Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 03:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Trip to Morni Hills

few days back i've had a chance to visit morni hills, near chandigarh. the exact place that we stayed in was "Tikkar Tal". EXOTIC place to relax, detoxify ur mind and soul. they have an adventure park nearby, the place is owned and maintained by Haryana Tourism. PERFECT for weekend break. delhiites/adjoining....look out. IT ROCKS.

only 270 km from delhi. hilly area (not dangerous though!) helpful guyz, reasonably priced. we even had bonfire, boating, rafting, para sailing....WOW!!

gyz sure check out!!
Old 7th June 2006, 02:00   #2
BHPian

Sure enough ............... Morni is a Great place.
i have been there a couple of times.

it's Worth every PEG.
Old 8th June 2006, 12:57   #3
BHPian

Hi Panky12345.. Can you tell me which route to take to reach Morni hills coming from Delhi..
Old 9th June 2006, 03:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

yep....take NH - 1 till ambala, upon reaching ambala city, u have to take a right (up on the flyover) to head for panchkula....upon reaching panchkula, ask for zirakpur....thats st road....then its a bit tricky, u have to ask some local ki kaun si sarak morni ko kat ti hai..its most prob NH-75. there is a small cut on to left that clearly says morni hills. its 32 kms hill driving, but not dangerous. (me drove for the first time-with 4 heavy duty persons inside and ICE box in the trunk with some bags). dont stay at morni, as theres's nothing much up there except some resorts. follow the route which says "Tikkar Tal". be there early as there are no rooms but a dorm. u can have ALL the fun. two things to take care to be not outta stock are fuel and booze. rest is all good.
Old 9th June 2006, 03:35   #5
BHPian

well................. from Zirakpur, ask some1 u want to go to NADA SAHIB
gurudwara.
There will be 2 traffic lights at zirakpur when u come from ambala side.
on the 2nd light, turn RIGHT n go Straight. or ask some1 the way to NADA
SAHIB Gurudwara.
FRom thaT road u take, u have to again Turn RIGHT from lights n i'll be
over a Bridge. Just keep going Straight.
n 2-3 Kms from that Bridge............ u'll C a LEFT turn to MORNI.
...........rest u can make it out.
Old 9th June 2006, 03:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

perfect jatt.....ek cheez aur, on my way back i never took the road back but follwed the downhill, it took me some 1 1/2 hrs to chandigarh. it was thru some hardcore village. jatt can u let me know which route is that? it was pretty easy!

waise just curious, ur jeep shows "nishanji sahib" and ur avatar shows "paki flag". kuchh hazam nahin hua yaar!
Old 9th June 2006, 03:57   #7
BHPian

r u talking about the way when u GO ahead of the lake .......????
n not coming back form the lake.

there is no SURE way from there........ but definately we can make 1 by
going around from 1 village to another.
never beeen from there........ so no idea.

also ......... at the mid of morni n Nada sabib, theres another way from
parvanu.......... i think u gone from there.
Thats the way to Shimla......... CHD-Parvano-solan-Shimla.

n about that PAki Flag.
just for a change............ but Kamm tan Jattan wale he karne aa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
perfect jatt.....ek cheez aur, on my way back i never took the road back but follwed the downhill, it took me some 1 1/2 hrs to chandigarh. it was thru some hardcore village. jatt can u let me know which route is that? it was pretty easy!

waise just curious, ur jeep shows "nishanji sahib" and ur avatar shows "paki flag". kuchh hazam nahin hua yaar!
Old 9th June 2006, 04:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt
n about that PAki Flag.
just for a change............ but Kamm tan Jattan wale he karne aa.
Hilarious Jatt bhai sahab!
Old 9th June 2006, 04:13   #9
BHPian

Hey panky ...............
u r GOOD at drinking................... right??
thats y u have RED Label Pic on ur Profile.

so did u enjoyed ur Visit to Morni.???
must have enjoyed with DRINKS..... did yaa??
thats the place to Rock...

i once went to Morni with my GF........
there i clicked a few snaps.
i'll check n post the Pics soon.
Old 9th June 2006, 10:15   #10
BHPian

Thanks for the directions guys.. Will plan it out sometime soon..
Old 9th June 2006, 10:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

@ jatt.....bhai sahab, do cheezan jatt mangda, daru ghar di, bandook barah bor di! am a harcore punjabi, and, hence, a hardcore drinker. yes, i did enjoy my morni trip. it was fantastic yaar. 2 couples, 2 days....3 bottles scotch, music.... all well!!

@dragon.....yaar do tell me when u want to go....may be i can accompany u (either with or without better half) or we can call jatt bhai as well!
Old 12th June 2006, 13:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
@dragon.....yaar do tell me when u want to go....may be i can accompany u (either with or without better half) or we can call jatt bhai as well!
@Panky.. Yes sure would let you know.. it would be better to take along the better half's unless you want them to become bitter half's once we return... And Jatt bhai you got a good looking Jeep. Need one for myself too..Soon someday !
Old 14th February 2012, 21:25   #13
BHPian

Re: Trip to Morni Hills

Bumping up an old thread rather than creating a new one. Weather in north has cleared up recently, making it best time to enjoy some sun. Drove out on 5th Feb .... Photos taken from Nikon D5000 or Nokia E52

The Destination:

Tikkar Taal and Chota Tikkar lakes in the Morni Hill Tract. The average distance from Panchkula to these lakes is around 50 Kms one way. Morni is touted as Haryana’s sole Hill Station.

The Route

Preparations comprised as follows:

1. Print out of Google Map (Useless for navigation)

2. Customary topping of petrol tank and air check before outstation travel.

The road is a surprisingly wide and well maintained road right upto Morni. The last 12 Km were pretty rough and steep, though the road remained wide. At least on the day we went, traffic was also minimal with near zero presence of trucks. The largest vehicles are Haryana Roadways buses which ply from Panchkula bus adda. There are sufficient break points on the way with good panoramic view.

The road takes you uphill for the first 30 Km or so, after which you again come down to a valley where the lakes are located. The time taken one way is 2 hours including halts. Look for road signs leading to Holy Child School when exiting from Panchkula.

The Car

I was looking forward to take my SX4 to Tikkar Taal for quite a while. Totally satisfied with the performance. She inspires confidence thanks to the large wheels and power available. 1800+ rpm is where she is happiest.

Driver seat was a spoiler, as I was getting thrown around the bends. The known A-Pillar blind spot can also be a bother due to frequent bends on the road. 3rd gear most of the time, with average speed of around 25 - 40 Kmph. Engine braking utilized on return leg.

Tourist Facilities

I must complement Haryana Tourism for developing tourism potential in the state to the extent possible. Unlike other states in the region Haryana is not blessed with either great natural beauty or places of historical significance.

Conclusion:

An ideal day trip for folks from Chandigarh Tricity region – for families or group of friends.

Last edited by aditya101 : 14th February 2012 at 21:33. Reason: Editing the pics
Old 14th February 2012, 21:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why are the pictures in thumbnail and not captioned? A bit more detail about the accommodation with tariff & facilities would've been helpful.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:39   #15
BHPian

Hi, the text says it all ... have not much else to the pictures. The total resolution of the pics is mostly 1600 pixels, so guess could not have posted inline. It was a day trip, so did not enquire about the tariffs.

Most Viewed