Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano goes on a 970 Km pilgrimage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Somehow you seemed to have missed mine posted two years back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-all-well.html
But i did not miss that kkg, i definately remember reading your travelogue due to the name - Vikram that you have given to your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Really quite inspiring. My next trip out is going to be in my Nano instead of the Jazz !!
I would love to see that from you Amit since there are so places to visit around dehradun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Congrata, silverdo on your journey. I believe that this will increase the trust on tata nano.
Thanks , I will be really happy if that happens since especially Nano is truly a genuine effort from TATA MOTORS for the people of india.
Old 17th June 2012, 09:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA NANO goes on 970 Kms pilgrimage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Somehow you seemed to have missed mine posted two years back.
Yes I did miss it and sorry at that.

Today I read another interesting news in a local vernacular daily that a 62 year old Mr Thomas Chacko is on an 80 day 28 states covering trip in a yellow nano from May onwards; Mumbai to back and is in Kerala now.Mr Ratan Tata made a payment of Rs 5 lacs towards the fuel expenses.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th June 2012 at 09:40.
Old 17th June 2012, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yes I did miss it and sorry at that.

Today I read another interesting news in a local vernacular daily that a 62 year old Mr Thomas Chacko is on an 80 day 28 states covering trip in a yellow nano from May onwards; Mumbai to back and is in Kerala now.Mr Ratan Tata made a payment of Rs 5 lacs towards the fuel expenses.
Its a 25000km trip in a Papaya orange Nano, below is the site

Mano et Nano | India to its furthest reaches
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 22:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Its a 25000km trip in a Papaya orange Nano, below is the site
Colour stands corrected.This former Railway senior official had earlier traversed connecting all the railway divisional head quarters driving all on his own. That time it was not on a Nano.
He was at Kochi for a day as part of the adventure drive yesterday. The Sunday Express also covered the news.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th June 2012 at 22:39.
Old 19th June 2012, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Thanks , I have been doing occasional nearby highway trips with 5 people on board, but this trip was really exceptional for all of us since it created a very deep bond with the car.

There is one guy who has done 2300km trip from mumbai in his nano, found his story on Nano diaries on tatanano website.
Nice travelogue there. Great to see the cute little Nano traversing our hinterland with aplomb. It is surely a great product and hope grows in strength in the coming times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The first travelogue in the forum featuring a Nano. We may now see many, I hope.
Keep revving.
There is another one which is quite special too -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nt-agenda.html

The point to mention here is that Masinagudi to Ooty section is one of the steepest ghats that one can encounter. With 36 hair bends to climb around 1500m (nearly 100ft after each bend) in just over 14 kms and is closed overnight. This surely speaks oodles of the Nano's capability.

Nilgiri Ghat Roads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 14:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that you did not have any driver fatigue after driving such long distances. I am yet to drive a nano, although I have traveled short distances in one. Nice story and thanks for sharing this. I am sure such inspiring stories will help more people to consider this car, what with the fuel prices sky rocketing.
Old 20th June 2012, 13:29   #22
BHPian

I wanted to share with the fourm that it was post reading this travelog, I decided to to drive my Oct 2011 Nano to Chennai from Bangalore.I did Bangalore to Chennai on Monday and was a decent drive keeping speeds around 80 kmph.I felt comfortable on the drive and my humble feedback is that Nano can very well make a highway vehicle.The breaks are a bit weak but in speeds of 70 to 80 knph,it seemed okay.This trip returned a mileage of 27-28 (full tank method).Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 08:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Selva View Post
I wanted to share with the fourm that it was post reading this travelog, I decided to to drive my Oct 2011 Nano to Chennai from Bangalore.
Thanks for sharing Bob, mileage you got is impressive.I do agree brakes are not up to the mark after 80 kmph and you have to rely on anticipation.
But i was driving a Padmini earlier, so i am fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Good to hear that you did not have any driver fatigue after driving such long distances.
I was expecting driver and passenger fatigue, but it was nothing different than the usual trips we do in other cars, i believe credit goes to good legroom and great seating position, and also the fact that we took sufficient breaks.
Old 21st June 2012, 11:40   #24
BHPian

@ Silverado - Nice to hear that you did it in 'Small wonder' and it has capability to do wonders...

I drove NaNo only for a short distance at my native once, and i felt it very reiliable.

Thanks for sharing your experience.. look forward for more trips logs from you..
Old 30th August 2012, 17:22   #25
BHPian

Wow!!! Silverado, don't know how I missed this thread. Wonderful trip indeed and nice to that the Nano performed superbly throughout the trip. Kudos to you for the decision of taking the car for such a trip. The car is indeed a little wonder! I'm just waiting to get my License and then, for sure, the odometer of my Nano is going to climb up like mad i guess!! And a couple of things, how was it seating 3 abreast in the rear seat, i mean, did they feel any fatigue after the trip? And did the luggage heat up when kept in the boot? Also, how was overtaking compared to other vehicles that you've driven?

Recently on a highway trip, the number of Nano's running on the highways is too high. Lot of people take it out for highway runs and it seems to be performing very well too! Hope I get a chance soon too!!
Old 30th August 2012, 18:50   #26
BHPian

or probably not .

How was your experience in terms of darshan at the vithoba temple in pandhapur? Or you skipped darshan due to the ex president being there

Last when i went there the whole approach from the river to the temple was a sorry sight (parked my car on the river bed-saw human waste ,dead dogs )

The greedy pujaris as usual were on their business development spree (i was asked inr 1500 for instant access to the idol)

Like you always had this fascination for pandhapur (temple near the river ,moon shaped river ,sant tukaram -just like the way they describe in the school textbooks) in reality this place really needs good maintenance.

RR..
Old 2nd September 2012, 00:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
how was it seating 3 abreast in the rear seat, i mean, did they feel any fatigue after the trip? And did the luggage heat up when kept in the boot? Also, how was overtaking compared to other vehicles that you've driven?
Thanks buddy.

This is the only car i own right now, so this is what i use for all the trips that i do, short or long.

3 abreast is strictly ok if two are thin ( which was the case with us ) and the 3rd one is average.

Luggage did heat up, but since it had clothes no worries, i am going to buy 2nd sheet which comes with 2012 nano soon.

Overtaking was painfull esp on NH9, but in interior roads it was pretty ok since i was able to get to good speeds before attempting overtake.

There was no fatigue after the trip, it was just like any other car journey.

We look forward to your Trips in Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
or probably not .

How was your experience in terms of darshan at the vithoba temple in pandhapur? Or you skipped darshan due to the ex president being there
I reached Pandharpur on day1 when the ex-pres was there, and yes skipped darshan on that day, but on day3 while returning we took darshan, it took us only 30 minutes to take darshan that day and it was at 1:00pm, also pandharpur that day was not at all crowded.

This was my first visit to pandharpur and it was neat and clean ( Probably the ex-pres visit was the reason)

Last edited by silverado : 2nd September 2012 at 00:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks