Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:45   #31
BHPian

Re: Bengalooru to Bharatpur - A solo birding trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Awesome photography mate! Surely you made my day. Just loved the owls(my personal favorites).

A visit to Bharatpur is now a must now!
Cheers!
Thanks Coriollis. Next year should be better than the last I guess since now the water issue is resolved. Though the park is open round the year, the best time to go for the winter migrants would be Nov - Feb. The breeding season for the resident birds starts much earlier and you'll probably find them in breeding plumage between August to October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Amol, thanks for this wonderful photologue on Bharatpur! This brings back beautiful memories of my trip to Bharatpur in 2004. Also, brilliant photos and congratulations for the sheer variety of species you were able to capture!

Back in 2004 when I visited Bharatpur, it was one of the first few years of recent drought in Bharatpur. And I could see the damage that had on the fauna in the park. Good to know that something is being done. Although it seems late, in the next few years, the situation (bird population) should be better!
Thanks Nilesh!

The drought was indeed devastating, not just for the park but also for the people who are so heavily dependent on the park tourism as well. My rickshaw guy sounded really happy with the fact that their plea was heard and action was taken by the govt. It was also a matter of preserving a world heritage site so I guess there was national pride at stake too. All's well that ends well, so for now I guess the park should see better times and more birds too. Hopefully, the Siberian Cranes decide to come back someday!
amolpol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:12   #32

Hey amol,

I just loved your photography.. Are you a professional wild life photographer or something? I bet you can try that...

Just felt emotions of each bird in your captures. 4 owls sleeping was so innocent to see and lovely..

Hats off bro! Just loved every bit of this thread.

Regards
~TheRedPaladin a.k.a Karthik
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
Hey amol,

I just loved your photography.. Are you a professional wild life photographer or something? I bet you can try that...
Thanks Karthik, it's good to know that my work is being appreciated by everyone here.

No professional ventures yet, just a personal interest. Not sure if I'll ever get to choose this as my profession, but lets see!
Old 5th April 2012, 20:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wow, there are some really lovely photographs there. Thanks a lot for sharing. Also you've given some nice info about the park and would definitely help others in future.
Old 7th April 2012, 12:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Day 4 - My last day at Bharatpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
While waiting for them, I had to go through a lot of questioning from the passer by tourists who were in plenty since it was a Sunday. A lot of people expected me to say that I work for Natgeo .
Looking at the photos here as well as in wildzests, I wouldn't blame them for thinking you work for Natgeo!! Amazing work
Old 26th June 2015, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Epitome of Photography man !! hats off...
You definitely should consider talking to NatGeo or LP.
Probably, one could never capture these beautiful birds with the naked eyes as well, as we can see them in the pictures with all the details.

A Big for your photography and photography gear !!

Most Viewed