Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2012, 08:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts

Awesome write up!! Glued to this thread now.

HVK sir and team: Would this route be doable in a Palio?
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 09:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Awesome write up!! Glued to this thread now.

HVK sir and team: Would this route be doable in a Palio?
As I keep saying, 75% is driver capabilities, balance the vehicle's.
Kishtwar-Khillar is fine for all cars.
But as you will see from the TL as it goes on, the Khillar-Chamba "road" has lots of bad sections where utmost care has to be taken. As you probably read in our last year's Ladakh TL, the Swifts did the sector admirably, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...radesh-47.html
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 09:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
What was the detailed route from Kishtwar & timings in each sector?

--------------------------- --------------------------- ---------------------------
But the worst sections are just ahead....will the food churn in our stomachs?
Fantastic. Waiting for the exciting part after Gulabgarh, Tyari. Bring it on...

Kumar sir, Will you be uploading a map/ route/ GPS Logs of the this stretch later, once the TL is complete. I cant seem to locate some of the places on the map, like Tyari's not there...

Anyways whenever I would be starting my drive for this section for future, I know to who I can turn to.

Also sir, do you think that I can do it on my TLC. I do not doubt the physical capability of the vehicle, but WIDTH wise. The roads in some of the videos I saw were very narrow.

Last edited by harjeev : 15th August 2012 at 09:51.
Old 15th August 2012, 09:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Fantastic. Waiting for the exciting part after Gulabgarh, Tyari. Bring it on...
Yes, the dangerous cliff hanger, glacier & water crossings sections coming up next......

Quote:
Kumar sir, Will you be uploading a map/ route/ GPS Logs of the this stretch later, once the TL is complete. I cant seem to locate some of the places on the map, like Tyari's not there...
Yes, we have GPS tracks & car cam videos also of all sections.

Quote:
Anyways whenever I would be starting my drive for this section for future, I know to who I can turn to.
Log book also coming!

Quote:
Also sir, do you think that I can do it on my TLC. I do not doubt the physical capability of the vehicle, but WIDTH wise. The roads in some of the videos I saw were very narrow.
Narrow, but doable in the widest of cars. Don't worry, your TLC also can do it
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 10:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

Just one suggestion in this epic - you should call them ThanksLog, not Triplogs, going by the avalanches of Thanks that we all are compelled to click, on seeing the beautiful pics and the lovely narration
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 10:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just one suggestion in this epic - you should call them ThanksLog, not Triplogs, going by the avalanches of Thanks that we all are compelled to click, on seeing the beautiful pics and the lovely narration

Keep clicking
More of my clicks coming your way for your enjoyment and clicks
Old 15th August 2012, 11:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

The scariest sections were awaiting us
Name:  DSC_7746.jpg
Views: 4087
Size:  429.4 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7747.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7748.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7749edit.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7761.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7763.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7771.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7772.jpg

To Be or Not To Be, That is the Question
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7773edit.jpg

Somewhere I was told this is so called jeep-able width roads. Anyways we certify them to be Scorpioable and Safariable roads

continued...
laluks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 12:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

We drove on
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7794.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7795.jpg
Somewhere in this road, Agent Vinod and Madam Safari were just about to meet their Creator . But Agent Vinod's presence of mind and availability of support by way of friends in another car just behind helped us through. Even today my spine chills as I write these words.

The roads are muddy - in rain this could be dangerously slushy
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7800.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7801.jpg

Streams across the road - Could be very dangerous
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7804.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7805.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7806.jpg

There are a few waterfalls also falling on to the road
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7799.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 12:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

We reached a vantage point
and relaxed for a few moments. Agent Vinod needed all the fresh air for some time. A few locals who were standing there were watching the ordeal we had been through from a distance.
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7819.jpg

The roads we traveled through
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7807.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7808edit.jpg

Name:  DSC_7822Edit.jpg
Views: 3623
Size:  326.0 KB

I found this guy interesting!
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7838.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7839.jpg

After a few moments of rest, we moved on

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7841.jpg

continued...
Old 15th August 2012, 12:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

Madam Safari kicked up a lot of dust
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7842.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7844.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7845.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7846.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7849.jpg

Woods are Lovely Dark and Deep, But we have miles to go
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7851.jpg

Pine fruit?
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7853.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 12:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

We were nearing a bridge
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7857.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7858.jpg

We were welcomed to Pangi Valley

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7859.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7860.jpg

The road continued...
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7862.jpg

We reached Sansari check post
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7861.jpg

We have to give all traveler details
, and then we will be videographed with the vehicle.
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7864.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7865.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7866.jpg

The check post official was chatting away with HVK about his posting in Mumbai for a long time. Finally HVK managed to wriggle out and we continued our drive.

continued...
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:02   #102
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

The roads continued.
The nice road going up is to some village, and the road to Khillar is to the right.
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7870.jpg

We were in Pangi Forest Division in Khillar Forest Range
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7872.jpg

The road to Khillar
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7873.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7874.jpg

Ah! The familiar road to Sach pass
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7875.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7876.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7888.jpg

We took a right to Sach pass a few Kilometers before Khillar.

Khillar Town at a distance

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7892.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:10   #103
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

Our familiar bridge
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7903edit.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7915edit.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7921.jpg

New Bridge details
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7895.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7896.jpg

The Old Bridge
Name:  DSC_7925.jpg
Views: 3303
Size:  559.1 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7927.jpg

Warning for the Old Bridge
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7924.jpg

continued...
Old 15th August 2012, 13:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Day 1
23 - July - 2012

We ordered Lemon Soda and ended up ordering quite a few items
Attachment 967490

Look at that Vehicle
Attachment 967494
Sirji, why did you guys not order Parantha or Minral Water ?

Is the guy in front of the vehicle, worshipping with his hands above his head? Such a petrol head? Love his attitude!

Menacing presence of the MPV there. I never knew Army bought these, thought they were still on trial.
Old 15th August 2012, 13:20   #105
Senior - BHPian

Day 2
24 - July - 2012

The river
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7928.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7929.jpg

We crossed the bridge
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7930.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7931.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7933.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7936.jpg

We moved on towards Sach Pass
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7932.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_7939.jpg

It was 15:00 hours already. Last time during IPHE drive also we reached here by 15:00 hours. But then that has raised a lot of questions in our minds. Me and HVK had a small chat on the same, and come what may we go ahead!!

Wait for the exhilarating Sach Pass drive.

continued...

Last edited by laluks : 15th August 2012 at 13:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks