Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 16:26   #31
BHPian

Re: 2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli

i have visited this church. Lovely place. your pics are just awesome, they really bring out the magic of this forgotten place.
Old 9th February 2013, 14:37   #32
BHPian

Re: 2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli

Updating on the old thread as this was a great source of information and one main reason to visit the place.

After being dejected on not being able to make it for the IBW, had to make up for it and the only way was to go for a ride. This time I didn't want to do a place common and populated by visitors. This place was always on the back of my mind and was always wanting to go here and the whole situation just suited the requirements. Now the other dejected fellow had to be convinced, that's my friend whose new steed was going to be our ride to the destination.

After lot of calls, on and off line discussions the ride was planned and we rode on the morning of 02.02.13, and this was actually a mistake on my part that we started of late, at 8:00 in the morning. But then we did not have any deadlines to meet and nothing mattered except for the Sun over our heads. So starting off, I was picked up and we headed straight to Nelamangala through the NICE road exiting at Tumkur. Being a Saturday traffic was moderate and kept us focused till the Nelamangala junction where we took a left and headed on the Mangalore-Bangalore highway. The roads are just plain and boring and hence my friend was drove all the way till just before Kunigal where we stopped for breakfast at around 9:30. The morning rituals were done, but I guess the dosa at Shark-something-Resort made my stomach upset, and that was the first sign of caution which was intelligently ignored and we carried on.

This was the first time I rode the Royal Enfield Classic 500 for a stretch longer than the usually recommended "test-ride". Though I don't discriminate bikes, the RE was not something I would buy and was happy that the friend bought it so that whenever you have a urge to ride one, you are provided with one . The RE certainly has its charisma and the CL is one head-turner at least in the city. The bike runs fine except for a few drawbacks, that's for another day, today we only ride.

We stopped a while later at Hirisave for a but-break and this was about about 20-22km before Channarayapattana. Initially we we were told by another friend that the road turns into a 2 lane due to road construction after Channarayapattana, but that was not the case and we were playing lane-changing right from Hirisave all the way to Hassan. On reaching Hassan we followed the regular route chalked down by the thread starters. If you have Google maps, it helps the repeated stopping and starting and ask for directions. There are about 2 bunks that have opened up once you take off the highway and take the route to Gorur. However, the stretch is only for 25km it matters if you run out of fuel, and with RE giving us about 25kmpl we had this on the back of our minds. However, no such incident happened and we smoothly sailed through. The road is a mix of good and bad stretch,just the way the village roads are and I love riding on them. The 25km stretch is a bliss for a rider like me but not for the pillion.

Few pictures from at the place.
2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli-1.jpg

2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli-2.jpg

Few more pictures coming up with the return journey log.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2015 at 14:25. Reason: Uploading pic as attachment
Asif 6959 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks