Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 17:31   #31
BHPian

Amazing photography!!Enjoyed the snaps to the core.
Old 18th May 2010, 08:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

@ahwajid - just saw this now. Hope you went through the route suggested by Ampere. That's a far better road than going through the state highways.

@devdath - me , my wife and son just came back from munnar last week. We had a stop over at coimbatore. Route taken was Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Mecheri - Bhavani - Annur - Coimbatore - Day 1.
Day 2 was - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Udumalapetai - Chinnar - Marayur - Munnar. Weather was awesome. Never felt like the month of may at all.

Since we were going on a holiday after a long time, we decided to splurge a bit and stayed at a resort called " Blackberry Resorts". Rooms were nice, good service and the view from the resorts were fantastic.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

The other place is Sienna village. Though costly, but value for the money you spend. Very good views and rooms. Its close to Club Mahindra in Chinnakanal.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:19   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
@devdath - me , my wife and son just came back from munnar last week. We had a stop over at coimbatore. Route taken was Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Mecheri - Bhavani - Annur - Coimbatore - Day .
Nice to know that the weather was good, that gives me a lot of hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other place is Sienna village. Though costly, but value for the money you spend. Very good views and rooms. Its close to Club Mahindra in Chinnakanal.
Now its like this. We are 2 boys going there I hope you get the drag. No point in a luxurious bedroom and all that...Just good food, clean rooms and nice parking is what we are looking at...and our budget is around 1-1.5k per night for two people.

Any ideas about homestays there?
Old 18th May 2010, 15:41   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Now its like this. We are 2 boys going there I hope you get the drag. No point in a luxurious bedroom and all that...Just good food, clean rooms and nice parking is what we are looking at...and our budget is around 1-1.5k per night for two people.

I did not realize that. No ideas about home-stays. Check with the guys who wrote the TL on the drive from Munnar engineering college. They should definitely point you to something good!
Old 19th May 2010, 20:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

To my limited research that i did, homestays come a bit expensive at Munnar and its surrounding areas. I did notice plenty of hotels around the town, near the bus stand that should come within this budget. Infact, there were several people soliciting tourists for hotel rooms. No dearth of rooms there.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:59   #37
BHPian

@Ampere: Thanks for the route! was a great drive indeed. (Sorry for the late reply)
@jkrishnakj: Yes in the last moment, I decided to go through this route.

The weather just changed by the day we reached there. I would suggest Sienna Village too! The food anywhere else was very bad. But since we didnt get accommodation, we stayed at Fort Munnar but ate at Sienna Village. A friend suggested the following - "I was staying in JJcottage over there...nice family guest house next to ever green.. ". No other details on that. Must be in Munnar itself and not in Chennakanal. But I would recommend stay at Chennakanal as its away from the regular tourists and is very peaceful (unlike the Munnar town). The best thing about the place was the Highest Tea Factory/Plantation. Normal cars cannot drive and only a Jeep is allowed there. You get to cross over mountains to get to Tamilnadu, where the Factory is located. It gets foggy after 1200 so you need to go there before that time. Was a real delight for me!
Old 11th June 2010, 06:41   #38
Team-BHP Support

Great know that you had a good drive. Feels like going back again!
Have the rains started?
Old 16th September 2011, 15:20   #39
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Munnar Trip Log

Hi,

I went for a Bangalore Munnar Alleppey Kochi trip last week. Wrote a blog after coming back from such a memorable journey. Hope you like it :

http://amitrasudan.blog.com/2011/09/...ip-to-cherish/

Thanks,
Live to Drive
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks