Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 16:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crusoe climbs new heights – Kalatop, Khajjiar, Mcleodganj and Dharmshala in 4 day

I loved the perspective of the narration from Crusoes eyes. Enjoyed the log.
Thanks for sharing
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 18:02   #17
BHPian

Re: Crusoe climbs new heights – Kalatop, Khajjiar, Mcleodganj and Dharmshala in 4 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Superb travelogue Biraj! Loved every bit of it and fantastic pics to match the writing too.

I'm set to drive in my Jet to Chamba as well. So will bug you soon for some tips. Check your inbox for my PM!
Thanks Nitin, will call you soon we both need to exchange some tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Excellent place complemented by those pictures. Indian Switzerland, ain't it?
Hearing about these places for the first time. Thanks for the enlightening narration.
Thanks Rajeev, there's so much to explore in India. I will be content with life even if I manage to see 20% of all the places to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I loved the perspective of the narration from Crusoes eyes. Enjoyed the log.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks a ton, coming from you (I have been following your TLs even before I officially became a BHPian) it means a lot.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 18:54   #18
BHPian

Here's a video of the drive to Kalatop resort.

Very scenic drive, if done during daylight. After dark this place/road becomes scary.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 15:15   #19
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Here’s a travelogue from Crusoe’s perspective.
Excellent travelogue, Biraj thanks to your Crusoe! In fact, when we returned from Leh in September 2011, I wanted to visit Dalhousie too from Srinagar, as I liked the location in the film The Blue Umbrella; but could not do so due to bad weather and bad roads. Anyway, it was only postponed. I am sure, we will drive to Dalhousie/McLeodganj in this year or the next.
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 20:07   #20
BHPian

Hey Biraj.. Really enjoyed the log from Crusoe's perspective! Should maybe try that when I get down to writing my first ever travelogue. But I would definitely need your copy right approval though..
Columbus_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 00:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Excellent travelogue, Biraj thanks to your Crusoe! In fact, when we returned from Leh in September 2011, I wanted to visit Dalhousie too from Srinagar, as I liked the location in the film The Blue Umbrella; but could not do so due to bad weather and bad roads. Anyway, it was only postponed. I am sure, we will drive to Dalhousie/McLeodganj in this year or the next.
Thank you Ravi Sir! Khajjiar is a beautiful place and don't miss out on Norling at Dharmashala. I am sure you will like it. Whenever you visit that place, feel free to PM me. I have been there twice in past one year so, might be able to share some info. Though I am sure you wouldn't need much info as your trips are usually very well planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Hey Biraj.. Really enjoyed the log from Crusoe's perspective! Should maybe try that when I get down to writing my first ever travelogue. But I would definitely need your copy right approval though..
Thank you Columbus_500. I am more of an OS follower than Apple, so go ahead and write your own version inspired by Crusoe's perspective. Feel free to contact me/Crusoe if you need any assistance. I wanted a TL that people will read rather than just browse pics and I am glad that there are some people that like reading TLs.
Old 6th March 2013, 09:03   #22
BHPian

Awesome TL by Crusoe.

Quote:
Biraj asked the waiters to give me a good bath. The guys tried hard but used some shampoo that girls use. I am a boy, I only like my Formula 1 wash and wax. Anyway, had to live with that rose petal smelling shampoo all day. In all fairness, they did make a good attempt.

The shampoo part is really funny.

I hope Biraj will let you to conquer the Sach Pass very soon and you will share the story with us.

Cheers!
jyotirupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 13:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirupam View Post
Awesome TL by Crusoe.

The shampoo part is really funny.

I hope Biraj will let you to conquer the Sach Pass very soon and you will share the story with us.

Cheers!
Crusoe says Thank you

Sach pass is definitely on cards however, after sprinting on Buddh International Circuit, Crusoe has allowed us to take his younger sibling (Neil - Oceanic Blue Punto MJD) to Sach Pass. Poor Neil has only done 2000 KMs in 6 months wherein Crusoe has done 17K in one year so, Neil deserves a shot at Sach Pass.
Old 7th March 2013, 09:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

Nice one there. Reminds of the circuit which I had done more than 5 years back. But to the two I had also added Manali. I wondered then and I wonder now, cant the authorities do something about that patch in the center at Khajjiar? That part sticks out.

It might be the lowest point, at that place, some thing should be possible. It was the same then and its same now !

But Mc-Leodganj takes the cake for most serene place, esp; if wants a quiet holoday. Best part is; go to Naddi (near the ISPS school) and sit in the wilderness with hot "chai" in hand! That's the best part of the holiday.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 14:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It might be the lowest point, at that place, some thing should be possible. It was the same then and its same now !

But Mc-Leodganj takes the cake for most serene place, esp; if wants a quiet holoday. Best part is; go to Naddi (near the ISPS school) and sit in the wilderness with hot "chai" in hand! That's the best part of the holiday.
Thanks Ampere, if only authorities were determined to keep it clean and tourists were more sensitive about maintaining the beauty of that place, Khajjiar would have been a divine experience. Some work was being done at the center patch but don't know how effective it would have been. People (tourists and hawkers) litter at will.

Mcleodganj is my favorite destination in Himachal. It offers great places to visit and even great food. The chai + Naddi experience is difficult to explain in words. I plan to trek to Triund during my next visit.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:49   #26
BHPian

Wow, beautiful pictures and an awesome log Biraj. Completely missed this thread, else would have considered visiting Mcleodganj too, when we were there in Aug. Thanks for sharing. Crusoe seemed to have gelled well up in those terrains

The only difference when you visited is, the crowd is a lot more.

Quote:
I wondered then and I wonder now, cant the authorities do something about that patch in the center at Khajjiar?
Quote:
If only authorities were determined to keep it clean and tourists were more sensitive about maintaining the beauty of that place, Khajjiar would have been a divine experience..
Well, I thought the patch in the middle (pond?) added beauty to this place. Din't really feel it was out of place. The place was a lot more peaceful and cleaner, when we visited. I believe it is the tourists who need to take responsibility and keep the place clean, rather than the authorities. I guess every beautiful place goes through a phase where tourists pollute and authorities are put in a fix.

Couple of pics for reference :

Crusoe climbs new heights – Kalatop, Khajjiar, Mcleodganj and Dharmshala in 4 days-4.jpg

Crusoe climbs new heights – Kalatop, Khajjiar, Mcleodganj and Dharmshala in 4 days-6.jpg
aviorp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 16:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post

Well, I thought the patch in the middle (pond?) added beauty to this place. Din't really feel it was out of place. The place was a lot more peaceful and cleaner, when we visited. I believe it is the tourists who need to take responsibility and keep the place clean, rather than the authorities. I guess every beautiful place goes through a phase where tourists pollute and authorities are put in a fix.
Thanks Avinash, lovely pics. You went at a better time than me. I went there during a long weekend thus, there was more crowd and litter. The pond certainly will look beautiful if the water is clean. I went during monsoon and it was filthy (to say the least). It was being cleaned but the amount filth was way too much for the number of people that were assigned to the task. I agree the onus is on tourists to behave in a civilised and considerate manner. Still, the authorities can be more efficient in enforcing anti-littering rules.

About Crusoe - I was surprised with its abilities on such roads. I always knew that Linea has great handling and is a delight to drive on ghat sections. However, the ride quality on some really bad surface was much better than my expectation. The road from Kalatop to Khajjiar was in a very bad condition (due to monsoon) at that time, I could still maintain a decent speed and even the stuff kept on back seat didn't get tossed around.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Wow, beautiful pictures and an awesome log Biraj. Completely missed this thread, else would have considered visiting Mcleodganj too, when we were there in Aug. Thanks for sharing. Crusoe seemed to have gelled well up in those terrains
Very true. Long shots are very nice. But when you are closer to the place, then only it hits. When I went there, even I took long shots and was admiring it, till I inched closer !

Biraj, Did you also visit Jwalaji and the fort? A snap from my side of the church. Sadly the top part was covered by tree leaves.

Crusoe climbs new heights – Kalatop, Khajjiar, Mcleodganj and Dharmshala in 4 days-img_0263a3.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 7th March 2013 at 17:37.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 06:57   #29
BHPian

Hi,

Very well written and different TL from the rest of the pack. Good to read the experience from the Car's perspective. The pics of Khajjiar are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 14:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. Long shots are very nice. But when you are closer to the place, then only it hits. When I went there, even I took long shots and was admiring it, till I inched closer !

Biraj, Did you also visit Jwalaji and the fort? A snap from my side of the church. Sadly the top part was covered by tree leaves.

Attachment 1059296
B&W captures the eeriness of the Church even better. There was a local festival at Jwalaji so it was extremely crowded. All the cyclists I notice on road were heading there. I will go to Jwalaji next time when I go there with my mom and dad.

Are you talking about the Kangra fort? Haven't seen it yet. Is it good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks