Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 01:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Ferrari Weekend

Rishad, I must admit that I was bowled over by your mindblowing pictures. The Ferrari in those roads and mountains is just awesome. Thanks a ton for sharing it here. Some of your pictures will find its way into my desktop, now. Did you get a chance to check the FE?

Last edited by rameshnanda : 17th October 2012 at 01:09.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Rishad, I must admit that I was bowled over by your mindblowing pictures. The Ferrari in those roads and mountains is just awesome. Thanks a ton for sharing it here. Some of your pictures will find its way into my desktop, now. Did you get a chance to check the FE?
Thank you.
I checked it once, on the second day which was mountains throughout and it returned 4 kilometers to a litre.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:32   #18
BHPian

Videos

Here are some low res videos that were shot by Peter in the passenger seat using a Nikon D90 DSLR. The audio is mainly the sound of the wind.

Driving through fog on the first day to Buchen

Wrong way and U-Turn

The Zillertaler Highroad

Alpine Tunnel

Pull out and pass

Along the Walchensee

Last edited by Rishadm : 17th October 2012 at 07:44.
Rishadm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 07:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishadm View Post
This was for a week long work assignment in Spain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For those who don't know Rishad, he's a very Senior auto / travel writer, photographer & journalist.
Rishadm - are you the same Rishad Cooper who used to write for Autocar? Atually I opened the thread seeing your handle. Awesome pics and report. Thanks for sharing
Old 17th October 2012, 07:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Rishadm - are you the same Rishad Cooper who used to write for Autocar? Atually I opened the thread seeing your handle. Awesome pics and report. Thanks for sharing
Thank you.
No, not the same. I think Rishad Cooper still works at Autocar.
I'm Rishad Saam Mehta.
Rishadm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 08:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishadm View Post
Thank you.
No, not the same. I think Rishad Cooper still works at Autocar.
I'm Rishad Saam Mehta.

Yes now I remember - the traveller, whereas the other Rishad was a biker. I remember the article in Autocar when you left them. I think I still have a few of your travelogues cut and filed for reference

This has been a beautiful trip - Two beauties pulling at your heart at the same time - the locales and the Ferrari!!

As you said initially, this is not a quintessential Ferrari by looks - more of a Hollywoodified version, I feel!!
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 08:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Rishad, the professionalism in your writing and photography can really be seen in this travelgoue. But it has left us wanting for more!! The pics are really stunning, more please!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 08:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
As you said initially, this is not a quintessential Ferrari by looks - more of a Hollywoodified version, I feel!!
Yes, you're right. I was fortunate to recently drive the Ferrari FF and with its V12 engine that is an entirely different ballgame.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:26   #24
BHPian

^ Do write a travelogue about that too please
Old 17th October 2012, 13:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For those who don't know Rishad, he's a very Senior auto / travel writer, photographer & journalist.
Have read this same 'Elite Driving Experience' by him a couple of years back in The Hindu newspaper, but the details and pics here are more elaborate.
http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...icle804512.ece
Old 17th October 2012, 14:28   #26
BHPian

Superb pictures Rishad and an excellent write up as well.

Every car enthusiast dreams about driving a Ferrari and you surely lived your dream here... There's really nothing that quite compares to driving a Ferrari and that too in those fantastic landscapes.
Old 18th October 2012, 02:24   #27
BHPian

You're spot on about that. In fact I had once done a story called What is it about a Ferrari that makes men drool and women almost regard it as the 'other woman' and I had ended it like this...I’m afraid I won’t succeed in telling you what it is about a Ferrari – you simply have to drive one to know!

Last edited by Rishadm : 18th October 2012 at 02:25.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

It is just so good to have you on board Rishad. I believe few of us who were used to your column and the travelogue were left wanting, not anymore I guess

And this is the best I have seen, as they say wine matures with age. LOL. At one point I have to agree that e-media lets you play with so many options, you posted so many pictures (and I swear to God, all are wallpaper stuff) and we enjoyed our video too. The print media feels obsolete now.

Please keep sharing your work with us, on a regular basis if I may add. Thanks once again
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 13:31   #29
BHPian

Amazing pics Rishad! Thanks for sharing your experiences. This thread is all about California Ferrari, but can you share some details of hotels you stayed en-route?
Thanks again for sharing such a wonderful travelogue.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:20   #30
BHPian

You're welcome.

Since this was an all inclusive package by Elite Rent the hotels were included. Also included was a 24 hour concierge service. So when approaching a town or a village we could call the concierge and she'd suggest restaurants to eat in as well as make reservations for us.
The first night we stay at the Interalpen Hotel Tyrol which was absolutely fabulous. The views from each room were jaw dropping, the food was so good that you'd want to overeat so much that they would have to call a forklift to take you back to your room.
The breakfast spread went almost till the horizon with its variety of cheeses, breads, pastries, coldcuts, preserves, fruits, cereals and eggs.
The rooms were huge with Victorian furniture, the best of stationery and toiletries.

The second night, in Kitzbuhel, we stayed at the A-Rosa Resort which was very comfortable with immaculate service but somehow didn't exude the charm and warmth of the previous hotel.

In Munich, I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental right next to the city centre and once again it was simply fantastic. But, this was on my own and not as a part of the package.
Rishadm is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks