Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 09:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Tadoba Tiger Reserve visit - May 2012

In one of your pics, I could see someone standing on the road and there is a Tiger near to the bike. Are they tourists or the forest guard? That seems to be quite risky. Are private vehicles allowed inside the park?

You seem to be very lucky to spot Tigers everywhere you went.
joe1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 09:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures W.A.G.7 , if there is one thread where one can find so many pictures of tigers this is it. Mecca of tiger pictures.

On a side note, who even parked that splendor there ?
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 11:28   #33
BHPian

I think, your T-log has the best tiger expressions till date. And a great collection of quotes for each photo.
Rated 5 stars!
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 14:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the wishes. The real beauty was of nature and tigers, which I have tried to present in front of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys, me and my Bro are thinking of going to Tadoba in July end / August first week.
As GD has said, July end/Aug might be a little wrong time because, the vegetation will be too dense to spot anything. Maybe you can try in October around Diwali time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
This is probably first time I am seeing so many Tiger pictures from a single visit. You were genuinely lucky to capture all these pictures.
Yes, we were indeed lucky to see so many tigers in one go. The only thing now left is to sight a leopard in the wild !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Also the quality of pictures is truly professional. Except for the white balance, everything else is perfect.
Yes, the white balance was accidently set to cloudy & also in some cases the shutter speed should have been higher to avoid blur. I have the RAW files though, so I will try my hand at photoshop/ white balance correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Fantastic photos, and great luck, W.A.G.7!!!
When did you go exactly? I am sorely tempted to do a quick trip to Tadoba before the monsoons start.
Thanks, we we there in Tadoba from 23-28 May. If you can manage, then surely you must go before the monsoons. In fact one of my friends is going to do the same: travel to Nagpur on Friday evening, safaris on Sat/Sun and Monday morning and return by Monday evening.

Also my experience was that there were more sightings in the evening safari; compared to the morning safari, from 2.30pm to 6.30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Interesting to see the grey jungle fowl in Tadoba. In the MP parks/North, one sees the red fowl. Perhaps Maharashtra is the Northernmost limit of the grey one?
Hey, I didn't know this. I thought grey jungle fowls are also common throughout Indian forests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
In one of your pics, I could see someone standing on the road and there is a Tiger near to the bike. Are they tourists or the forest guard? That seems to be quite risky. Are private vehicles allowed inside the park? You seem to be very lucky to spot Tigers everywhere you went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Awesome pictures W.A.G.7 , if there is one thread where one can find so many pictures of tigers this is it. Mecca of tiger pictures. On a side note, who even parked that splendor there ?
The guys walking on the road were the forest department guys and the Splendor belonged to them, since they had been allocated watch duty that night, on the machan next to the water hole.

Also there are a few villages inside the forest, so the villagers use motorcycles for commuting between the villages and main gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
I think, your T-log has the best tiger expressions till date. And a great collection of quotes for each photo.
Rated 5 stars!
Thanks. We were seriously super lucky to spot so many tigers. The first ride itself we had seen 7 tigers.
Old 5th June 2012, 17:07   #35
BHPian

beautiful pictures. We also were in Tadoba recently and it was a totally landmark trip with Tigers raining every where also had some other incredible sightings - which i did not have till date - sloth bear, crocodile eating its prey in water , tiger hunting a wild boar right infront on my gypsy

Incredible. Tadoba totally rocks - and such huge population of cubs, just incredible.

Will post my TL shortly - have just returned from the trip and still to sort the pics.
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 17:27   #36
BHPian

Nice capture Ketan!
This season seems to be Tiger spotting friendly in Tadoba..
Great job for shutterbugs it seems.
Thanks for sharing.

BTW the Leopard being a very very secluded animal, is almost difficult to sight..
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 23:44   #37
BHPian

Don't the villagers inside the park that travel with a two wheeler or by walk run the risk of being attacked by the tiger? Aren't there any man animal conflicts inside the park?
Old 6th June 2012, 13:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
We also were in Tadoba recently and it was a totally landmark trip with Tigers raining every where

Will post my TL shortly - have just returned from the trip and still to sort the pics.
Great, looking forward for your pics as well! Please do post the travellogue asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Don't the villagers inside the park that travel with a two wheeler or by walk run the risk of being attacked by the tiger? Aren't there any man animal conflicts inside the park?
There are man-animal conflicts. Not only in Tadoba but also in other forests as well. But my experience is that unless you go and trouble the animals for some reason, they will never attack you without a reason.

The villages will be re-located outside the forest in a year or so. That's what the guides told me. But till then I guess there will be all sorts of vehicles in the forest (which is a bad thing).
Old 6th June 2012, 14:27   #39
BHPian

W.A.G.7 - amazing photologue, very nicely taken pictures as well. I went to Tadoba couple of years back and could re-live the memories through your photos.

On a lighter note - it seems like the tigers came to see your rather than the other way round!

It is sad to see the slow pace of movement while relocating the villages. I had a discussion with a forest officer when I visited Kanha a few years back and he said all these things take time to ensure that the villagers don't come back again. Not sure whether I can buy that explanation...
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 14:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Lots of tiger pics there sir! Its great to see so many spottings. I think you timed your trip perfectly. Towards the end of summer, the tigers have no choice but to be near the watering holes.

While all the tourism is a good thing, I hope it doesnt turn into a zoo kind of adventure. National parks have their own charm and I hope it stays that way. Or we will not be able to call these animals wild either. It is only my opinion though.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 18:14   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic thread with superb photos. You got really lucky to see these wild cats in their habitat being at their will.

By the way how on earth did that splendor get in there. Its too dangerous to both the person who came on it and the other animals as well.

A well deserved 5 star rating.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 21:25   #42
BHPian

@W.A.G.7 . 5 star thread..Amazing capture. Luck was on your side to see so many tigers in a single trip and that too tigers posing for you. The one in cross-legged pose is something rare.
Avid trekker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 14:41   #43
BHPian

Superb captures of TATR. TATR stands for Tiger And Tiger Reserve. However, you have captured Tadoba fully. I went during May 2012 and saw 14 different tiger/tigress, pack of 12 wild dogs, two sloath bear and a leopard during 10 rounds. Superb pictures. I too got all 4 telia cubs and the wagdow male together but captured 3 in one frame. Outstanding.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
It is sad to see the slow pace of movement while relocating the villages.
Yes, under the hood, there's lots of red tapism going on. Also convincing people to move out is a tough task, no one would want to move out of a place which they can rightly call as their 'home'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
While all the tourism is a good thing, I hope it doesnt turn into a zoo kind of adventure.
Unfortunately in many sanctuaries in India, it is turning into that kind of a thing. Looking at a tiger venturing so near to humans without any fear, a thought does cross your mind - It isn't safe for the tiger's own well being as well as for the humans around the tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
By the way how on earth did that splendor get in there. Its too dangerous to both the person who came on it and the other animals as well.
That Splendor belonged to the forest department guys. I think Tadoba is the only forest where they allow private vehicles into the jungle
Old 7th June 2012, 15:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Unfortunately in many sanctuaries in India, it is turning into that kind of a thing. Looking at a tiger venturing so near to humans without any fear, a thought does cross your mind - It isn't safe for the tiger's own well being as well as for the humans around the tiger.
To be honest (and a bit blunt), I dont really care about the humans.
We go to their sanctuaries and intrude upon their areas which we have reserved for them. In what sense can we then call them wild animals; in a few generations they will be like the penguins of Madagascar - smiling for cameras. hence I feel such sanctuary visits should be regulated before all hell breaks loose. maybe all visitors should be asked to do mandatory volunteer work under supervision in/ around the sanctuary.

My opinion is a bit strong, so I can understand if you/ others disagree.
Anything else I add will be OT. Perhaps even this post is; let the mods decide.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks