Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

I saw a couple of boards saying Kadamane's Sinnadorai Bungalow on NH75 (old NH48) after Sakaleshpur a couple of days back when I was returning from Mangalore. It seems there is another Sinnadorai bungalow in Kadamane estate. Both the Annamalai and Kadamane estates are owned by the same company I.e. Murugappa Group, so I guess they might be expanding their range of guest houses. I did not find any information on the net about this though.

I have been to Kadamane estate a few times and there are quite a few bungalows in awesome locations. I have not stayed there overnight though. It is good that they are opening up this place for the public
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I saw a couple of boards saying Kadamane's Sinnadorai Bungalow on NH75 (old NH48) after Sakaleshpur a couple of days back when I was returning from Mangalore. It seems there is another Sinnadorai bungalow in Kadamane estate. Both the Annamalai and Kadamane estates are owned by the same company I.e. Murugappa Group, so I guess they might be expanding their range of guest houses. I did not find any information on the net about this though.

I have been to Kadamane estate a few times and there are quite a few bungalows in awesome locations. I have not stayed there overnight though. It is good that they are opening up this place for the public
Addy, you are correct. Kadamane also belongs to Parry group. They have a bungalow. I spoke to Mr Carriappa, the manager to check about this last month. He said it is under renovation and will open in next two months. They may possibly open it after rains. BTW, i dont know why they should name this also as "Sinnadorai Bungalow" as the bungalow is located in Karnataka and it will be apt to call it "Chikka Sahebra Bungalow"
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Addy, you are correct. Kadamane also belongs to Parry group. They have a bungalow. I spoke to Mr Carriappa, the manager to check about this last month. He said it is under renovation and will open in next two months. They may possibly open it after rains. BTW, i dont know why they should name this also as "Sinnadorai Bungalow" as the bungalow is located in Karnataka and it will be apt to call it "Chikka Sahebra Bungalow"
I guess they will open it after the rains. Kadamane is beautiful during the rains though.

There is a large Tamil influence within the estate as there is a large Tamilian population inside the estate. These are mostly labourers who have been brought in to work in the estate. It could be one reason or maybe the company wants to create a brand called 'Sinnadorai'.
Old 24th May 2012, 12:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
...The tariff in Sinna Dorai is Rs 6.5 K per night per room including all meals. It is a value for money without any doubt...
Valparai is an unexplored and unspoilt beauty. Hope it remains so for some time...
We had a wonderful experience in Sinna Dorai Bungalow. If you want to have a typical "Planter's bungalow experience" in all its glory, this is the place. We will definitely return after monsoons.
Another super travelogue from you Fauji! Many thanks for sharing. We are planning a trip and this will provide ample help for our planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Also, while returning, there is a way to avoid Avinashi.
Pollachi-Palldam-Kangeyam-Perundurai.
Hi Ampere,

How is the Bangalore - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai road now? I used to drive this very often about 15 years ago while working in Palani. Mettur town road was a real mess in those days. For the rest, it was a beautiful drive, much more enjoyable than the big highway is now.
Old 24th May 2012, 12:38   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Ampere,
How is the Bangalore - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai road now? I used to drive this very often about 15 years ago while working in Palani. Mettur town road was a real mess in those days. For the rest, it was a beautiful drive, much more enjoyable than the big highway is now.
Not at all worth taking now @Damu.

Its better to go via the four lane. Since the 4-lane happened its much-much easier to take the road via Salem rather than Mettur/Bhavani.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 19:19   #66
BHPian

Folks,

Can someone PM me the contact # for Sinnadorai's Bunglow? Planning to visit Valaparai with family and wanted to check availability.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran
Old 7th May 2013, 15:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Folks,

Can someone PM me the contact # for Sinnadorai's Bunglow? Planning to visit Valaparai with family and wanted to check availability.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran
All that you need to do is google up Sinnadorai.

http://sinnadorai.com/
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:02   #68
BHPian

Friends,

Glad to let you know that we have finally booked our stay at Valparai next week. I have gone through the posts and would appreciate if you can let me know on list of specific places / safari that we can visit in Valparai.

1) Visit to Athirapally waterfalls is on our list:

Needed more information on directions from Sholayar dam and also on the
road conditions leading up to Athirapally waterfalls.

Is it doable in honda city (ANHC) that has low GC ?

How long would it take to return back to Valparai if we start at 7AM hoping to be back by 2PM for lunch.

2) Suggestions on other places of visit during our 3 nights stay at Valparai would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Kiran
Old 9th May 2013, 13:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Friends,

Glad to let you know that we have finally booked our stay at Valparai next week. I have gone through the posts and would appreciate if you can let me know on list of specific places / safari that we can visit in Valparai.

1) Visit to Athirapally waterfalls is on our list:

Needed more information on directions from Sholayar dam and also on the
road conditions leading up to Athirapally waterfalls.

Is it doable in honda city (ANHC) that has low GC ?
It is a normal road, with some rough sections, no problems for any car.
From Valparai, it is one straight road via Malakkiparai, Sholayar, Peringalkuthu & Vazhachal to Athirapalli.

Quote:
How long would it take to return back to Valparai if we start at 7AM hoping to be back by 2PM for lunch.
Valparai-Athirapalli should take you upto 3 hours oneway.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 13:48   #70
BHPian

Thanks for the lovely travelogue and information Fauji and everyone.Making a trip to Sinnadorai from 5th to 7th Nov,2013-Planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Erode-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Pollachi-Vaiparai route.And visit to Athirapally is on the cards as well.

Will update on return-Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 22:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
Thanks for the lovely travelogue and information Fauji and everyone.Making a trip to Sinnadorai from 5th to 7th Nov,2013-Planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Erode-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Pollachi-Vaiparai route.And visit to Athirapally is on the cards as well.

Will update on return-Thanks
Keep an entire day if you want to visit Athirapally from Valparai. Have a nice trip, its a good place to relax.
Old 7th November 2013, 19:17   #72
BHPian

Have been reading all the posts on Valparai but never got accommodation whenever i wanted to travel. Finally i am visiting Valparai next week, i have got booking done in Waterfall estate Indraprastha. The travelogues have really been great.

Had a quick question on what mobile network works in Valparai apart from BSNL. As i am going with Family and its important to have some connectivity in case of any issues.
Old 11th November 2013, 05:57   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Have been reading all the posts on Valparai but never got accommodation whenever i wanted to travel. Finally i am visiting Valparai next week, i have got booking done in Waterfall estate Indraprastha. The travelogues have really been great. Had a quick question on what mobile network works in Valparai apart from BSNL. As i am going with Family and its important to have some connectivity in case of any issues.
Airtel and Vodafone both work in sinnadorai bungalow ,but only at few corners.waterfall I think is much before this,hence you may want to check with the estate managers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks