Team-BHP - Safari 2.2 VTT-TMT -4500 km self-drive Central Arunachal exploratory expedition, 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Safari 2.2 VTT-TMT -4500 km self-drive Central Arunachal exploratory expedition, 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/124703-safari-2-2-vtt-tmt-4500-km-self-drive-central-arunachal-exploratory-expedition-2012-a-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 2890833)
With controlled acceleration and intuition one does get quite a bit out of a 2wd. But, but and but if you can afford, always go for a 4wd. There is no heroism or "saw that" feeling doing all the antics with a 2wd. I am just pushing my luck with every trip - sooner or later would get stuck.

Plus a real snow trip like what Tanveer does is not of the question, a 4wd may come into play once in a while but when it does one is glad to have it - and not bump around or slide around precariously.

So all said and done, without a 4wd, I do feel that I have not ventured enough still.

Totally agree Dada, but, given my limited budget, 4X2 is all I can try and get at this moment.

However, the point remains that, to generally go places, even the off beat ones, a 4X2 will generally suffice with a little bit of experience and deft handling.

Brilliant travelogue ADC, and thanks to you that I'm adding Mechuka as one of next destinations when I visit Assam and NE next. I hope the roads will be open even during Winter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Roadie (Post 2891109)
The only thing that's bothering me is the room availability at the circuit houses. Do you think we can camp at the circuit house and use their facilities in case their rooms are full?

Wish you the very best for further adventures.
Regards, Drive Safe.

Thanks much! Yes that's what we had decided if we could not have got a room. Stay out in the circuit house premises and definitely they will allow to use their premises.

Also if circuit house is not available, may be PWD may be availabe at the bigger villages. For example, lets say if we had not got the circuit house at Daporijo, would have gone to the adjoining village at Dumporijo where there is a PWD house. Of course at more remote Koloriang there is only the circuit house and at Nacho like places there is a PWD that remains empty as few people go there. Tuting is another place with only PWD and as we come to know now getting a room over there we were very lucky. So if not may be we would have headed to the monastery and tried out the guest house.

So don't worry things do fall in place any how someway!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel385 (Post 2891193)
Totally agree Dada, but, given my limited budget, 4X2 is all I can try and get at this moment.

Then when thats settled, 2wd should never be an excuse of not going that distance or trying! Do hope you have a good travel in the coming years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2891393)
Brilliant travelogue ADC, and thanks to you that I'm adding Mechuka as one of next destinations when I visit Assam and NE next. I hope the roads will be open even during Winter?

Yes, they remain open all through the year as Yarlung, the forward post of LAC is located out there.. In fact with some snow it would be beautiful. Definitely do this trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 2891965)
Yes, they remain open all through the year as Yarlung, the forward post of LAC is located out there.. In fact with some snow it would be beautiful. Definitely do this trip.

Thanks man. Yup, if everything goes as planned then I should be doing few trips to Arunachal this year. Tawang might be difficult I guess as there would be snow during winter. Also have thoughts about going to Kibithu. AFAIK that road remains open. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Regards,