Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 20:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.

I am starting this new thread on my recent visit to Baroda. I knew little bit about this gurudwara called NANAK WADI. It is located in the centre of Baroda city. The area is known as Khanderao market. It is very congested place ,and early in the morning it looks like our Dadar flower market.There are trucks parked all around with flowers,coconuts,onions being unloaded.
Just after 8.30 am the mad rush and the crowd is no more seen.
This Gurudwara has a history. It says Gurunanak ji had visited this place and stayed here for 3 years from years 1415 to 1418.
The gurudwara's exact loction was identified just about 50 yrs ago.That time a small Gurudwara was built by some local sikhs.It has been transformed into a very large sized one recently about 15 yrs ago.
The history according to locals is that Gurunanak ji visited this place before proceeding to Bharuch. When he enterd this place and stayed in a temple which is located next to the Gurudwara and still exists but is in a very bad state.
Unfortunately I landed at this place late evening and was able to click very few photos. The main gate photo is very clear but the temple photos are not.
There is a well where Gurunanak ji used to take his daily bath.
The locals say that this place when Gurunanak ji visited was in a very poor state as far as economy was. They requested Gurunanak ji to bless this place so that the conditions improve. Gurunanak ji blessed this place and even today the tradesmen are the happiest people.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.....
Attached Thumbnails
Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-085.jpg  

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-091.jpg  

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-093.jpg  

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-094.jpg  

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-095.jpg  

Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.-b-096.jpg  

IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 10:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.

WKK-WKF.
Small correction here:
This was were the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak DevJi and his companion Shri Mardanaji stopped and spent some time here in 1515-17, after leaving Baroch. From here they left to travel to Rajasthan. Gurdwara Guru Nanak Varhi has been built to preserve the memory of this visit by the founder of Sikhism. The single room that has long stood to preserve the memory of his visit has today grown into a huge Gurdwara.
This Gurdwara is believed to have existed since 1517 and daily prayers are offered as per the Hukumnama of the Akal Takht Shri Harmandir Sahib ji.

SOURCE: Gurudwara Nanakwadi Sahib - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 26th June 2012 at 10:09.
Old 29th June 2012, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yatra Gurudwara Sri Nanak wadi Baroda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
WKK-WKF.
Small correction here:
This was were the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak DevJi and his companion Shri Mardanaji stopped and spent some time here in 1515-17, after leaving Baroch. From here they left to travel to Rajasthan. Gurdwara Guru Nanak Varhi has been built to preserve the memory of this visit by the founder of Sikhism. The single room that has long stood to preserve the memory of his visit has today grown into a huge Gurdwara.
This Gurdwara is believed to have existed since 1517 and daily prayers are offered as per the Hukumnama of the Akal Takht Shri Harmandir Sahib ji.

SOURCE: Gurudwara Nanakwadi Sahib - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

Raab rakha.
Sonu ji, thanks for the inputs. Infact I stayed here in this very Gurudwara for 3 days instead of a hotel. In the daytime I used to do my work , but in the mornings and evenings I participated in the prayers.For two days I slept on the open terrace of the gurudwara with cool air and stars to look at . The gurudwara staff recites ekdum SPASHT baani.But the gurudwara and surrounding shopkeepers say it was built by a local sikh trader long time back but was expanded year by year by again local sikhs.Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Fateh....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks