Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2013, 12:26   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Destination Sandakphu, the Land Rover territory. Update - another trip till Phalu

Awesome! Will take my family soon. But one question, was the monkey cap in the pic of yours mandatory?
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 12:28   #122
adc
Senior - BHPian

Re: Destination Sandakphu, the Land Rover territory. Update - another trip till Phalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Awesome! Will take my family soon. But one question, was the monkey cap in the pic of yours mandatory?
Absolutely if you go in between December end to February around. And since due to photography, I had to spend more time over there - the cap saved my tonsils to say the least - it was bitter cold and windy! I forgot to take my sunglasses - water was dripping from eyes continuously all the time I stayed out there.

Phalut has a huge chill factor. In fact people were surprised that we were able to stay there with a child as temperatures dropped to around -5 with biting wind. Most tourists, if they go, just make it a day ride and come back well before evening.

At Phalut top, small pebbles were rolling around on the grass due to wind!!

Last edited by adc : 5th January 2013 at 12:36.
Old 16th January 2013, 15:47   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Absolutely if you go in between December end to February around. And since due to photography, I had to spend more time over there - the cap saved my tonsils to say the least - it was bitter cold and windy! I forgot to take my sunglasses - water was dripping from eyes continuously all the time I stayed out there.

Phalut has a huge chill factor. In fact people were surprised that we were able to stay there with a child as temperatures dropped to around -5 with biting wind. Most tourists, if they go, just make it a day ride and come back well before evening.

At Phalut top, small pebbles were rolling around on the grass due to wind!!
Awesome pictures ADC da. Good to see that you got clear weather this time. We are planning for a quick visit to Sandakphu in February, but not sure.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:32   #124
Team-BHP Support

Starting for Sandakphu on 27th evening. There will be a Bolero Di 4x4 accompanying us this time. Somebody please lend me a good camera

Last edited by BlackPearl : 25th February 2013 at 14:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks