beauty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks