Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 09:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Dave,

WOW is the word!!! Wonderful pictures and your New Zealand story seems very interesting indeed. Waiting for the detailed information on the itenary you have mentioned. Keep it coming and share your experinces in NZ.

Yes, i too will go with five stars.
Thanks Sir. Next set coming your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
Amazing photos. New Zealand looks real inviting.
Thanks for sharing all the info.
It sure is very inviting and especially in Autumn & Winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Amazing, beautiful, wow, etc. are mere words and cannot explain the beauty in those pictures. I am sure seeing this would have been an experience of lifetime.

I have yet to start reading this thread but just those snaps made my day! Thanks for sharing !!

Awaiting some more pics
i would agree that these pictures dont really depict the true beauty of New Zealand. It is far more beautiful than my pictures depict here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
@Dave: You must have had a great time in "Picture Perfect" NZ. Thanks for the great pics.
Yeah Durango we had a great time driving in South Island and exploring the beautiful country.

The log continues....
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-collage3.jpg
We reached Mt Cook National Park at around 1330 hrs. Had lunch and thought of hiking till Tasman Glacier blue lakes. (Blue lakes is a misnomer as you will see later in the photographs). It was a steep 20 min hike to view the so called Tasman Glacier and blue lakes.

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-56.jpg
Gravel road to the glacier car park

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-54.jpg
icebergs floating in the so called Blue Lakes

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-55.jpg
Tasman Glacier
This glacier had retreated till this place from where the lake pukaki starts.

After spending some time there we came back to car park and i alone went for another short hike called Glencoe Walk from behind the hermitage hotel to a look out point for Mt Cook and these were the views from that lookout.
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-57.jpg
We had booked for our 2 night stay in twizel and finally around 1530hrs we started 40kms drive back to twizel from Mount Cook enroute stopping for some more pictures.

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-59.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-60.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-61.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-62.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-63.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-64.jpg

Reached Twizel around 1600 hrs and our cottage was kept ready for us. Unpacked, had tea and the fading light with brilliant autumn colors of twizel called for another photo shoot. Packed my camera gear and out I went again in search of capturing some good photographs. First I clicked some Autumn colors along the roadside in this quaint little country town of Twizel.

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-65.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-68.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-69.jpg

Then I proceeded towards lake Rutaniwha which was very close to our cottage as can be seen from the maps.
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-twizellake-rut.jpg

Lake itself is not that great after having seen Lake tekapo and Lake Pukaki but during Autumn the trees lining the lake proivde for good reflection of Autumn colors.
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-70.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-71.jpg
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-72.jpg

Soon the light faded off and it was time to go home. It was a long day and soon after some good meal we called it a day. Here's the cottage (camry parked in front) called Moutain Chalet Motels where we were staying.

Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-95.jpg
Here’s a glimpse of whats coming next .
Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday-collage4.jpg

Last edited by dave7377 : 15th May 2012 at 09:54.
dave7377 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Kia Ora! New Zealand- A 3000 kms driving holiday

amazing trip, and mind blowing pics. Did you use any filters ?? circular polarizing ones or have you done some saturation of colours post clicking. They have come really good. Also , would appreciate if you could share with us details of places you stayed (names of hotels or lodges). Pricing indicators will be icing on the cake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks