Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 00:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve visit - May 2012

Excellent Pics W.A.G.7 ! Nice Compositions. I enjoyed going through these a lot. Particularly the floral shots - a riot of pure colours. As I went through these pics, I was reminded of those early college & bachelor days when I used to be a photo buff [now far from it]. I was also refreshed with my memories of my safari at Rajaji National Park last year. Life's been busy, and it inspires me to start thinking about a break !
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 09:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Ketan, those are some really good shots and the sheer number of Tigers seen in various modes must have made your trip completely worth it. Enjoyed reading your experience thoroughly!
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 10:37   #18
BHPian

This is one amazing tiger log. just loved the pics especially the ones where the king sits on the concrete bed with legs folded. Nice bird pics too.

Thanks for sharing.
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 10:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Never seen so many tiger photos and multiple tigers in a single frame. Great going sir. Good that you got to see so many tigers. The photos are also very nice. The bird pictures are cool too. How do you actually get to identify the birds? Is it something which comes from practice and experience? Did you start off by referring any book?
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 11:18   #20
BHPian

Beautiful pictures. Seems you had some huge amount of luck running there seeing so many tigers. I agree fully with you that we must be doing an awful lot more to save our tigers. Its simply sad the way they are being eliminated systematically. I think there is enough of covert official support and undercover corruption which allows this to happen .

though, and I must confess I am a noob when it comes to photography, but do the Nikons give slightly over-exposed photographs compared to Canons by default? I might be wrong with my generic perception here.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 11:37   #21
BHPian

Excellent pictures sir!
I'll ask you more details once i meet.
For how many days was the package for?
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 12:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

An enjoyable travelogue with a flood of Tiger pictures. The one sitting on the slab cross-legged is poster material.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 13:15   #23
BHPian

I have got just one thing to say about your travelogue, "MIND BLOWING"

Had been to Tadoba once in 2009 and it was a "experience of a lifetime" for me. Unfortunately, I didn't have an SLR with me back then (That was when I decided to buy one though). Nevertheless, the landscape and pictures I shot in my mind are still fresh with vivid greens! The love for the big cat has only grown exponentially since!
Driving_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 13:29   #24
BHPian

This's an awesome coverage of the jungle mate; the jungle, tigers and other wildlife! The Tiger shots are amazing, especially of the sleepy one. And I think that Sloth Bear was smiling when you clicked it, maybe it liked being photographed!

A clean, crisp log with nice pics; wonderful.
lordofgondor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 14:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
W.A.G.7,
Though it is a very sad commentary that three of them have been killed last month in the very same reserve or they too could have ended up on your camera.

Good photography.
Regards,
Yes, it's real sad that many animals are getting wiped out simply for short term needs of the people. But it was an excellent trip overall. 13 tiger sightings in 3 days with 9-10 distinct tigers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Life's been busy, and it inspires me to start thinking about a break !
Do take a break. It's extremely refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Ketan, those are some really good shots and the sheer number of Tigers seen in various modes must have made your trip completely worth it. Enjoyed reading your experience thoroughly!
You said it; the first day first ride itself we had 7 tigers + sloth bear + wild dogs in our camera, so the trip was total paisa vasool in the first ride itself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
This is one amazing tiger log. just loved the pics especially the ones where the king sits on the concrete bed with legs folded. Nice bird pics too.

Thanks for sharing.
The tiger on the small concrete bridge was unexpected. We rounded a bend in the road and came face to face with her. These were taken in the morning. Thankfully due to the limit on the no. of permits from this gate; there wasn't over crowding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Never seen so many tiger photos and multiple tigers in a single frame. Great going sir. Good that you got to see so many tigers. The photos are also very nice. The bird pictures are cool too. How do you actually get to identify the birds? Is it something which comes from practice and experience? Did you start off by referring any book?
Books for bird identification, well I would suggest that you get "Birds of Indian subcontinent" by Grimmet & Inskipp. Some birds were pointed out to us by the camp instructors.

I have been trying to study and identify birds since 2007; I can do pretty well, but not as good as some of the expert bird watchers here. There's still a lot to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Seems you had some huge amount of luck running there seeing so many tigers. I agree fully with you that we must be doing an awful lot more to save our tigers.
though, and I must confess I am a noob when it comes to photography, but do the Nikons give slightly over-exposed photographs compared to Canons by default? I might be wrong with my generic perception here.
Yes, we were extremely lucky to see so many tigers. We still can do a lot to save not only tigers but other animals as well. And I am also a noob when it comes to SLR's, but I thought it was vice versa i.e. Canons tend to overexpose compared to Nikons. Maybe experts here can advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent pictures sir!
I'll ask you more details once i meet.
For how many days was the package for?
Sure, in the mega meet, we will meet . 11,700/- was everything inclusive for 6 days. Additional safaris will cost 2500/- (subject to change).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
An enjoyable travelogue with a flood of Tiger pictures. The one sitting on the slab cross-legged is poster material.
That was super poster material. For that minute there was only the sound of Canon and Nikon shutters firing away !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
I have got just one thing to say about your travelogue, "MIND BLOWING"
Yes, the whole experience in the jungle is really mind blowing !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
This's an awesome coverage of the jungle mate; the jungle, tigers and other wildlife! The Tiger shots are amazing, especially of the sleepy one. And I think that Sloth Bear was smiling when you clicked it, maybe it liked being photographed!

A clean, crisp log with nice pics; wonderful.
Thanks, we were wondering if would spot a leopard in the jungle. A leopard was the only thing left to be seen , but I guess for that I will have to go to Bandipur!
Old 4th June 2012, 14:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

lovely thread Ketan;l absolutely loved it!

great pictures and matching captions!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 14:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys, me and my Bro are thinking of going to Tadoba in July end / August first week. I know this is not a great time, but the only slot we have. I have a few questions:

- Can I take my own vehicle inside the reserve? I have a Gurkha so it can certainly handle any terrain thrown at it.
- How bad is the chosen time-fram.e I am expecting very hot days, heavy rains towards the evenings, slush, insects, reptiles... What more?
- Will I get to see anything during that time, or will the Rains make the Foliage cover very dense reducing chances of sightings?

And yes, beautiful pictures. It is rare to find such nice and plentyful pictures of Tigers. Many thanks.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 15:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hello W.A.G.7,

Simply awesome. I am speechless.

This is probably first time I am seeing so many Tiger pictures from a single visit. You were genuinely lucky to capture all these pictures.

Also the quality of pictures is truly professional. Except for the white balance, everything else is perfect.

I am definitely going to Taboda very soon.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 20:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

TATR is one of those sanctuaries that is open during monsoons; of course not the entire forest but some sections.

Roy, let me explain to you point wise.

1. You can take your own vehicle and Gurkha will handle any terrain, but you can either drive or enjoy and take pictures.

2. The time chosen is as bad as it can get.

3. You said it. Due to rains the foliage will be dense, waterholes deep inside the core area would be full and the animals do not have to come out in search of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

Guys, me and my Bro are thinking of going to Tadoba in July end / August first week. I know this is not a great time, but the only slot we have. I have a few questions:

- Can I take my own vehicle inside the reserve? I have a Gurkha so it can certainly handle any terrain thrown at it.
- How bad is the chosen time-fram.e I am expecting very hot days, heavy rains towards the evenings, slush, insects, reptiles... What more?
- Will I get to see anything during that time, or will the Rains make the Foliage cover very dense reducing chances of sightings?
gd1418 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 22:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic photos, and great luck, W.A.G.7!!!

When did you go exactly? I am sorely tempted to do a quick trip to Tadoba before the monsoons start.

Interesting to see the grey jungle fowl in Tadoba. In the MP parks/North, one sees the red fowl. Perhaps Maharashtra is the Northernmost limit of the grey one?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 4th June 2012 at 23:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks