Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 12:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Trip to Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary Bharatpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Nice, great shots of the coucal, barbet and brainfever bird..
Thanks Airguitar. These are all also my first time shots of these birds - so i was mighty happy when i got these shots. Though i feel that barbet shots have a lot of foliage and i need a chance to capture this beautiful and colourful bird in open.
Old 21st April 2012, 13:53   #17
BHPian

thanks for the great shots and the detailed account. I am glad to know the birds are still there and well. On my last trip many years ago, there was a general feeling that due to pollution and alarming depletion in level of the water table, that the park area would be severely affected. Do they still use borewells to pump water for the birds, or is the wetland more stable now?
Old 21st April 2012, 21:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
thanks for the great shots and the detailed account. I am glad to know the birds are still there and well. On my last trip many years ago, there was a general feeling that due to pollution and alarming depletion in level of the water table, that the park area would be severely affected. Do they still use borewells to pump water for the birds, or is the wetland more stable now?
Thanks grazd.
Actually there is a water line coming in from a canal - due to which water was still there. But this is a recent development and hopefully it will contribute to better migratory birds next season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks