Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 16:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Tajpur : Close to Kolkata, but fun too

I am on my way to Tajpur this weekend!

Yes! and it is the season of the World Cup. I hope the hotel there has cable connection and Sony Six.

But its always better to miss the initial matches than when the tournament heats up.
Old 13th June 2014, 12:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
I am on my way to Tajpur this weekend!

Yes! and it is the season of the World Cup. I hope the hotel there has cable connection and Sony Six.

But its always better to miss the initial matches than when the tournament heats up.
All the best, the weather also is getting pleasant for a sea side holiday. I had been there for the second time about a week ago. which hotel have you booked? Please let us know once you come back from your trip and share your experience.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 14:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
All the best, the weather also is getting pleasant for a sea side holiday. I had been there for the second time about a week ago. which hotel have you booked? Please let us know once you come back from your trip and share your experience.
I hope the weather is good there.

I am staying a Hotel Sabuj Saikat.
I will share the some pictures on my return and perhaps some route updates as well.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:34   #19

I recently drove to Tajpur in my Grand I10 (Auto). It was a fun drive; took me around 3 and a half hours while going (we started at 5:30AM) and return took around 4 and a half hours with a mandatory pit stop at sher e punjab. We stayed at sabuj saikat, a nice resort and found the beach to be more fun than Mandarmani.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th February 2017 at 12:59. Reason: Edited post to remove excessive dots. Please read through the Posting Guidelines.
Old 28th May 2018, 13:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
I hope the weather is good there.

I am staying a Hotel Sabuj Saikat.
I will share the some pictures on my return and perhaps some route updates as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
I recently drove to Tajpur in my Grand I10 (Auto). It was a fun drive; took me around 3 and a half hours while going (we started at 5:30AM) and return took around 4 and a half hours with a mandatory pit stop at sher e punjab. We stayed at sabuj saikat, a nice resort and found the beach to be more fun than Mandarmani.

Hi Folks, planning a family trip to Tajpur over the upcoming weekend and planning to stay at sabuj saikat, courtesy your rave reviews! Wanted to check if the cottages remain cool during the day as the snaps suggest these have roofs made of asbestos. Is the power situation good enough for the air conditioner to keep running throughout?

Also, does the route to the resort pass through any portion of the beach with the attendant risk of the tyres getting stuck in sand?
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:27   #21
BHPian

It’s a great place, you will enjoy the beach. Firstly, although the roof of the cottages are not concrete, they mostly have a heat insulation layer of thermocol above the false ceiling, at least we never felt too hot, but yes, do book an air conditioned room, do not take risk of non AC as the weather in this upcoming weekend seems to remain very hot. Power situation is decent, on our recent trip in early May 2018, we faced just a night of power cut in 3 days, that too because of extreme thunderstorms. But mostly all resorts have decent power backup. We didn’t face even 1 hour without power.
Secondly, the road is pucca Road right from where you leave the highway till 10-15meteres from the resort. There is no driving through beach on tajpur. The beach is pristine and well kept. Even if you get a chance somehow to drive on the beach, it is my request to not do so, as it harms the beautiful red crabs.
Enjoy your weekend, and do post pictures.
arpanjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 14:26   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi Folks, planning a family trip to Tajpur over the upcoming weekend and planning to stay at sabuj saikat, courtesy your rave reviews! Wanted to check if the cottages remain cool during the day as the snaps suggest these have roofs made of asbestos. Is the power situation good enough for the air conditioner to keep running throughout?

Also, does the route to the resort pass through any portion of the beach with the attendant risk of the tyres getting stuck in sand?
Sorry for late reply. They have proper connection (not like Mandarmani where resorts run on DG). Every cottage has an AC so summers indoors will be fine. The route to the resort is off the main road and does not touch beach area. It is proper hard road. Follow G Maps and you will not have any problems. Call Sanat (9830070011) for reservations.

Hope this helps.
BlackPanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 12:09   #23
BHPian

The original thread is almost five years old but still reads fresh.

I also had been to the Tajpur beach in October, and sea beach looked very much different then Digha.

But this time, it was not possible to drive the car to the beach for us. Don't know if that was temporary. The beach was secluded and quiet place. This is a beach if we want to spend a quiet time in a beach. Not much activity to do here.

Raw nature of the beach is what attracted me there.

Some moments from the beach:

The resort is nice to stay for 1 or 2 days. The rooms are quiet big and nice with corridors having nice views. The property area is quite big. The only drawback is the dining.

The staying option was the West Bengal Forest department bunglow (Tajpur Prokriti Parjoton Kendra). This was a nice place to stay. It is very near to the beach and has a private access to the beach. This gives a feeling of being in the nature with the noise level at bay.

I have posted a review of the bunglow here:
BehindSteering is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks