Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 22:15   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand

Thanks a lot guys for reading.

@BolBolero - Please post the route details and other relevant information along with your pictures if time permits.

@Jeep Captain - Please show us all those pictures you had taken

@KSM-Vtec - We are waiting for your adventure stories soon.

@ Other Team mates who have a TBHP id, please post your pictures and stories, we would love to see them

Thanks a lot
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 08:01   #62
BHPian

Laluks,

That is an awesome trip log. Short and sweet.

I'll soon add more details on our return journey from Joshimutt to Delhi soon with a few photos.
akaush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 08:37   #63
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2012 at 11:06.
avasekeh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th October 2012, 09:17   #64
BHPian

Wonderful TL Lalu!
I was very upset after our Trip when you said you may not be able to write a TL for whatever reasons we discussed.

But this one came as a sweet surprise!!

I will add with pics and the Trip of Kerala Bolero from Wayanad and back shortly. Since I am too busy with the OTR which we are doing in few days time.
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 10:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Wow what a log !!!!! You raise the bar so high each time you hit the road. Absolutely stunning vistas and even better pictures. Hats off to you
Its nice to see a Punto 90Hp taking part in this trip and would love to hear about his adventures. Anyways looking forward for more photos. Bring it on.
Thanks Rohit.
Punto was an amazing car, it had taken the abuse in its grace and I just loved the few driving moments I spend with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Your pictures reminded me of my trip there 12 years back in the month of June. ... The next day when we were coming down, it was a treat for the eyes, it was clear sky and excellent vistas all around.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Excellent pictures from your end as usual. Very nice !
That's quite an experience. As years have progressed the ease with which you can do these treks also has increased. Now a days chopper service is really bringing a lot of yathris there fast. This also has led to some demanding Sadhus -who keeps on saying you can come by helicopter but cannot give more money to them. This was a deterrent at Kedarnath only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post
Laluks,

That is an awesome trip log. Short and sweet.

I'll soon add more details on our return journey from Joshimutt to Delhi soon with a few photos.
Thanks akaush. Will wait for the pictures and story from your end, especially the Dev Prayag pictures.

@ avasekeh : The only person I missed in this trip was you. I kept on thinking quite often how much you would have wanted to be in this drive. But all the decision happened in 7 days for me - which I felt was too less a notice for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Wonderful TL Lalu!
I was very upset after our Trip when you said you may not be able to write a TL for whatever reasons we discussed.

But this one came as a sweet surprise!!

I will add with pics and the Trip of Kerala Bolero from Wayanad and back shortly. Since I am too busy with the OTR which we are doing in few days time.
Yes, I was not so sure about the time I could dedicate to publish this TL. But making it short and having less pictures in hand helped

Will wait for your part of the story.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2012 at 11:06. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 25th October 2012, 12:52   #66
BHPian

One more added to the list . As usual beautiful pictures and crisp details of places which are also on my to-visit list. Looks like in absence of slides and weather conditions permitting most of the route is doable in a hatch/sedan. I am still working on cracking the mystery of infinite leaves that Lalu sahab gets at his office though the mystery at home is summarily cracked now .
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 14:53   #67
BHPian

nice set of pics

disappointed to hear about lucknow experience. There are many more better places to stay and you were practically near the some of the best eating spots of lucknow. If only someone would have pointed.

Tunday is one of the most overrated places in lucknow too. You can easily find better kebabs.

Query : Why you didnt you people take guptkashi - chopta - chamoli road while going to badrinath from kedarnath. Its one of the most beautiful roads of UK and goes through dense jungle with beautiful views. That would have easily saved you people 3-4 hrs
deeps79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 18:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
One more added to the list . As usual beautiful pictures and crisp details of places which are also on my to-visit list. Looks like in absence of slides and weather conditions permitting most of the route is doable in a hatch/sedan. I am still working on cracking the mystery of infinite leaves that Lalu sahab gets at his office though the mystery at home is summarily cracked now .
Hatches and Sedans can do the circuit if it is not raining.
I wont tell you the secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post

Query : Why you didnt you people take guptkashi - chopta - chamoli road while going to badrinath from kedarnath. Its one of the most beautiful roads of UK and goes through dense jungle with beautiful views. That would have easily saved you people 3-4 hrs
The Guptkashi Chopta Chamoli route is washed away, and by the looks of it will need another 2 years to rebuild. BolBolero can add more details.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 20:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
nice set of pics

We would have loved to go to Badrinath via the Ukhimath - Chopta - Chamoli road, but that road was washed away in the cloudbursts of July and August this year.

Some pictures of the devastation caused, clicked from the opposite side @ Kund.

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-37764_10151234790405325_1191809843_n.jpg

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-522878_10151234789930325_976385908_n.jpg

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-527410_10151234789535325_1708076119_n.jpg
BolBolero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 22:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Day 11
1st October 2012

We had a full day to kill at Lucknow before we catch our flights by evening. We asked the hotel guys to keep our room till evening and we decided to check out the place.
Lucknow is a historical place, many places to visit. You all could have visited Bada Imambara, British Residency etc. They are nice historical places to spent some quality time.

Quote:
[b]Day 10
30th September 2012

I loved the calm street next to the lake
Attachment 1005221
Did you all visit the far end of the lake towards the temple. The view from that side is awesome. Couple of pictures taken by me in July 2006 from the far end.

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-dsc00088.jpg

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-dsc00089.jpg

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-dsc00093.jpg

It was monsoon time and within 5 minutes the whole lake used to get engulfed in the clouds and instantly it used to rain for 15 -20 mins and again it used to get cleared up instantly. Monsoons has its own beauty.

Hope you like them !
A.G.The Rambler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 23:00   #71
BHPian

Quote:

The Convoy[/u]

BolBolero's Bolero from Mumbai
Jeep Captains Bolero from Wayanad
JP's Indigo from Tamil Nadu
MS's Punto from Bangalore
CK's Indica from Mumbai
Mumbai Roadster AP's Swift from Mumbai
akaush's Ritz from Haryana
Truely superb !! Feels good to see guys like my kind (usually I see hard core travellers/ offroadies/big SUVs making these kind of trips) having made a really rough and tough,yet fascinating trip in sedans and hatches too !! Equally intersting to note the team included members of differnt parts of the country.it took me nearly an hour and some 100-200 MB to see this thread I could imagine the magnitude of effort and planning that should have gone into this excellent trip.Good that you guys dint encounter nature's brutal forces anywhere

And coming to the point , were the cars from the southern part driven all the way to Delhi ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2012 at 23:15. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the forum rules carefully before proceeding further, thanks
kums is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 00:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums
Good that you guys dint encounter nature's brutal forces anywhere

And coming to the point , were the cars from the southern part driven all the way to Delhi ?
Yes we were truly lucky not to have encountered any sort of bad weather all through the trip! The devastation that rains have caused to Uttarakhand this season is unimaginable!

And all the cars were driven from their respective places of origin! :-)
BolBolero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys for reading.

@BolBolero - Please post the route details and other relevant information along with your pictures if time permits.

@Jeep Captain - Please show us all those pictures you had taken

@KSM-Vtec - We are waiting for your adventure stories soon.

@ Other Team mates who have a TBHP id, please post your pictures and stories, we would love to see them

Thanks a lot
A superb TL and equally mighty teammates, which is the most important aspect for such a demanding trip.
This is definitely bookmarked by me for a future Char dham trip. It will be helpful if you can also pin drop the fueling stations on the route map.
Seeing a Vista on the TL, just brightened up my face.
Last but not the least, which DSLR were you using? The snaps are breathtaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Yes we were truly lucky not to have encountered any sort of bad weather all through the trip! The devastation that rains have caused to Uttarakhand this season is unimaginable!

And all the cars were driven from their respective places of origin! :-)
Luck favours the Brave
Arunshek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 23:27   #74
BHPian

@laluks,

As is the norm, a fantastic travelogue with excellent pictures.

Been a bit busy these past few days, but will be posting as soon as possible. I hope I can keep up with the high standard you have set with every T'log!
BolBolero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 05:49   #75
BHPian

A few photos from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-01.jpg  

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-03.jpg  

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-04.jpg  

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-05.jpg  

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-06.jpg  

Chota Char Dham - A Road Trip to Uttarakhand-07.jpg