Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 00:13   #31
BHPian

Re: How hard can it be? Bangalore to Ladakh in a Linea

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th September 2012 at 20:09. Reason: One liner
Indizen010 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2012, 00:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Amazing Rohit. What a story my friend, keep it coming. every time I read one of these really long drive Tlogs to Leh I wonder to myself if it can get any more extreme that this. And I guess you just tipped the scales a bit more travelling in a Linea and with sr citizen aunts as well and in addition to that seeing amazing places like Amritsar, Wagah and Vaishno devi on the way. Do mention a bit about your profession and how you have managed to take such a long break?
Thanks a lot. Being a Bangalorean we were forced to study computer science and become Software Engineers and I'm no different. Currently working for a French investment bank called Societe Generale in ITPL.

Quote:
Also i am assuming you are not married
Nope... Still 22 yrs old and no immediate plans to tie the knot
Old 8th September 2012, 00:32   #33
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue. Excellent description and photos.

I have been contemplating doing Chennai-Leh-Chennai in my Endeavour. Bangalore is just 5 hours away from Chennai and this thread could not have come at a better time.

I'm glued to your thread and enjoying reading every word keyed-in.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 07:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Your's is the second Linea in T-BHP to hit Leh after J.Ravi sir's. The difference is that your's is MJD and Ravi sir's is 1.4 Fire. I have also heard that Ex CEO of Fiat Mr. Rajeev Kapoor drove a T-Jet to Leh from Srinagar.

I hope I would also take my Linea to Leh in near term .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 08:40   #35
Team-BHP Support

Re: How hard can it be ? Bangalore to Ladakh in a Linea

Wonderful! You surely have a knack of photography. Expecting more detailed writing and photographs soon. Please mention all the details, especially money spend en route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Fortunately found a reliance pump towards the end of the expressway and filled for Rs 300 as the fuel was expensive there.
How many of them are working now? I don't remember seeing any Reliance pump in action for last few years.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 09:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue and pictures Rohit,
I agree, Bangalore<>Leh on Linea, that too with elderly folks needs some courage. Glad to read about your experiences and very good style of narration.
I'm planning almost same route till Kisahngarh+ (suggested by HVK sir) and the first two days would almost be same while I get to Vapi on first day and Kisahngarh on second. Do you have any other suggestions on a decent night stay at Kishangarh or other places around that point! That will be my second night after I start from Bangalore.
drive safe!
Old 8th September 2012, 09:48   #37
BHPian

An amazing travelogue and equally good photographs. I am hooked to this thread. Keep them coming.

It requires a lot of guts to undertake such strenuous journeys and hats off to those courageous Ladies in your family.
pugram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 10:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Wonderful! You surely have a knack of photography. Expecting more detailed writing and photographs soon. Please mention all the details, especially money spend en route.
How many of them are working now? I don't remember seeing any Reliance pump in action for last few years.
Thanks a lot Rudra!
I have maintained in an excel sheet which has all the expenses incurred during this trip and will be uploading it in the end.

Even I was surprised to find a working Reliance petrol pump. Most of the Reliance pumps along Karnataka and Maharashtra were closed, but in Gujarat I was able to easily spot 5 - 6 working pumps in and around Ahmadabad. The case with Reliance is very similar to Shell in Bangalore where petrol is sold at almost the same price as PSU' while diesel was 10 rupees more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wonderful travelogue and pictures Rohit,
I agree, Bangalore<>Leh on Linea, that too with elderly folks needs some courage. Glad to read about your experiences and very good style of narration.
I'm planning almost same route till Kisahngarh+ (suggested by HVK sir) and the first two days would almost be same while I get to Vapi on first day and Kisahngarh on second. Do you have any other suggestions on a decent night stay at Kishangarh or other places around that point! That will be my second night after I start from Bangalore.
drive safe!
Thanks for the compliments Ketan. We saw Kishangarh in the night and weren't impressed with the facilities there. I think a much better option would be to go to Ajmer where you can definitely find better facilities than Kishangarh. And wishing you all the very best for your travelogue. Is it a Linea by any chance ?
Old 8th September 2012, 11:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you Rohittunga for the courage to plan a solo trip from Bangalore to Leh on your Linea MJD. It really requires a lot of effort to plan such a long trip and more so with three elderly ladies alongside. I also salute the three elderly ladies for the extraordinary courage shown by them in embarking on such a long journey.

Really loved your narration style and the fabulous pics, specially the first picture. The way you started the thread was unique and loved the same.

BTW drawing lot of inspiration from your thread for I intend to do this trip someday on my Linea. Eagerly waiting for the climax to unfold.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Thanks for the compliments Ketan. We saw Kishangarh in the night and weren't impressed with the facilities there. I think a much better option would be to go to Ajmer where you can definitely find better facilities than Kishangarh. And wishing you all the very best for your travelogue. Is it a Linea by any chance ?
Its Mahindra XUV is what I'm going to drive, my destinations are Kedarnath/Badrinath/Gangotri/Yamunotri via Gurgoan. However, I travelled Bangalore<>Rajkot in my Palio twice in the past.
Waiting for more updates and pictures
Old 8th September 2012, 15:31   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, the first page is a TREAT to watch! Loved most of those pics. Wished the car was clean in the opening shot! I know it couldn't be!
Old 8th September 2012, 17:25   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

I have been contemplating doing Chennai-Leh-Chennai in my Endeavour. Bangalore is just 5 hours away from Chennai and this thread could not have come at a better time.

Wonderful trip with elders this gives me a lot of courage to go on a trip to Leh which i am dreaming so long hats off to you rudra

Hi, Mas I am also planning to do Leh-Chennai trip in my Duster can we club together if possible.

When do you plan to leave yourself? by the way i live near Ashok Nagar.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 8th September 2012 at 17:29.
Old 8th September 2012, 19:18   #43
BHPian

Hooked to this travelogue. I've always thought if a sedan has what it takes to tread the treacherous passes up north. The mud stained car in the first pic is the perfect teaser for waking up the sleeping "adventure" bug in all of us. Can hardly wait for the rest of journey to be inked.

I would have never thought of taking my parents on such long journey but your trip is making me rethink about it. You are just 22 and if you did this trip now, I can just imagine what you'll do in coming years.
Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 19:34   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

OT: We will most likely do a BLR-Leh-BLR in an Endy starting next weekend. Interested to join us?

This thread is very unlike the usual Leh threads which have J&K, HP and the NCR areas photographed. Rated thread 4 stars.
Old 8th September 2012, 20:11   #45
BHPian

Amazing pictures. The first one almost brought tears in my eyes! I felt so happy for you!!
And great write-up too.
Please do share the issues faced on your car being a saloon amongst MPVs and SUVs. I mean,could you just post a list of things to double check when taking a saloon to Leh terrains!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks