Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 10:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Extreme Expedition - Bicycling Manali-TsoKar-Leh-Khardungla & Stok Kangri summit

This is something truely amazing, what a way to do this ! solo, without support, on a bicycle. Mindblowing ! you have really set the bar high high up.
Waiting for more pictures.
pyrodrive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Extreme Expedition - Bicycling Manali-TsoKar-Leh-Khardungla & Stok Kangri summit

Anirban Da,
You are true wandered, it just reminds me line written on your safari (wanderer.in)

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 13:51   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Anirban da, Hats off to you! I am in double minds whether to do the Leh -circuit in car or not. And you have conquered it on a bicycle with a "truck-load" of luggage! Feeling ashamed now about myself! Such expeditions truly lift the human spirit to the whole next higher level. Awesome! Keep it coming!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:07   #34
BHPian

dude - how did you deal with acclimatization and stuff - are you used to such altitudes? Please let me know...
Your thread is inspirational in a way that it not just motivates people relaxing on their lazy boy recliners to clap but it ignites a fire which makes us challenge ourselves and push us to test such limits....."this thread is truly the purest form of freedom"
udiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

@adc - You continue to amaze with your journeys. If i thought your Leh and Arunachal TLs were awesome this one beats them simply for the grit and determination.

During my Leh trip while looking at the cyclists doing the Khardungla pass run would always wonder how much planning must have gone into this. And now i can read all about it from you.

Truly inspirational. Salute to you!!!
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 16:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic writeup! Rated five stars.

It's people like you who make travelogues so much more exciting!
It's almost like sitting on the front row seats of an IMAX theatre and watching one of those "based on a true story" pictures that keeps you pondering on how much minuscule of a life we live. Kudos and hats off to you for achieving such a great feat.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 16:06   #37
BHPian

:O I had a tough time doing a round trip from hyd-delhi-srinagar-leh-manali-delhi on a bike but was fun. Just when I thought it cant get any tougher, I came through this thread. Just one word, Super duper bumper shocking adrenaline filled trip I must say. Kudos to you sir!

You just put another thought in my mind. I was thinking of going to leh again this year. But now, change of plans. I'll do it on a bicycle. I was planning from a couple of weeks to go pick a trek too. Now I have a stronger reason to buy one.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 16:15   #38
BHPian

Dude,

Hats off, whether its the 4 wheels or the 2 wheels you truly are an inspiration. How and how long have you been physically preparing for this?
I was into cycling too sometime back and after doing Leh in 2004 on the Bull was dreaming to do it on my cycle. Its still in the pipeline with no idea as when it would become a reality.
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 11:19   #39
Team-BHP Support

RESPECT... Adc da thanks for sharing this experience at last!! When did you come back from Satkosia?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 17:58   #40
BHPian

Sir, your travelogues are truly inspirational, whether its on safari or now on two wheelz.
i'am sure this log would also contain some amazing pictures as is the case with all your logs. Hats off to you.
dave7377 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 20:26   #41
BHPian

We guys are planning to do a delhi -leh- delhi by road in coming July and we are super excited. We are counting it as our life time achievement(till date).
After reading your travelogue it feels like its delhi-agra or Mumbai-pune trip

Hats off to the spirit! Truly inspiring!
Wireless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 10:27   #42
BHPian

adc da! Speechless over this achievement. The place where people fear by going a car, you went there on a humble bicycle.

Desperately waiting for more, specially the Stok Kangri summit .
Dodge_Viper is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 11:51   #43
BHPian

Hats Off to your Stamina and the courage to do this trip all alone. Always wanted to do the Leh Ladakh Trip alone but never imagined someone could venture on a BiCycle all alone. And a well written travelogue too with details of each of the parts to buy and source for it.
PSOPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 16:31   #44

Super Amazing!!! I cycle 10 kms every day and find it a bit tiring at 34 and you go out there at 40 and brake all barriers. I am dumbfounded and full of respect, excellent fitness and determination. BTW I sent this link to all my friends who keep complaining about aches, pains and growing old.
Beautiful ride, it’s on my wish list now.

Last edited by navin : 19th April 2013 at 17:09.
pro711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 10:21   #45
BHPian

Awesome! Hats off to you! I have been dreaming to Leh trip in car... you did it on a bicycle, amazing! Respect! :-)
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed