Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2017, 21:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Roadtrip : Bangalore > Rameshwaram > Madurai > Bangalore - 4 Days, 1312 KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Destination map looks like Bangalore -> Madurai-> Rameshwaram-Dhanushkodi->Kanyakumari->Madurai->Bangalore. We would be doing this in the second week of June. Yes, early morning is the plan for the temple.
Hello,

At Rameshwaram Hotel Daiwik is good. Please check the same.

Last edited by ampere : 7th May 2017 at 22:57. Reason: Fixed typo.
skdking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 14:51   #17
BHPian

Nice thread and lovely pictures. I loved the caption on the girl

I am also riding solo to Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi from Bangalore. If any of you here can help me with a better route and stay, it would be of great help.
Checking on G-maps I found the below options:
  1. BLR>Madurai>Rameshwaram
  2. BLR>Tiruchirappalli>Rameshwaram

I have recently done Bangalore Madurai and know the roads are good (raining though), I am not sure how good roads are on option two mentioned above.

Any other tips about hotel or places to visit will be of great help.
Old 21st November 2019, 09:35   #18

HI Guys

Reviving this thread as planning a similar trip in December break to My hometown ( Parents currently stay at Alapuzha in Kerala ) so taking a different route from Bangalore

The PLan is

Day 1 - Sunday - Leave early morning Bangalore to Madurai ( Stay at Madurai ) - Please help with suggestions , any specific hotels, road conditions , eating places recommended etc - Planning to visit Madurai Meenakshi on Sunday evening .

Day 2 -Drive Madurai to Rameshwaram,( thinking is it worth detour to Tanjavur as its a smaller drive ?)
Reach Rameshwaram evening , visit Rameshwaram temple in the night ( again any help with suggestions , any specific hotels, road conditions , eating places recommended etc)

Day 3 - Visit Dhanushkodi early Morning and then drive to Kanyakumari , Stay in Kanyakumari overnight , Sunset Point , Vivekanda Rock ( Suggestions -Stay ? any other Visit points ?)

Day 4 - Drive from Kanyakumari to Alapuzha (thru Thiruvananthpuram - Visit Padmanabhaswamy temple enroute )
Day 4 eve reach my native ., spend a few days with parents
and then drive back to Bangalore - Tested route - Kochi -Coimbatore -Salem - Krishnagiri -Bangalore

thanks in advance for all the help . . will post a review post the travel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks