Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Re: The Bird and The Rann

Thanks Vishal.
Yes, next plan is Himalayan Odyssey - Leh and Ladakh. But that comes with disclaimer. Home Ministry approval doesnt come so easily.

I have somehow missed last three T.BHP meets on the trot - Two of them for Kaas. Would join in for the coming meet.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 17:15   #17
BHPian

Heartiest Congrats Advait on completing this maiden ride. Now the tiger has tasted blood and I'm more than sure that there will be no looking back. The travelogue as well as the snaps were amazing and the way you could blend both was awesome.
Keep thumping...
PS - during my ride to Jaisalmer, Rajasthan in 2006, even me along with a co-rider had lost ourselves somewhere around the same spot you got lost
Old 30th March 2012, 23:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic trip to LRK & GRK!
Any GPS tracks of the route you took?
The resort at Dordo looks great - where exactly is it located? And any idea of traiffs for non-Bulleters?
Old 31st March 2012, 01:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful images and an awesome ride I would say!
Those LRK/GRK experiences must have been really great! You guys are lucky to get an opportunity to ride these places, all the luck for next trip to Himaliyas, pleaes share the trip log and pictures.

I have heard about 'Kalo Dungar' once when I was visiting Gujarat last year. Wanted to drive that place, but couldnt find time/opportunity. I have heard that place has got a magnetic hill similar to what you have around Ladakh, and also heard that place is bit creepy as the name suggests.
Old 31st March 2012, 11:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Heartiest Congrats Advait on completing this maiden ride. Now the tiger has tasted blood and I'm more than sure that there will be no looking back.
PS - during my ride to Jaisalmer, Rajasthan in 2006, even me along with a co-rider had lost ourselves somewhere around the same spot you got lost
Thanks padikpanther. Yes, its hard to let go of the feeling now, once tasted it.
The entry from Panvel thru old highway is hard to find if you dont have e-GPS or support of human-GPS . Hope to sail it thru easily next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Fantastic trip to LRK & GRK!
Any GPS tracks of the route you took?
The resort at Dordo looks great - where exactly is it located? And any idea of traiffs for non-Bulleters?
Thanks HVK Sir. Most of the times, the white marker stones were enough to find out the routes. They are visible at quite a distance. But the problem was dust. Biker ahead would ride on the terrain and that makes biker behind to find those stones out. Easy way out for us to follow the dust. Our coordinator - Santhosh from RE - had the GPS device and when we were "Royally" lost during return journey, that came in handy.
The rates for the resort as per their brochure are 5k per room during season - thats for Ranotsav in Jan. The resort is right at the Ranotsav site just ahead of Dhordo town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wonderful images and an awesome ride I would say!
Those LRK/GRK experiences must have been really great! You guys are lucky to get an opportunity to ride these places, all the luck for next trip to Himaliyas, pleaes share the trip log and pictures.

I have heard about 'Kalo Dungar' once when I was visiting Gujarat last year. Wanted to drive that place, but couldnt find time/opportunity. I have heard that place has got a magnetic hill similar to what you have around Ladakh, and also heard that place is bit creepy as the name suggests.
Thanks Ketan. Kalo Dunger is a wonderful site. Being highest point in the region has some advantages. On a clear day, we can see deep into the Rann. However, we reached during afternoon and the hot weather made it difficult to see beyond a few meters due to haze. The ride was steep and blind turns and that made it just awesome. Nothing creepy about it though when we went. But, yes, after dark it may look so.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant travelogue. What a fantastic opportunity to ride on some of the best roads in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
But the biker was lost in the grind to earn money
This, I hate to admit, but is the reality nowadays. We hardly get time to ride our bikes. And whatever time we are riding our bikes, we are more pre-occupied with something at the destination.

I still feel the urge to go on such a trip. But I don't know if and when I will get time for this. Thanks for inspiring the biker in me, you got me thinking!
Old 5th April 2012, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Advait,
Congratulations on completing an awesome tour. The RE seems to have weathered all Odds.
I wish to go on a long ride with RE some day soon ( she is still very new !! )

Thanks again for sharing this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks