Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 12:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Civved : Lepakshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
We reached by the time the temple was closing and there didn't seem to be any guides around, so we hardly got to know what the pillars and sculptures were about.
A nice and crisp travelogue .
I never knew Lepakshi was such a beautiful place, your travelogue has inspired me to plan a trip to this place pretty soon.

I think the first "Who is this?" pic (before the 'Jr. Lukey points to the sky' pic) is Hanuman.

Are there enough places to visit/admire around Lepakshi to do a day trip - leave early in the morning, spend 3-4 hours at Lepakshi and return in the night or would it be an overkill for this place?

Or do you think leaving post lunch and reach back in time for dinner would suffice?
tckanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 12:33   #32
BHPian

Is it safe to click photos in a petrol bunk? I remember reading somewhere that the flash has got something to do with charged particles which could lead to sparks and flames in the presence of inflammable substances. I guess that's probably the reason they don't let u use cell phones in fuel stations.
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
This HP pump tries short filling tactics to you. They tried the tactic of filling me for 300Rs when I asked for a full tank and then adding Rs300 to the full tank cost. I smiled at them and said, guys try some other trick. This one is outdated!
Hey @laluks... can you pls elaborate on the above caption... sorry for being naive

what else do they normally try to fleece you... in cash or kind (fuel)?

Btw, nice TL... still reading it... thnx!
Old 5th November 2012, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
Hey @laluks... can you pls elaborate on the above caption...
The moment you tell them full tank, they will divert your attention - is payment by card or cash and do some irrelevant talk. By then the other guy will say it is filled. You will see 300 or 500 or whatever denomination on the meter and you'll be surprised since you asked for full tank. Then they will do the full tank and when it comes to billing, the full tank amount plus 300/500. That 300/500 is their trick - it just meter showing that..no fuel would have been dispensed for that value.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 22:39   #35
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to @laluks and @lukeskywalker for inspiring us to visit (impromptu!) Lepakshi which has been on our to do list for a very long time but always ended up having 'no time'
Finally it materialised just after Diwali.
On 14 Nov, we decided very late and started around 4pm taking the KR Puram-Budigere Cross-Mandur-Devanahalli-NH7 route. Fuelled at a BP petrol bump (it also had a Kamat restaurant, did not visit though) and we reached Lepakshi exactly at 6pm, visited the Monolithic Bull and were just in time, in fact the last visitors at the Veerabhadra temple.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks