Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 19:59   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

Dam
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0409.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0410.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0411.jpg

Jugaad
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0413.jpg

We stopped for Diesel
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0416.jpg

A crowd - can't believe that truck carried so many people
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0418.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 20:06   #512
Senior - BHPian

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

We decided to give a water service to Scorpio
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0102.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0103.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0104.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0105.jpg

A gleaming Scorpio
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0106.jpg

No. 3

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0451.jpg

We had the pleasure of seeing none other than James Bond Himself

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0452.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 20:14   #513
Senior - BHPian

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

Punjab Tourism Sign boards

Name:  DSC_0456.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  210.6 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0457.jpg

Glassy Glassy - what a name

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0464.jpg

Coca cola sponsored hotel
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0465.jpg

We took the elevated road to the Temple parking lot

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0466.jpg

The elevated road
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0468.jpg

HVK ready to go to the temple
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0469.jpg

I could not believe my eyes - PIG 79, Camera too...
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0470.jpg

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 20:25   #514
Senior - BHPian

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

Golden Temple
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0473.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0480.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0485.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0486.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0492.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0494.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0495.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0496.jpg

We reached Golden Temple by 21:00 hours. On entering the temple I could feel an enormous peace which words cannot describe. Sitting by the temple tank looking at the temple by itself is an enormous feeling. Lot of visitors were in the temple, even then you could get your own space unlike in many other religious locations.

We went to the sanctum and listened to the recital for some time. We also had food from there.

What an atmosphere! I am sure to be going back soon.

The voluntary contribution in kind by the volunteers touched me. Looking at the volunteers who clean up the premises and wash the dishes of the people left a deep lasting impression in my mind.

Thank you HVK for keeping the promise and taking me there. Thank you.

We were at the temple for almost 3 hours. We started our onward journey from the temple by 23:45 hours

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 20:28   #515
Senior - BHPian

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

Jalian wala Bagh was just around the corner

Name:  DSC_0503.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  523.5 KB

The Entrance was closed
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0497.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0498.jpg

HVK patiently waiting while I check the place
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0500.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0501.jpg
continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 20:38   #516
Senior - BHPian

Day 6
28 - July - 2012

We went towards the Parking Lot
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0504.jpg

I could see quite a lot of interesting vehicles in the parking lot

PIG 79

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0505.jpg

BMW Scorpio
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0507.jpg

Vice President - *** Sports club
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0508.jpg

Little after midnight we started our drive towards Delhi.

I was too tired from the last days drive, and the tremendous relaxed feeling I got from the temple forced me in to a deep sleep. Sorry HVK I could not be awake while you drove and engage you with some conversations. I was just too tired to be awake...

All I could feel was the comfortable drive in the Scorpio. HVK drove so as not to disturb us from our sleeps. I noticed in half sleep that HVK stopped for a power nap and got recharged and drove on through the night. How much ever we thank this wonderful legend is just not enough. But still, Thank You Sir

continued...

Last edited by laluks : 17th September 2012 at 20:42.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 21:15   #517
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

We reached Sonepat by morning and went directly to the Ethnic India resort. Romin continued on towards Delhi from there. I tried to check if my sis is back in Delhi. They were on a European tour and was to arrive the previous night. No one answered my calls, probably they were too tired with the international flight and were sleeping off.

We took a room and caught up with some sleep till noon. By then I got a call from my sis that they were indeed back in Delhi.

So by noon we decided to drive back to Delhi.

Some Snaps of Ethnic India Resort
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0115.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0119.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0118.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0125.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0124.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0109.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0111.jpg

Name:  Photo0113.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  407.8 KB

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:23   #518
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

We were ready to roll by 12:00PM
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0126.jpg

We were thanked for our visit

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0114.jpg

We decided to take a drive around Sonepat
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0116.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0117.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0129.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0136.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0145.jpg

Jindal Global University
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0146.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0133.jpg

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:29   #519
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

For a change we decided to visit a mall, this one had a revolving restaurant too.
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0138.jpg

The mall was empty
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0141.jpg

Nice roof!
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0142.jpg

We decided to have some burgers!!

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0139.jpg

HVK figuring out which burger
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0140.jpg

By 14:00 hours we were done with our Mac D burgers and we move on to Delhi

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:34   #520
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

We were welcomed to Delhi
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0511.jpg

Name:  DSC_0513.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  346.3 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0510.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0514.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0515.jpg

I love the roads in Delhi, they are so wiiiideeeee

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0517.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0520.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0522.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0528.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0530.jpg

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:39   #521
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

Super roads
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0531.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0534.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0535.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0536.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0539.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0542.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0543.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0544.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0548.jpg

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:45   #522
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

We drove on
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0551.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0552.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0553.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0554.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0556.jpg

Name:  DSC_0557.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  358.4 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0559.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0560.jpg

By 15:00 hours we were near Nehru Place
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0561.jpg

My sis was waiting for me at the Purana Mandir near Nehru Place. After introducing HVK to my sis and her husband, I bid bye to HVK for this trip. HVK continued his onward drive to Noida where he will meet his friends and take a break for the day.

I went with my sis to her place, and I also had a flight to catch to get back to Bangalore by the night.

continued...
Old 17th September 2012, 21:53   #523
Senior - BHPian

Day 7
29 - July - 2012

We all had a nice time together. My sis kid was very happy to see me and we had some cartoon seeing sessions together.

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0566.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0567.jpg

I also had a wonderful early dinner and we caught up on the stories of her European trip.

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0569.jpg

After dinner we drove to the airport just in time to catch my return flight to Bangalore.

Reached Bangalore and took the Volvo bus service back to my place. Reached home by midnight. Send a message to HVK and Romin about my safe arrival and hit the bed for a good nights sleep.

Thanks HVK for everything. The drive was simply the best I've had.

Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Romin for being wonderful travel companions. It was nice listening to all the discussions that we had in our drive.

Finally a great thanks to Agent Vinod. You and madam Safari rock

What a journey it had been.

For HVK the journey was still not over, he still had plans for the next two days.....

And for me the next weekend was a drive to Dudh Sagar
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html

and the week after that at Ooty
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...fted-ooty.html

Last edited by laluks : 17th September 2012 at 22:02.
Old 18th September 2012, 19:41   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Even as we write & read this TL, the breaking news is that Avicorp, inspired by this TL, drove his Scorpio from Bangalore to Bairavgad, started yesterday morning from there, crossed Sach Pass & Khillar & halted for the night at "cliff hanger" Tyari (same tea shop where we had our lunch), on his way to Kishtwar, Srinagar & Leh. There is a huge boulder fallen on the road ahead of Tyari and he expects it to be blasted and cleared before noon today so that he can forge ahead. His conditions were more hostile than ours, since it has been raining in the region & the climb up from Chamba side can be slushier & more difficult too. Yes, he is on a 2WD Scorpio too - you may remember his Ladakh trip last year when he got stuck in the snow in Wari la - and he is accompanied by a friend
Firstly, Can't thank you enough for all the invaluable inputs and road updates you shared, Chief. You're the best.

Your IPHE thread was when I first read about Sach Pass. The plan was on since then. This one is a mind-blowing travelogue.

Lalu sir, you're a brilliant photographer. Its not just because of the pictures. Its the effort that goes into clicking some of the pics. I know how it feels to get down from the car, run across some water crossing, get muddy and watery.. oh its painful. Kudos to your energy and those extraordinary pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Does that mean he had to literally camp out there in his scorp on road waiting for clearing?
The landslide was a couple of kms from the Tiyari Tea Shop. Its actually a provisional store and had a couple of rooms. So, we found ourselves a room to spend that night and monitored the blasting progress every 2 or 3 hours once.

Quote:
How does one know when the help will arrive in this case? How does the news of this blockade go up to the concerned authorities? Are there constant patrols on the way?
Good question. We asked the same thing to the owner of the shop. This landslide had happened one day before and the localites informed the road surveyor. Most of the time, the localites have the revelant contact details and inform the guy incharge (surveyor) and he in turn gets in touch with the bull-dozer guy, who gets to the spot.

A couple of pics from that stretch,

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0795.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_0690.jpg
aviorp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 18:18   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
[b]Day 6
28 - July - 2012

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-photo0093.jpg
Attachment 985851

continued...
Maruti 800 propped up on its side & waiting for its mechanic, looked like an ultimate case of Jugad. Quite similar like a auto-rickshaw is changing its tyre.
shomshree is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks