Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2013, 16:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Glimpses of Hyderabad - A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

Am visiting H'Bad for holidays in Dec 2013 from 26th to 30th.

Am keen to see Purani Haveli, Salar Jung Museum, Faluknuma Palace, Qutb Shahi Tomb, Charminar, Chowmuhalla Palace, Lake etc.

I will stay in South H'Bad.

Can I be suggested an day-wise itinerary please?

Many thanks in advance.
Hello Skdking,

Here are my suggestions

DAY 1 : Salarjung Museum (Open from 10 AM to 5 PM) , this would take the entire day as the museum is huge.

DAY 2 : Qutub Shahi tombs and Purana Haveli

DAY 3 : Falaknuma Palace (now taken over by Taj) , may be you can plan in the evening followed by dinner at this place

DAY 4 : Heritage Walk - This will cover both Charminar & Chowmahalla Palace along with Mecca Masjid , Laad Bazar and many other historical places.
The Heritage walk is organized only on Sundays and the below link has more information on the same.

http://www.aptdc.in/heritage_walks/walk-1.php.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 19:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello Skdking,

Here are my suggestions

DAY 1 : Salarjung Museum (Open from 10 AM to 5 PM) , this would take the entire day as the museum is huge.

DAY 2 : Qutub Shahi tombs and Purana Haveli

DAY 3 : Falaknuma Palace (now taken over by Taj) , may be you can plan in the evening followed by dinner at this place

DAY 4 : Heritage Walk - This will cover both Charminar & Chowmahalla Palace along with Mecca Masjid , Laad Bazar and many other historical places.
The Heritage walk is organized only on Sundays and the below link has more information on the same.

http://www.aptdc.in/heritage_walks/walk-1.php.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks a lot for the quick response..

Can I also fit in a visit to Golconda Fort? People have spoken highly about its Light and Sound show?

Is the lake, with its Buddha statue, any good?
Old 10th November 2013, 22:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Hello there,

Am visiting H'Bad for holidays in Dec 2013 from 26th to 30th.

Am keen to see Purani Haveli, Salar Jung Museum, Faluknuma Palace, Qutb Shahi Tomb, Charminar, Chowmuhalla Palace, Lake etc.

I will stay in South H'Bad.
Day 1: Chowmohalla, Purani Haveli, Charminar, with Shopping around laad bazaar. Have lunch at Shadab hotel for authentic Hyderabad biriyani.(Avoid Friday. Everything is Closed) . Salar Jung is also in the vicinity. But it's so huge that you may not be able to do justice on the same day.

Day 2: Ramoji film city.

Day 3: you can start post lunch. Qutb Shahi tombs. Golconda fort with light and sound show. Try to reach golconda around 4 so that you can see the entire fort (it's a heavy climb though) and then be at the base in time for the show.

Day 4: Snow world, Birla Mandir, boating in hussain sagar, laser show at lumbini park

You can choose the order according to your convenience. I have grouped the attractions based on the proximity.

Faluknuma is a star hotel by Taj. If you wish to splurge you can reserve a dinner which includes a tour of the palace. Pretty expensive though...

Enjoy your stay in Hyderabad..
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 11:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Day 1: Chowmohalla, Purani Haveli, Charminar, with Shopping around laad bazaar. Have lunch at Shadab hotel for authentic Hyderabad biriyani.(Avoid Friday. Everything is Closed) . Salar Jung is also in the vicinity. But it's so huge that you may not be able to do justice on the same day.

Day 2: Ramoji film city.

Day 3: you can start post lunch. Qutb Shahi tombs. Golconda fort with light and sound show. Try to reach golconda around 4 so that you can see the entire fort (it's a heavy climb though) and then be at the base in time for the show.

Day 4: Snow world, Birla Mandir, boating in hussain sagar, laser show at lumbini park

You can choose the order according to your convenience. I have grouped the attractions based on the proximity.

Faluknuma is a star hotel by Taj. If you wish to splurge you can reserve a dinner which includes a tour of the palace. Pretty expensive though...

Enjoy your stay in Hyderabad..
Hello there,

Greetings. Am reaching Hyd tomorrow morning and staying at Kanchanbagh.

Have some engagements before lunch. After lunch I plan Tombs and the fort.

I had planned Museum and Minar for Friday. Is the museum open on Fridays?

Else may have to visit Ramoji City that day though I wish to avoid it as I have only till Sunday afternoon before I head back home.

Suggestions on other options welcome please.

Last edited by skdking : 25th December 2013 at 11:18.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hello there,

I had planned Museum and Minar for Friday. Is the museum open on Fridays?
Nope Museum is closed on Friday. As you suggested try Film city on Friday and Sat / Sun for Museum. Since it is holiday season, it could be crowded on all days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks