Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2013, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photolog : A Sunday morning with Butterflies

Hello SDP,

Thank you (once again) for the beautiful pictures. My wife & daughter just saw these pictures & the next question was when are we going there?

Good to know that the Butterfly season is till second week of May & I will soon play to visit this place once my daughter's exams are done.
By the way how was the breakfast arrangement there?

Just a quick search on Google maps revealed that this wonderful place is just 24 kms from my home (Malad west). Really surprising to know that we do not know of a great place like this one so close to our homes.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 20:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

SDP,

Amazingly beautiful pictures! Thank you!

Not even one picture of your XUV!?
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 21:21   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
...My wife & daughter just saw these pictures & the next question was when are we going there?

By the way how was the breakfast arrangement there?

Just a quick search on Google maps revealed that this wonderful place is just 24 kms from my home (Malad west). Really surprising to know that we do not know of a great place like this one so close to our homes.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh!
Please do visit the place. The breakfast was poha and tea in one tiny disposable cup. Avoidable, if you can.

Mumbai (and Thane) does not cease to surprise me. After staying here for close to 40 years, there are still gems like these hidden right under our nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
SDP,

Amazingly beautiful pictures! Thank you!
Not even one picture of your XUV!?
Thanks getsurya!

For short trips, especially to places where I am going for the first time, I typically do a Google-maps research before taking out the XUV.

The satellite images showed a narrow road through the village, with no clear parking space. So took the Alto instead of the XUV. Later realized that the butterfly garden does have a sizable parking space INSIDE the garden, big enough to accommodate 15 odd vehicles. So next time!
Old 25th March 2013, 21:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For short trips, especially to places where I am going for the first time, I typically do a Google-maps research before taking out the XUV.
Absolutely, makes sense.

Thank you!
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:44   #20

Excellent write up along with the pictures. Thanks for getting this one out, as it brings out more information, awareness and knowledge of these winged beauties. Great work by BNHS.
specialedition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:18   #21
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialedition View Post
Excellent write up along with the pictures. Thanks for getting this one out, as it brings out more information, awareness and knowledge of these winged beauties. Great work by BNHS.
Thanks for the kind words specialedition.
BTW, this is an private exercise and not under BNHS.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

SDP, thank you very much for an beautiful story! I had heard about this place last year, but somehow I never managed to go over there. But your photologue has got me thinking now. This trip has to be done soon.

Do you have the contact no. of Mr Rajendra Ovalekar? I had his number written down but I lost it somewhere. Thanks to Parsh for sharing the map to the place.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:34   #23
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
SDP, thank you very much for an beautiful story! I had heard about this place last year, but somehow I never managed to go over there. But your photologue has got me thinking now. This trip has to be done soon.

Do you have the contact no. of Mr Rajendra Ovalekar? I had his number written down but I lost it somewhere. Thanks to Parsh for sharing the map to the place.
Thanks W.A.G.7 !
Google baba gives 098 20 779729 as the number for Mr Ovalekar. Please try that. If you face challenges with the number, do let me know. I can reach out to the volunteers from my org. to get more accurate contact details.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Am not much of a nature enthusiast, but here is one butterfly I captured today afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog : A Sunday morning with Butterflies-20131020_145623-640x480.jpg  

Photolog : A Sunday morning with Butterflies-20131020_145802-640x480.jpg  

honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks