Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 12:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Madhai.. Where time stands still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Superb pictures and narration. Nice to know about one of the "unsung" wild life sanctuaries of our country
Very correct " unsung " wild life sanctuary. I am born and broughtup in Bhopal and yet it took me 37 years to dicover this place. Being in the foothills of Satpura hills the terrain inside is a bit hilly which makes its very beautifull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A very interesting thread. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Thanks for appreciating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Really a nice thread. Liked those wide shots of sky and its reflections. These are really calming and showcase the serenity of that location.
Thanks. As i wrote earlier you can lech at the scenery and let the world go by back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent Travelogue, Wish you spent a bit more time on write-up for each posts while posting the pictures.

I really liked the pictures of Post #5 of the beautiful sun-sets and also the picture of your daughter against the back-drop of fading sunset

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks mobike. Actually it was a very short visit. A mere 18 hrs we spent there and hence kept the log rather brief. Will take care next time.
Old 24th May 2012, 17:02   #17
BHPian

Excellent photographs Columbus . Very well composed.
Madhai look beautiful
Old 24th May 2012, 17:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

A very unique and interesting thread indeed.
The place being close to Bhopal is an added plus. The photos of the sunset is beautiful.
A very nice and refreshing log after sometime. As mobike said, i too like the pic of your daughter against the fading light. Very well composed.
Old 25th May 2012, 18:58   #19
BHPian

Hey Columbus. The pictures are simply stunning! Really beautiful place this Madhai. And the room rates etc sound pretty reasonable as well!

Great travelogue.

Cheers!
Old 25th May 2012, 19:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDestiny View Post
Excellent photographs Columbus . Very well composed.
Madhai look beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
A very unique and interesting thread indeed.
The place being close to Bhopal is an added plus. The photos of the sunset is beautiful.
A very nice and refreshing log after sometime. As mobike said, i too like the pic of your daughter against the fading light. Very well composed.

Thanks guys.
The next log will be "Tawa" , a sequel to Madhai . The backwaters of Madhai are from Tawa dam which also is a beautifull place.
Old 25th May 2012, 23:07   #21
BHPian

Hi Columbus, excellent review by a fellow bhopali. Very nice pics as well. Well you can kill me for saying this but I didn't know about this place even after belonging to Bhopal. Next time I am in Bhopal, will surely try to make it there. Also see if I can meet a fellow bhpian and a bhopali next time am in Bhopal.
Old 26th May 2012, 00:40   #22
BHPian

Thank you for introducing Madhai to us. Lovely TL, Lovely snaps. My wife ,daughter and I just fell in love with you daughter's snap. That was the best one of them all.
regards,
Ashok
Old 26th May 2012, 11:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey Columbus. The pictures are simply stunning! Really beautiful place this Madhai. And the room rates etc sound pretty reasonable as well!

Great travelogue.

Cheers!
Thanks thumping heart. The room rates might have been revised. But still they will be very reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hi Columbus, excellent review by a fellow bhopali. Very nice pics as well. Well you can kill me for saying this but I didn't know about this place even after belonging to Bhopal. Next time I am in Bhopal, will surely try to make it there. Also see if I can meet a fellow bhpian and a bhopali next time am in Bhopal.
Thanks shreyas. You are not alone in discovering Madhai a bit late. I also sail in the same boat . Would love to meet a fellow bhpian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Thank you for introducing Madhai to us. Lovely TL, Lovely snaps. My wife ,daughter and I just fell in love with you daughter's snap. That was the best one of them all.
regards,
Ashok

Thanks. ashphil. Because of the wildlife kids also have a good time. Also it was a good trip to introduce her to the concept of wildlife conservation and its importance.
Old 26th May 2012, 11:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue! Thanks for sharing your experiences in a relatively unknown destination.

I have visited Panchmari a couple of times - but a few years back. Want to visit the Satpura region again (Dr. Abheek Ghosh was talking about it). Will check out Madhai.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 26th May 2012 at 11:49.

Most Viewed