Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2012, 00:46   #1

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!

Hi Team,

Its been a long time since I posted a travelogue here. Relocation to Bangalore, new job, and lot of other things made me stay out of posting here. But, from now on, it will be the regular update on all my travels across with my ride - YAMAHA R15 v2.

Well, I feel that photography is on bug which can easily bite you when you are bitten by a travel bug. So here is the details about my ride to Krishnagiri, during the last weekend.

We started off with no plan whatsoever, and I just happened to call my best buddy Sidharth, who stays at Banashankari. I left home at 7 30 in the morning from Indiranagar to pick him up. After meeting him, we had choice to either goto nandi hills or Mysore. But, out of nowhere I told him lets explore Krishnagiri and We head towards the place via Silkboard, Electronic city and Hosur.

Roads are absolutely marvelous! Here and there construction work is going on, apart from that, its just fabulous. The view of nature past Hosur gets better and better. The Hills start showing themselves once we reach a place called as shoolagiri, and we reached Krishnagiri by 11 am.

Well, we had our usual stops and changing of roles into rider and pillion through out the journey, to get the first hand experience of the nicely laid turmac.

The major attraction is KRP dam, which has park and a beautiful blue water body near it. I think, the pictures would rather speak for what I got to show you people.

We returned to Bangalore by evening 4 30, and had out stomach filled at McDonalds which is 6ms from Shoolagiri (towards Bangalore).

Important Info:

The best places to eat on this road is this junction 6Km from shoolagiri (towards bangalore). It has Cafe Coffee Day, Krishna Bhavan and McDonalds all at one place. There is a petrol bunk too in the same junction.

Here goes the pics:

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-001.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-002.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-003.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-004.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-005.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-006.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-007.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-008.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-009.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-010.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-011.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-012.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-013.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-014.jpg

Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!-015.jpg

Thanks and Regards

The Red Paladin
TheRedPaladin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 13:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Weekend Ride to Krishnagiri - Photologue!

Nice pics and looks like a rejuvenating trip. You may reconsider the placement of watermarks on the pics. Hope to see more pics...
Old 11th August 2012, 14:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice ride you had. You should also explore the interior roads which lead to Krishnagiri.
They are very nice.

Also if I may add, 7:30 is a bit late to start. The best time to enjoy this place is if you can make it to the place by 8/9AM. In between you can catch up on
sunrise on the way visit the place for an hour or two and then be back before the sun hits you. That's why I mentioned about taking interior roads for sheer
enjoyment. Bike makes even more fun!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 15:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice ride you had. You should also explore the interior roads which lead to Krishnagiri.
They are very nice.

Also if I may add, 7:30 is a bit late to start. The best time to enjoy this place is if you can make it to the place by 8/9AM. In between you can catch up on
sunrise on the way visit the place for an hour or two and then be back before the sun hits you. That's why I mentioned about taking interior roads for sheer
enjoyment. Bike makes even more fun!
Thanks for the suggestion. As I have told it was totally unplanned, we had no choice. But for the coming rides, I shall definitely keep your suggestion in mind. By the way, Bike makes any ride awesome.. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Nice pics and looks like a rejuvenating trip. You may reconsider the placement of watermarks on the pics. Hope to see more pics...
Hey bro, can you please elaborate so that I can improve on watermarking? I am very n00b at photography and editing.

It was a rejuvenating trip from a long week at work

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th August 2012 at 19:37. Reason: 2 smileys per post ONLY
Old 11th August 2012, 18:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
Hey bro, can you please elaborate so that I can improve on watermarking? I am very n00b at photography and editing.

It was a rejuvenating trip from a long week at work
I was trying to say that try to place the watermark in the bottom or corners since the centre of the photo is normally the main subject. Nothing wrong with the watermarking technique as such.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 15:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures, for a minute i was wondering its the same Krishnagiri that we always hit while leaving Bangalore and going towards Chennai or anywhere on that highway, because in my memories we cross that town in a jiffy and never noticed such beautiful serene surroundings.

Thanks for sharing, this thread will maybe make me stop by in the town for few hours on one of the next trips, and see the town in a little bit more detail than before.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 18:42   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. As I have told it was totally unplanned, we had no choice. But for the coming rides, I shall definitely keep your suggestion in mind. By the way, Bike makes any ride awesome.. :P
This is the route I was referring to !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...palli-dam.html
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks