Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:06   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Since packages are quite expensive, i am looking to do the planning myself. I would really appreciate if i can get any pointers to reliable Travel operators providing cab for 5/6 days which would cover Guwahati, Shillong and Cherapunjee.Also is Mid May a good time to visit as monsoon might set in.
Monsoon will not arrive in mid May, however there could be occasional rains. Guwahati will be hot, Shillong and Cherrapunjee will be pleasant. You should get some rains in Cherrapunjee.

You can drop me a pm with your dates, cabs can be arranged. No problems.

Do get back for any other queries.
Old 14th March 2016, 15:18   #47

Re: Guwahati - Kaziranga - Shillong trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Monsoon will not arrive in mid May, however there could be occasional rains. Guwahati will be hot, Shillong and Cherrapunjee will be pleasant. You should get some rains in Cherrapunjee.

You can drop me a pm with your dates, cabs can be arranged. No problems.

Do get back for any other queries.
We are planning to visit Guwahati, KNP, Shillong & Chirapunjee from 20-Apr till 26-Apr. We have made the necessary travel and hotel arrangements. But we are still looking to book a vehicle for local travel. We are group of 10 people and were looking for Tempo Traveller for local commute. We contacted www.asom.in and their quote is close to Rs.40k for entire duration of the trip. Need to know if ASOM is reputed travel operator and the price quoted by them is reasonable. Your advise would be of great help. Also if you can suggest any other operator we will contact them for a quote. Thanks in advance

Last edited by arunmramu : 14th March 2016 at 15:31.
Old 14th March 2016, 18:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmramu View Post
We are planning to visit Guwahati, KNP, Shillong & Chirapunjee from 20-Apr till 26-Apr. We have made the necessary travel and hotel arrangements. But we are still looking to book a vehicle for local travel. We are group of 10 people and were looking for Tempo Traveller for local commute. We contacted www.asom.in and their quote is close to Rs.40k for entire duration of the trip. Need to know if ASOM is reputed travel operator and the price quoted by them is reasonable. Your advise would be of great help. Also if you can suggest any other operator we will contact them for a quote. Thanks in advance
I've not heard of the above operator, so won't be able to really confirm. Pls pm me your itinerary, I'll ask around for a vehicle and its cost. Will two Innovas do or you all want to travel in the same vehicle? In that case, traveller is the only option.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 19:17   #49

20 Apr - Bangalore -> Guwahati (reach by 11 am). Guwahati sight seeing. Evening Cruise
21 Apr - Guwahati -> KNP. Stay in KNP for 2 days
23 Apr - KNP -> Shillong. Shillong sight-seeing
24 Apr - Shillong -> Hotwater springs, Mawlynnong, Dawki. Back to Shillong
25 Apr - Shillong -> Chirapunjee. Back to Shillong in the evening
26 Apr - Shillong -> Guwahati. Late afternoon flight to Bangalore

We are fine with 2 Innovas provided the cost would not be higher that TT.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
We are fine with 2 Innovas provided the cost would not be higher that TT.
Okay, give me one or two days (I'm traveling right now), I'll check around for the best rates and get back to you whether the rate that you've got is okay or not. I'm not very sure of AC Traveller rates at this moment.

Innova will be in the range of Rs 2k per day+fuel at actuals+Rs 400 per day for driver.
Old 18th March 2016, 14:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
20 Apr - Bangalore -> Guwahati (reach by 11 am). Guwahati sight seeing. Evening Cruise......
............We are fine with 2 Innovas provided the cost would not be higher that TT.
Sorry for not replying earlier as I was traveling. I've checked with a couple of agencies. AC TT is coming to around 5200 to 5500 per day all inclusive. Sumo Victa or Bolero will be cheaper. Innova will be about 2k+ fuel+ 400 for driver per day.

You can try to book a bit later also as currently all vehicles are quoting higher rates due to the impending elections.
Old 19th March 2016, 07:46   #52
BHPian

Can anyone please confirm the timings of the Safari. From the website, i got the following timings i.e.

Elephant rides: First ride is from 5.15am to 6.15 am and Second ride is from 6.30am to 7.30am from November to April (unless census may be scheduled).

Jeep safari: Jeep Safari is from 7.30am to 9.30am & 2pm to 3.30pm.
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:31   #53

Quote:
Sorry for not replying earlier as I was traveling. I've checked with a couple of agencies. AC TT is coming to around 5200 to 5500 per day all inclusive. Sumo Victa or Bolero will be cheaper. Innova will be about 2k+ fuel+ 400 for driver per day.

You can try to book a bit later also as currently all vehicles are quoting higher rates due to the impending elections.
Thank you for the help. Will surely wait for few more days before we book. We are inclined to booking a TT. Request you to share the details of travel agents whom we could speak to.
Old 30th March 2016, 10:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the help. Will surely wait for few more days before we book. We are inclined to booking a TT. Request you to share the details of travel agents whom we could speak to.
Sorry, I missed this post somehow. You can contact the following travel agent. He's quoting 5800 per day all inclusive for AC TT.

Name - Dipankar, Ph - 09864033984.

Pls tell him that Dipankar (a different person) referred his name to you.

Disclaimer- I don't have any business relationship with this person nor do I have any financial interest in any transaction with him. Posting this information here as this could be beneficial to members looking to book vehicles.
Old 4th April 2016, 12:56   #55

Quote:
Sorry, I missed this post somehow. You can contact the following travel agent. He's quoting 5800 per day all inclusive for AC TT.

Name - Dipankar, Ph - 09864033984.

Pls tell him that Dipankar (a different person) referred his name to you.

Disclaimer- I don't have any business relationship with this person nor do I have any financial interest in any transaction with him. Posting this information here as this could be beneficial to members looking to book vehicles.
Thanks for taking time-out to help us with the contact details. We will surely contact him. Thanks once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks