Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 14:42   #46
BHPian

Re: My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone

Crazy!! Mad !! Awesome!! all in a good way. I am planning a trip to Kol on my Beat for a long time now. I am sure , there will be many people like me, who would be inspired by your Lone Ranger story...Hats off to you man A well deserved 5 stars to this thread.
Old 11th March 2013, 14:44   #47
BHPian

Salute the car, driver and the spirit. Thanks for proving the the worth of Nano. Please share the story with Tata as well.
Old 11th March 2013, 14:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
I was going to ask the same question too. I am leaving for Puri in next two or three days and this time have decided to drive at night. Is the highway (NH-5) already a totally divided four lane road? Or are there diversions present, when only one side is kept open for traffic, while work is continuing on the other side?
Between Balasore and Kharagpur on NH60, 4 or 5 new diversions have come up mostly in the Odisha side near Jaleswar and as far as I remember there is a new one just before Kharagpur. NHAI has started I guess working on this as usual at snail's pace but thankfully the low amount of traffic on NH60 ensures that there is no major bottleneck. The diversions are marked pretty clearly. NH5 is being widened to 6 lanes near Bhubaneswar and Cuttack which causes some constriction at the areas where work is being done but both sides of the highways are open as far as I remember and there are no issues at all. The same goes for NH6 for the 6 lane widening work that is going on between Kharagpur and Dankuni. I think the work being done on NH6 is the fastest and yes because of the new Kolaghat bridge there is absolutely not bottleneck now anywhere on this stretch apart from Jaleswar.
Old 11th March 2013, 15:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Interesting and I should applause for this feat .
It was just yesterday me & my friends were planning to drive down to our hometown .....
So what did you do to get over your boredom? I am sure you had music but then how much can you listen. Also, what was the FE you got plus it was good that you were finding petrol bunks easily.
Thank you motomaverick, well as I have mentioned I got FE around 24 KMPL, for driving away the boredom I did something funny - I had my ipad mini with me and recorded lot of funny self videos talking to myself ha ha describing the speed, time, next stop, weather etc.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:18   #50
BHPian

Congratulations. Really inspired by your outstanding journey. I am from Mangalore and on 7th June 2013 I have to attend a function in Bhubaneshwar with family. I was searching for travel options since there is no direct mode of transport from Mangalore to Bhubaneshwar. And I saw your article....! I have travelled from Mangalore to Tirupati more than 15 times. So just thinking of taking the risk of driving to Bhubaneshwar, in my Maruti 800.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Congratulations. Really inspired by your outstanding journey. I am from Mangalore and on 7th June 2013 I have to attend a function in Bhubaneshwar with family. I was searching for travel options since there is no direct mode of transport from Mangalore to Bhubaneshwar. And I saw your article....! I have travelled from Mangalore to Tirupati more than 15 times. So just thinking of taking the risk of driving to Bhubaneshwar, in my Maruti 800.
Hi B.R.S.Rao, thanks! Yes its very much doable, I am not sure how old is your car, just do the basic necessity checks and if any service due get it done, you should be good to go. Have a relaxed composed drive, avoid going beyond 100 KMPH. If you maintain a steady speed you will be able to maintain a very good average. All the Best!

Last edited by MadTiger : 11th March 2013 at 16:44.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 17:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

OMG, i still can't believe that you even thought about driving on highways on a Nano , forget about going to kolkata .
I don't have words for you, RESPECT man .
After reading this my mindset about about Nano will surely change .

I recently did blore-bbsr in 1.5 days alone , so i know the roads are butter smooth and its a pleasure to drive , but still in a Nano, i still cant believe it.
I was thinking to drive to kolkata this time, but now im sure i will DRIVING home the next time .

Bager Baccha

Cheers
Old 12th March 2013, 12:00   #53
BHPian

You are surely an inspiration MT. I am already contemplating as to whether I should drive down the next time I plan to go to Kolkata from Bangalore.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:06   #54
BHPian

Awesome sir. It's truly inspiring
If anybody have questions on doing long trips in small cars (Those are not called as mile crunchers), this is the answer.
'Where there is a will there is a way'
Old 12th March 2013, 16:53   #55
BHPian

I had a talk with my Beast (Scorpio) about your feat and he has advised me to take a BOW to you and to your Nano from his side! Amazing and daring are smaller adjectives to this feat.

You've by now inspired me to completely forget about trains and flights, anywhere I go within India. Kudos!
Old 12th March 2013, 18:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
OMG, i still can't believe that you even thought about driving on highways on a Nano , forget about going to kolkata . I don't have words for you, RESPECT man .
After reading this my mindset about about Nano will surely change .
Bager Baccha
Cheers
Thank you Scoudhury, "dhonnobad!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
You are surely an inspiration MT. I am already contemplating as to whether I should drive down the next time I plan to go to Kolkata from Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Awesome sir. It's truly inspiring
If anybody have questions on doing long trips in small cars (Those are not called as mile crunchers), this is the answer.
'Where there is a will there is a way'
Thanks to both for appreciating my efforts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I had a talk with my Beast (Scorpio) about your feat and he has advised me to take a BOW to you and to your Nano from his side! Amazing and daring are smaller adjectives to this feat.

You've by now inspired me to completely forget about trains and flights, anywhere I go within India. Kudos!
nonstop-driver, I believe going by your sudo name, you too do similar feat! Thank you and a "wink" from my nano to your Scorpio
MadTiger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 20:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
nonstop-driver, I believe going by your sudo name, you too do similar feat!
That's why the BOW advise from my beast! I used to thought that for such journeys, the beast is a must. Well, almost until now.
Old 14th March 2013, 10:24   #58
BHPian

Thank you all for the overwhelming appreciation for my feat, here are few pics of my nano.
Attached Thumbnails
My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-nano_1st-year_tbhp.jpg  

My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-img_0676.jpg  

My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-img_0076_tbhp.jpg  

My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-img_0655.jpg  

My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-img_0674.jpg  

MadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 10:44   #59
BHPian

Wow Madtiger! That was one heck of a trip. Guess, many would find it hard to do a trip like this in even a BMW / Merc.

Trust me your travelogue single-handedly would have changed many a perception (including mine) about Nano.
Old 15th March 2013, 00:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on a sucessfull trip MadTiger.
Very happy to see Nano doing long hauls.

Mine is close to 15k now , with almost 75-80% highway usage
It is the high seating position which makes long journey's comfortable.
Inspite of having thin cushions , i have never had a sore back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks