Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 15:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Bhutan : Escapades from the daily grind on 2 wheels & 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan68 View Post
Thanks very much for the download. Will go through it and refine our supplies. In fact we have a seperate sweeper vehicle which is fully equipped. Will contact you for any clarifications.
I have gone though the plans and I feel if you are not including central and Eastern Bhutan and Phobjhika Valley are missing out major portion of it's Beauty. If you want I can make some changes and you need just increase two days and it could be included. Driving though NH34 would be tough and Hotels in Krishnanagar would not be that good. You would have much better options in Berhampore, WB and if you want can help find options there also (being my hometown). If you still want to drive in the daytime I would suggest to take NH60 to Moregram. In this case you can have proper staying place only in Farrakha. You can look for NTPC or PWD rest house there. Else you can drive another 40 or so Km then you can also get much better option in Malda.
Old 30th May 2012, 19:02   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You are not going to Bumthang & the rest of Central & East Bhutan?
Or climbing up to Taktsang Gompa near Paro?
I think it will be a great idea to extend the drive till at least Jakar.

On your onward journey, NH34 from Calcutta via Krsihnanagar is a bad idea during day time because of its heavy traffic congestion. Maybe a better idea to go via Siuri. Expect roads to be broken badly in Bengal in October after the rains.
We have a terribly paucity of time and the drive from Bangalore need a bit of a break which we are doing at Puri. I recollect that at the beginning of the planning, we had all these places. I will try to some how put these places in especially after I sense your tone. Really appreciate it, thanks.
As far as I can recollect, I we are not going via Calcutta. I will revisit my route plan and revert.
Old 30th May 2012, 19:28   #48
BHPian

A silly question may be

When I go the Bhutan Immigration office at Phuentsholing, do I mention that I want to exit through Samdrup and do the west - east drive or should I hide it and say I want to visit Thimphu and Paro and then go to Thimphu for further permits?
Old 30th May 2012, 21:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
A silly question may be

When I go the Bhutan Immigration office at Phuentsholing, do I mention that I want to exit through Samdrup and do the west - east drive or should I hide it and say I want to visit Thimphu and Paro and then go to Thimphu for further permits?
No need to hide. If you tell them you want to go to eastern Bhutan, they will advise you to obtain further permits at Thimphu.
novice_alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:00   #50
BHPian

I just came across this web page that says that one can enter from Samdrup as well.
But it is subject to the stability of Assam!

Getting Bhutan from/to India - entering and exiting at Phuentsholing or exiting to Assam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks