Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 19:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Extreme Expedition - Bicycling Manali-TsoKar-Leh-Khardungla & Stok Kangri summit

Totally speechless! What many people (including me) dream to do by car or bike you have done it by a bicycle! It really take a lot of guts to cover such a terrain that too solo in a bicycle. Hats off to you. Plus your pictures need a special mention too as they are just mind blowing. Waiting for more to come.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 20:34   #17
BHPian

Re: Extreme Expedition - Bicycling Manali-TsoKar-Leh-Khardungla & Stok Kangri summit

ADC, I'm glued. I have always heard foreigners doing it on bicycles but not an Indian. From your log, I hope to get insights on what it requires to do such a journey on a bicycle.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 22:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Incredible does not come close to describing it.

How did you get on and off the bike?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 22:50   #19
BHPian

This is as extreme as it can get, and completing this trip is one heck of an achievement, both mentally and physically. I can picture you going uphill, muscles straining under pressure, and the weight of the luggage bearing heavy with each pedal. Labored breathing, and the mountain chill piercing through like a needle.

Cheers for turning your dreams into reality; and this is an example of the fact that if you put your mind to doing it, anything can be possible.

This is inspirational. Thanks for sharing - and I agree, writing is hard! Take your time!
Kamen_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 23:02   #20
BHPian

ADC,

Great journey you have undertaken. Hats off. Need lot of endurance to complete this and am amazed and happy to read you complete this trip all in one piece. Speechless actually.

All these while it was people travelling in cars, suv's, buses, bikes to Leh and Ladakh, but I think you have taken this a notch up by cycling it. Incredible stuff. Don’t have any words to express.

Thank you for sharing you experiences with us.

Rating 5*

Last edited by Indian Ranger : 12th April 2013 at 23:07. Reason: correct text
Indian Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 07:08   #21
Team-BHP Support

Looks like folks in BHP don't like automobiles anymore! One guy likes the Kayak, while the other the bicycle! Hats off to you guys! Truly inspirational. We have only read in TLs, about people seeing riders from other countries in cycles while driving to these places in cars and SUVs. But we now have one of our own !

Last edited by ampere : 13th April 2013 at 07:11.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 07:36   #22
DKG
Senior - BHPian

When I did this route with a convoy of 21 other cars with mechanical support and a doctor on board I felt this was a mind lowing adventure I was not going to ever forget. Enroute as we saw hundreds of cyclists, mostly Indian and several women too, I was dumbstruck at the sprit of these people to actually cycle the Himalayas. They had vans trailing with supplies. Then we came across a lone Korean walking the entire route alone and I was speechless. Some adventure !

And here you do this alone with no support !

Monumental journey and you are an amazing explorer. Truly amazing !
DKG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 20:46   #23
BHPian

Amazing!!! Congrats on doing it. Waiting for more! Interested to know about your training regime as well.
370Z is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 10:20   #24
BHPian

Since I started driving on the year 2000, I was dreaming of driving to Leh.
Could not make it still and now to see someone do the same route on a bicycle is like lightening striking me head on.
No words to describe. Hats off will be an understatement.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 13:43   #25
BHPian

Aah finally its up and flowing. Take your time ADC da, writing out this incredible adventure, I like to savor it slowly. You are a legend in its truest sense. I will not be surprised if you rigged up a home made rocket and took a trip to the moon. You have amazing guts .
samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 15:39   #26
BHPian

I doff my hat to you, sir.
Will be following this travelogue with great interest.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 17:13   #27
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I am totally hooked to this travelogue. Lovely write-up and great pictures. Now this is why I love team-bhp so much. Bicycling and camping at Tso Moriri would have been such an amazing experience. Thumbs Up to you. Respect.

Thank You adc sirji for this great travelogue. Hats Off !!

Rated it a truly well deserving 5-stars.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 17:25   #28
BHPian

Gotta say - This is amazing. You are one bravehearted fellow, dude. Can you please tell us about the price of the Trek 4500D (if I am not getting too personal)?
Keep wandering!
Cheers!
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 23:56   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Sir! You must be one helll of a spirited person to achieve this after a 20 odd years gap in cycling. I covered the four Southern states with a college friend way back in 1978 and I thought that was tops! What you have achieved re-awakens my spirit for adventure.
Best regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 09:39   #30
adc
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and it is definitely overwhelming.

Though have thought of covering a major portion by this weekend, have been in a state of flux as has been running around due to an unfortunate incident of one of my good friend.

Will be continuing soon again by tomorrow, hopefully.

Last edited by adc : 16th April 2013 at 09:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks