Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 11:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Face to face with an angry tiger

Fantastic! Simply Fantastic photos. You know, you be the one of the few select guys who will be able to tell you grandchildren that you had a live encounter with a Tiger in the wild. The look on the face of the cat seems very angry, did you heart stop for a while? Please share more photos on the car if you have. Keep the good things coming.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 12:11   #32
BHPian

WOW, mesmerizing pictures. Only heard about the tigers' roar and charge in kenneth Anderson's tale's. Your experience and images add color to the awesomeness of the wild tiger.
The last picture of the tiger with its ears flattened is truly awe inspiring. I can almost hear and feel that roar.

You sir, are truly lucky! And bless you for those steady hands
Rash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 13:30   #33
BHPian

Excellent pics and narration.

The pics 9,10 and 11 in the first post are one of the best Tiger pics I have ever seen. They clearly depict what that tiger is capable of, look at the strength his body and his roar shows off !! Hats off to the pics again
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 16:47   #34
BHPian

Face to face with a snarling tiger and you lived to tell the tale! You are indeed a fortunate man. That must have accounted for quite a few heart stopping moments in your life. The photographs are excellent.
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 17:21   #35
BHPian

Great sighting and wonderful pictures.

I am cursing myself because i had a booking in Jungle lodges and Resorts Kabini for 10th of June and then had to cancel it.

Was this sighting on June 09th or 10th? Please reply as i will never ever cancel my future bookings.

Lesson learnt. You never know what the forest has in store for you.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 19:02   #36
BHPian

When I read your writeup and saw the pics, I literally felt like I was in the jungle , watching the animals. Superb writeup. You are one of the luckier mortals who spotted an angry and charging tiger,took an amazing picture and lived to tell the story. However, feel sad to see the plight of the mighty animal. Wounded and without a set of proper canines.
Old 14th June 2012, 20:02   #37
BHPian

Great narrative and mind blowing pictures. The ones where the Tiger is staring at the camera as if daring you to face it sure sends shivers up and down the spine. Some of the best Tiger pics I have ever seen!!
shreeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 20:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Great sighting and wonderful pictures.

I am cursing myself because i had a booking in Jungle lodges and Resorts Kabini for 10th of June and then had to cancel it.

Was this sighting on June 09th or 10th? Please reply as i will never ever cancel my future bookings.

Lesson learnt. You never know what the forest has in store for you.
It was on 10th , sorry i know how it feels to miss a tiger. But almost everyone got to see 2 tigers on that day . This is my first tiger since 2008 , you can imagine my frustration for 4 years when narrowly missed sightings atleast 10-15 times in kabini and bandipur together. If this was the reward then it was worth it.
Old 14th June 2012, 20:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
It was on 10th , sorry i know how it feels to miss a tiger. But almost everyone got to see 2 tigers on that day . This is my first tiger since 2008 , you can imagine my frustration for 4 years when narrowly missed sightings atleast 10-15 times in kabini and bandipur together. If this was the reward then it was worth it.

Buddy, you are really blessed to have this kind of sighting.

Damn, i am still not able to forgive myself.

By the way, is the forest still dry or is it green making sightings difficult?
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 20:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Buddy, you are really blessed to have this kind of sighting.

Damn, i am still not able to forgive myself.

By the way, is the forest still dry or is it green making sightings difficult?
Its quite green except the bamboos. backwaters are almost dry. sightings are quite frequent for some time now. i heard 9th there was tiger and leopard then 10th it was 3 tigers total and a leopard. If yo going this is the chance once the rain starts sighting goes down.
Old 14th June 2012, 20:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Its quite green except the bamboos. backwaters are almost dry. sightings are quite frequent for some time now. i heard 9th there was tiger and leopard then 10th it was 3 tigers total and a leopard. If yo going this is the chance once the rain starts sighting goes down.

Will try to make it next weekend. Thank you for the information.

If you dont mind, can you confirm the resort in which you stayed?
Old 15th June 2012, 11:10   #42
BHPian

This is really amazing. What is the story behind the charging elephant?
Old 15th June 2012, 12:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive
This is really amazing. What is the story behind the charging elephant?
It was 5:55 pm, we were returning back when on our left we spotted a herd, we stopped. Next moment we know is the pachyderm hurtling itself towards us. It was a mock attack so we stood our ground. It stopped in its track, few sec later it went back. If yo r a regular visitor to forest sooner or later yo ll experience it ha ha :-)
Old 15th June 2012, 12:55   #44
BHPian

Now that's what I call 200% lucky. You have not merely seen the striped fellow, but also sharply captured what he is well- known for, that blood- curdling snarl and charge. Can't easily forget pic # 8459a and # 8651a in your amazing collection.

Probably you are aware of this, but a tiger that has partially lost one of its precious assets- the canine tooth, is potentially dangerous to humans. So I would consider you also lucky no undesired conflict happened. Fortunately, seeing its belly in pic #8444a, your subject surely had had a heavy meal and was more likely just seeking a place to doze off and no more.

Keep it up!
DrVjy
Old 15th June 2012, 14:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You were witness to a scene that is a rarity in the jungle and you've captured it brilliantly. An angry roaring charging Tiger is a sight to be seen for which I've been roaming various forests in vain.
No more roaming, go to kabini, wait for this injured fellow to turn up, scratch his back and there.. you have an angry tiger. Then click his pic and post up here.

of course on a lighter note

Andy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks