Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 15:52   #31
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Meghamalai - The Hidden Paradise

@madbiker - Lovely travelogue, awesome pictures and narration, Thanks for sharing !
When I spoke to the woodbriar estate folks last month for accomodation at Valparai they did not have availability but they did mention it was available at their Meghamalai property, but since I'd planned for Valparai I gave it a miss, but definitely on the cards sometime soon. Just hoping the roads get better by then.
Old 24th June 2012, 08:36   #32
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pictures there Ananth. You guys had a ball and there is a charm visiting off-beat places & being surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
On the Two Lane Under Construction roads

CBR - 9/10

R15 - 7/10

On Broken / Off Roads in the Hills:

CBR - 8/10

R15 - 6/10
Got to agree here. I fly on bad roads on the CBR, whereas on the R15, I just had to be so tensed up, it wasn't fun at all.
Old 24th June 2012, 14:00   #33
BHPian

Wonderful Pictures @Madbiker.
This reminded me of my Motorcycle trip to Meghamalai last year. The road conditions were not that good. But we enjoyed the serene nature. Good place to visit if one wants to avoid crowd in a hill station.
Ride Safe !
Old 26th June 2012, 10:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hello Madbiker,

Thank you for bringing beauty of Meghamalai to us. The pictures are really nice. I being a biker myself, I truly understand & appreciate the fun of bike tours.

Also today www.timesofindia.com has featured Meghamalai in Travel section: Meghamalai: Land of greens and blues - The Times of India

Couple of my colleagues were reading & searching for information on Meghamalai after reading the above article & when I guided them to your travelogue on T-BHP, they were totally mesmerised. A big Thank you from all my colleagues for these pictures.

Thanks again,
Old 26th June 2012, 19:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@madbiker - Lovely travelogue, awesome pictures and narration, Thanks for sharing !
When I spoke to the woodbriar estate folks last month for accomodation at Valparai they did not have availability but they did mention it was available at their Meghamalai property, but since I'd planned for Valparai I gave it a miss, but definitely on the cards sometime soon. Just hoping the roads get better by then.
Thanks NPV! I dont think the roads would get any better soon, unless a miracle happens & the Government offices start working properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Awesome pictures there Ananth. You guys had a ball and there is a charm visiting off-beat places & being surprised.

Got to agree here. I fly on bad roads on the CBR, whereas on the R15, I just had to be so tensed up, it wasn't fun at all.
Thanks Sheel. Congrats on getting Hitched

Yes, We did have a joyous time there - And w r t R15, yes i rode the same R15 over the weekend in some rough roads and had a tough time maneuvering the bike across potholes and boulders..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_4_Fortune View Post
Wonderful Pictures @Madbiker.
This reminded me of my Motorcycle trip to Meghamalai last year. The road conditions were not that good. But we enjoyed the serene nature. Good place to visit if one wants to avoid crowd in a hill station.
Ride Safe !
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Madbiker,

Thank you for bringing beauty of Meghamalai to us. The pictures are really nice. I being a biker myself, I truly understand & appreciate the fun of bike tours.

Also today www.timesofindia.com has featured Meghamalai in Travel section: Meghamalai: Land of greens and blues - The Times of India

Couple of my colleagues were reading & searching for information on Meghamalai after reading the above article & when I guided them to your travelogue on T-BHP, they were totally mesmerised. A big Thank you from all my colleagues for these pictures.

Thanks again,
Thanks for the compliments Jignesh - Glad i was part of the happy moments with your team!
MadBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 15:52   #36
BHPian

Awesome pictures and the idea of riding those bikes up there.
I bet you all enjoyed it. i can understand what it would have meant to you after living through this summer in Chennai.
I wish I can be tele-ported to such place every evening.
Just the pictures with clouds, mist, rain, greenery, lake... gives me a refreshing feeling.
Thanks for the pictures.
So why don't you guys tells us which bike survived the best in the ride.
Old 27th June 2012, 16:07   #37
BHPian

Neatly written travelogue. and awesomatic pictures.
Thamizha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 16:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Awesome pictures and the idea of riding those bikes up there.
I bet you all enjoyed it. i can understand what it would have meant to you after living through this summer in Chennai.
I wish I can be tele-ported to such place every evening.
Just the pictures with clouds, mist, rain, greenery, lake... gives me a refreshing feeling.
Thanks for the pictures.
So why don't you guys tells us which bike survived the best in the ride.
Thank you

All bikes survived well in the ride. But CBR faired out better owing to the rough terrain & better suspension. Ninja had a already broken front fork seal, so it was more tougher to maneuver the bike in that area. R15 had a over heating issue (was a false alarm due to faulty sensor) - So safe to say CBR survived the best!
Old 28th June 2012, 02:22   #39
BHPian

Guys,

Great pictures. Brought back a lot of memories of my school in the distant past in a similar place. Great to see the bikes being put to test. Wish you had better roads to really enjoy those curves.

And great to see you wearing proper gear although, I did spot some sneakers. Please do get some proper riding boots. Ankles and wrists are the most vulnerable spots for damage in a bike accident, after the head of course. A simple fall at 10 kph can shatter a wrist and/or ankles. Please do protect them.

Cheers. Keep riding and keep safe.
Old 28th June 2012, 04:18   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is indeed a lovely place. Singampatti area. Mostly plantations owned by BBTC and few other companies.
Nice, unspoiled and quiet.
Beautiful photos!
Old 28th June 2012, 10:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Guys,

Great pictures. Brought back a lot of memories of my school in the distant past in a similar place. Great to see the bikes being put to test. Wish you had better roads to really enjoy those curves.

And great to see you wearing proper gear although, I did spot some sneakers. Please do get some proper riding boots. Ankles and wrists are the most vulnerable spots for damage in a bike accident, after the head of course. A simple fall at 10 kph can shatter a wrist and/or ankles. Please do protect them.

Cheers. Keep riding and keep safe.
Thanks for the compliments VLOCT.

Could you share the sneakers picture? As far as I remembered, we all were wearing shoes with some basic protection (I for one, have a riding boot but opted for a waterproof trekking shoe with ankle protection (Quecha) since it was a rain ride..) - We are serious about the gear we wear - If possible Please do share the pic where you saw the sneakers, would correct ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is indeed a lovely place. Singampatti area. Mostly plantations owned by BBTC and few other companies.
Nice, unspoiled and quiet.
Beautiful photos!
Thanks Shankar. Glad you liked them!
Old 28th June 2012, 21:40   #42
BHPian

@madbiker;

Maybe it just looked like a sneaker. As long as the the riding boot comes above the joint, that's all that matters. Idea is to prevent flexing of the joint. Same thing with riding gloves. The jacket sleeves should end inside the glove sleeves so that in the event of a fall, the jacket sleeves don't slide up and expose the arms.

Enjoy the rides and the scenery, especially in the monsoons. Nothing like it. I miss it a lot. It's been a long time since I rode in India. Rides like these brings up a lot of memories. Out here, it's at a different level and so are the consequences of losing concentration.

Basic rule for me is, if you can't ride with mature riders who are serious about safety, skill and gear (AGATT - All Gear, All The Time), I'm much better of riding alone.

Have a great time. Keep riding and keep safe.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 14:25   #43
BHPian

Thanks Madbiker for the beatiful travellogue.

Planning to visit there in March. Any updates about road condition in Theni Meghamalai stretch? We will be going in Swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks