Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 18:23   #31
BHPian

Re: A weekend in Alappuzha

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
so I have two options. Either take VIP gallery pass at Ramada or buy VIP pass from Govt office/site for view with public. Prices are similar about Rs 3000 per person.
Which one will provide better view? which one should I choose?
I guess hotel gallery will be be more comfortable.
I am not able to make a definitive recommendation as I've not been to the Govt VIP gallery. The Govt gallery is closer to the finish line than the Ramada gallery but would be far more crowded. But then, crowds may provide a more energetic atmosphere!

My own decision went in favour of Ramada based on potential crowds, access to clean facilities (food, rest rooms), potential for photography and overall ease of logistics.

Have a fun trip.
Old 13th June 2018, 12:58   #32
BHPian

Re: A weekend in Alappuzha

Nehru Trophy boat race is a spectator sports event, best watched on TV. Sitting at a gallery for the whole day is not really worth it. The most important event- snake boats final- will happen after 4pm, sometimes at 6pm. The local crowd will be coming to the gallery without tickets (mostly drunk) after 2pm. Once, I left the gallery and went home to watch the final on TV!

Despite all these, it is a nice experience. Especially the inauguration and mass drill in the morning and finals. Ramada seems to be the most comfortable option, but I am not sure about the visibility from the hotel gallery. A pair of binoculars is handy.

There will be lots of houseboats parked on one side of the track. Getting a seat in one of those is another option to get a closer view of the event.

Most Viewed