Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 09:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Trip To Shantiniketan & Deul from Ranchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Ah ha!
Two places i am attached to. Stayed for a year in Ranchi way back in 1990 as a kid studying in Bishop Westcott. Remember Firaylals, Express Shoppe and Dasham, Hundru falls.
Santiniketan happens to be my hometown and our house is very close to Hathi pukur. The best time for Santiniketan is Dol (holi) and then poush mela (22nd to 25th Dec) If you are looking for dirt cheap handicrafts - that's the time.
Hello Mik,

Yes, Holi is the best time to visit Santiniketan where you can witness the vividly colorful mela. So, those looking to take a trip to the place, the great time is coming shortly.
Good to know your 'Ranchi Connections'. Bishop Westcott is a very reputed residential school in Ranchi, just to let other readers know. BTW, Express Shoppe (an old departmental store) went out of business years ago!

Regards.
Old 16th February 2013, 21:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Road Trip To Shantiniketan & Deul from Ranchi

Thanks Saket for the link to Deul Resort.

Yes, we mellow with age. The "josh" of the 20's is now gone with age increasing (almost touching 40).

My father taught me once: "... try to cover others' mistakes ..." while driving, of course. You too sounded similar.

Those were the days of our petrol Amby & me driving without license (I was below 18) with my father alert on the pillion seat.

Regards,
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks