Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 15:50   #31
BHPian

Re: South Indian Coast to Coast ride - 1975 kms, 7 days, 3 states

Naveen,

Great travelogue and nice pics too. Enjoyed reading it. Inspiring me to try and do a road trip someday. Maybe I will start with short ones before heading out on longer rides.

Thanks a ton.
Madhav
maddyoni10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 16:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You could have taken the risk. I had ridden Don (my Bullet Electra) all the way to that church and I too was a solo rider. The tractor pulling first gear of Don too helped me very significantly.

Of course, the moment I rode past the shanties on the road leading to that sand track, almost everyone began to tell me not to go any further.

Thank you for rekindling my memories of Dhanushkodi..!!
Yes, think it might have been possible on an RE. And the tires on the CBR are also kinda slick - no way I would have been able to manage there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Glad that you had noissues with your bike. One of the joys of a good quality vehicle
Totally agree. Couldn't imagine this ride on my Thunderbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
That's an interesting ride naveen - enjoyed reading the report; written nicely. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Hey Naveen, you almost got a diamond didnt you? Maybe in the end it resembles a rough diamond, but a diamond it is!!
Hahhaha, yeah a rough uncut diamond it is! Perhaps you can put up a nice ride report sometime
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 00:36   #33
BHPian

Your ride report is Immaculate! Kudos to you! and deviating from the Planned route, is but, part of a Road Trip! That's what makes it thrilling! Sticking to plans would make trips Oh-So drab!!!

Godspeed for future rides! And Yeah thanks, maybe I will put up a Ride report someday(Not as articulate as yours, but i'll try)
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 01:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Your ride report is Immaculate! Kudos to you! and deviating from the Planned route, is but, part of a Road Trip! That's what makes it thrilling! Sticking to plans would make trips Oh-So drab!!!

Godspeed for future rides! And Yeah thanks, maybe I will put up a Ride report someday(Not as articulate as yours, but i'll try)
Yup - too much planning is also boring

Good luck with your ride and writing it up.
Old 19th February 2014, 07:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Aaha...then it means, you've to do the coast trip again & here's why...

- You missed out the beautiful Sedhukarai enroute from Rameshwaram towards Keezhakari
- The ride from Keezhakarai towards Tiruchendur is super awesome, with peacocks flying from one side of the road to other
- Tiruchendur beach is one of the beautiful beach
- Colachel is one if the super awesome beach where you can walk over the rocks about 300-400 meters into the sea & have a good view of the land
- Manavalakurichi...yeah, I too missed
- Varkala beach is something not to be missed at all, especially Varkala cliff
- One of the most beautiful, awesome & scenic beach in South India will be Mararikulam (somehow I still prefer Maravanthe or Porbandar better than this)
- Azhikode is something totally mind blowing. From my little experience, I would say, places like Bekal (yea, you missed this one too) & Azhikode are something that are rare to find in the West coast of India
- Willingdon island is something that I'm still craving to ride though it's a small stretch
- I felt very nostalgic riding through Chamaravattom bridge; made me feel as if I'm on the sea
- Muzhapalingad drive-in beach is one of those super fantastic beach where you can actually ride through & I wasn't fortunate enough to ride through & enjoy completely
- Baby beach is something that sends shivers as there was no one around for miles & all you can hear is the roar of the sea
- Talking about Kanyakumari...did you miss Vattakottai? (Round fort) It reminds me of Bekal

Like I said, please do this trip one more time, try something like this & be proud about your achievement
South Indian Coast to Coast ride - 1975 kms, 7 days, 3 states-s1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 19th February 2014 at 07:23.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 19:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

BTW, rated 5* from my end for the clear pictures & ultra detailed write-up. This is the least I could do for you
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 19:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Aaha...then it means, you've to do the coast trip again & here's why...
Thanks aargee for checking out the RR. Yes, my original plan was to do the diamond like you've shown. However, I couldn't manage the leaves and did a very sedate ride. Didn't push myself for anything. I was ready to back out and ride back any time if I felt I wasn't enjoying it.

I am from Nagercoil so I did not give any importance to the beaches like Tiruchendur, Colachel, Manavalakurichi, Vatta kottai and Kanyakumari. But yes, I have missed a few others but there has to be something left for the next time right

Thanks for your inputs and who knows maybe one day I will get the time to complete the diamond!
Old 20th February 2014, 22:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
However, I couldn't manage the leaves and did a very sedate ride. Didn't push myself for anything.
No no, don't worry about your vacation, see, here's how I would recommend...

D1 - Bangalore - Chennai - Pondicherry - Cuddalore - Chidambaram - Sirkazhi
D2 - Sirkazhi - Nagapattinam - Point Calimere - Ramanadu - Mandapam - Rameshwaram
D3 - Rameshwaram - Danushkodi - Gulf of Mannar (take out your bike in the sand)
D4 - Rameshwaram - Sethukarai - Keezhakarai - Tiruchendur - Tuticorin - Kudamkulam - Kanyakumari - Vattakottai - Colachel - Trivandrum (in one day you can see the Sunrise in East coast & Sunset in West coast )
D5 - Trivandrum - Varkala - Alapuzha - Kochi - Edapally - Parvaoor - Kodungallur
D6 - Kodungallur - Guruvayur - Ponnani - Beypore - Calicut - Koyilandi - Mahe - Kannur - Azhikode - Payyanur - Kanhangad
D7 - Kanhangad - Kasargode - Mangalapuram & then straight home run

See all in 7 days - Simple

And if you don't intent to take out your bike in Gulf of Mannar, then, you will save a day, which means 6 days. Keep venturing, you can do more mile crunch than what you think you can & don't limit yourself. The bike will yield to whatever you push.

Last edited by aargee : 20th February 2014 at 22:49.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks