Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 17:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
Thanks for a bucket loads of information Maverick!! I will contact DJ in a few days time as I am not yet sure of the dates for next year, would be wifey is coming down to London for a vacation next week and dates should be finalised
Also, I had a look at some other travel websites and the prices for Kanuhura are way more than what you incurred. Anyway this much information is a good start for me, I will let you know if I need some more information.

Cheers
Deepak

Hi Deepak,
We indeed got a great deal from DJ and you can be rest assured to get the same from him. He is a gem of a person and will give you all sorts of friendly advice even without asking. Do let us know if you need any help!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 24th July 2012 at 17:57.
Old 25th July 2012, 15:56   #32
BHPian

Superb details and nice pictures. Great to know the contact details of Mr DJ. It is in the radar.
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Superb details and nice pictures. Great to know the contact details of Mr DJ. It is in the radar.
Thanks Subrat! With your Photography skills, it is a Paradise for you!
Old 26th July 2012, 13:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

A Few more experiences I would like to add during our stay at Kanuhura:

1) On the first morning for breakfast the tea/coffee was the usual affair as in any 5* properties. But my wife casually mentioned to Suresh that Indian Masala tea tastes better. The next morning we had a nice hot pot of Masala tea specially made for us!

2) The second day Suresh and Shabbir got Prawns in Indian style specially made for us which was fabulous. That night when we went for dinner, the head chef personally came to us and enquired how did we like the prawns at lunch!

3) On our tour of the island along with the horticulturist, he knew which industry we are working in and had points for conversation on it!

These small personal interactions made a big impact on our experience there.

Also we had the feeling inside that as we are Indians how will we be treated. But all those feelings vanished the moment we landed there. They treat each and every guest like Royalty!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 26th July 2012 at 13:36.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:40   #35
BHPian

Wow, reading your experience itself is so amazing. Can't think about the realty. I have added this spot to my must travel destination. Thanks for sharing.
hydswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 13:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing pics Maverick and very nice Travelogue - you have really covered everything in detail. I had seen pics earlier of this resort and it seemed almost too good to be true until I saw the same pics from you and the place really is very beautiful!
Looks like we need to start planning a trip to Maldives soon. Just one query - are there any facilities in this place for kids (I have a 5 year old son who is very restless!) and did you find any guests with kids or was it mostly couples only.
Most of our holidays nowadays depend on how engaged we can keep our little one and if he has fun, we are happy!

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 14:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Amazing pics Maverick and very nice Travelogue - you have really covered everything in detail. I had seen pics earlier of this resort and it seemed almost too good to be true until I saw the same pics from you and the place really is very beautiful!
Looks like we need to start planning a trip to Maldives soon. Just one query - are there any facilities in this place for kids (I have a 5 year old son who is very restless!) and did you find any guests with kids or was it mostly couples only.
Most of our holidays nowadays depend on how engaged we can keep our little one and if he has fun, we are happy!

Regards,
Behemoth

Thank you very much Sameer and yes they do have day care facilities for kids and there were infact many families with kids. There was this one Italian Couple who is a famous eye surgeon in Italy come to the resort every 6 months. We made good friends with them and their kids were adorable! So rest assured you will get your share of relaxation while the kids are being looked after. A pic of the Italian kids.

Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-dsc_0460.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Wow, reading your experience itself is so amazing. Can't think about the realty. I have added this spot to my must travel destination. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you hydswift. It surely is a must visit place!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 26th July 2012 at 14:26.
Maverick5490 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 15:22   #38
BHPian

Hello Maverick!

Awesomest pictures ever seen by me. The small detailing that you have ensured in showing the island resort in the pictures is amazing. 30 mins just vanished reading and seeing the pictures. A good choice of Resort thanks to DJ! i have noted his contact details as Maldives is always in my radar!
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 15:42   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hi dgupta, I am unable to send you a pm, and I wont be able to post the contact details here as would be against forum rules.

MODS: Please advice!
You guys could exchange email addresses via posts on this thread and take it from there.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 15:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Hello Maverick!

Awesomest pictures ever seen by me. The small detailing that you have ensured in showing the island resort in the pictures is amazing. 30 mins just vanished reading and seeing the pictures. A good choice of Resort thanks to DJ! i have noted his contact details as Maldives is always in my radar!

Thank you very much sameer sultan! It is the smaller finer details that really count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You guys could exchange email addresses via posts on this thread and take it from there.
Thank you Manson. It was sorted out by GTO permitting the posting of the agents contact details on the thread itself.

Last edited by manson : 26th July 2012 at 16:01. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:14   #41
BHPian

Amazing thread! it would be a 5* thread just for the place and pics, but your narration and information provided is icing on the cake!

Beautiful pics and great narration style - made me want to go there

Rating 5*
Old 27th July 2012, 15:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow pics ! Absolutely fantastic pictures of a fantastic place. Never knew anything like this existed. Definitely on the list of must visit now... Nice narration as well. 1L per head is very much within budget, I didn't feel it expensive at all.

Thanks for sharing details of this place. Must visit it now
Old 28th July 2012, 17:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow pics ! Absolutely fantastic pictures of a fantastic place. Never knew anything like this existed. Definitely on the list of must visit now... Nice narration as well. 1L per head is very much within budget, I didn't feel it expensive at all.

Thanks for sharing details of this place. Must visit it now
Thanks W.A.G.7, yes it is an unbelievable and a must visit place and pretty much manageable depending on your Budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Amazing thread! it would be a 5* thread just for the place and pics, but your narration and information provided is icing on the cake!

Beautiful pics and great narration style - made me want to go there

Rating 5*
Thank you Sach.sri for the compliments! Well you definitely should go there now!
Old 30th July 2012, 01:24   #44
BHPian

WOW!!! Simply exhilarating stuff. It was like watching a pictorial version of Travel and Living. Loved the photography as well as the crisp narratives.

Always wanted to visit Maldives but this travelogue makes me want to do it asap.

Any suggestions on what is the best time of the year to visit and also in terms of when can one get the best deals?
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 09:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
WOW!!! Simply exhilarating stuff. It was like watching a pictorial version of Travel and Living. Loved the photography as well as the crisp narratives.

Always wanted to visit Maldives but this travelogue makes me want to do it asap.

Any suggestions on what is the best time of the year to visit and also in terms of when can one get the best deals?
Hey Buddy, thank you very much for the compliments! Do make sure you go there atleast once.

Best time to go would be from August to Feb / March. Remaining times it would be monsoons and no fun going there. You can get in touch with DJ and bargain for the best deals!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks