Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Things to remember while driving uphill/downhill

Dear All,

I am not sure whether I am right in starting a new thread on this topic - apologies in advance if the information required is already existing in this forum.

I have been driving since the last 4 years but never had a chance to drive to a hill station. Now the time has come where I am planning a trip to a hill station - yet to decide between Munnar/Ooty/Kodai/Nandi Hills.

Would request the experts out here to guide me on the important things that I need to keep in mind while driving uphill/downhill since I am aware of the risks involved.
Old 20th March 2012, 17:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Things to remember while driving uphill/downhill

Hi Madhu,

You may want to do a search on 'Hill Driving' on the forum. Nevertheless, here is a link -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-driving.html
Old 20th March 2012, 17:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Here's another :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-uphill-7.html
Old 20th March 2012, 17:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : Thread closed. Please continue in the related threads provided above. Thanks

I see some other members have given you links, so will not put anything specific here. However, once you read the articles, feel free to ask questions or clarifications and we will be glad to assist you.

Also, would you be going in your Santro. It does not make much of a difference but each car has a different engine characteristic and it is helpful to know your engine (where your torque is) and thus to be in a gear that keeps the engine revs in that spot for ease of driving.

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2012 at 12:09. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks