Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala-Kukke-Bangalore

Hi Sampath Kumar,
Thank you so much for such a detailed route information. Based on your suggestion, i came up with this https://goo.gl/maps/hTXQYmV8Bav from google maps. Can you please confirm whether I am on the right track.
By the way, I am planning to start from Thirthahalli on 30th Dec. Any idea about the crowd in Shringeri and Horanadu on that day? Can I cover these two on that day and stay at Horanadu on 30th?
Old 26th December 2015, 19:36   #17

Dear Sir,
The route indicated by you on the maps is absolutely fine. There will be a huge crowd on both the temples on the new year day, and on 30th december, i expect only a normal crowd at both the temples( Sringeri and Horanadu). Pertaining to your stay at Horanadu, i would suggest a better option, to stay at Hotel Suprabath, at Kalasa town. ( its on the main road towards Horanadu)It has a good Vegetarian restaurant also. Have a safe trip sir. Regards, Sampathkumar
Sampath Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampath Kumar View Post
Dear Sir,
The route indicated by you on the maps is absolutely fine. There will be a huge crowd on both the temples on the new year day, and on 30th december, i expect only a normal crowd at both the temples( Sringeri and Horanadu). Pertaining to your stay at Horanadu, i would suggest a better option, to stay at Hotel Suprabath, at Kalasa town. ( its on the main road towards Horanadu)It has a good Vegetarian restaurant also. Have a safe trip sir. Regards, Sampathkumar
Hi Sampath,
I took exactly the same route as suggested by you. I must thank you whole heartedly for suggesting that 'kudremukh' route (instead of other shorter route). Drive was fantastic with some breathtaking views. Needless to say, that was my most memorable moments of this trip.
Luckily, i did not face big crowd at any of the places. So, overall it was good trip with some wonderful driving pleasure.
On the first day, we had darshan at Shringeri, Kalasa and then at Horanadu. We stayed at Horanadu (temple accomodation).
Second day, we went to Dharmasthala first, booked the room there and went to Kukke to have the darshan there. Came back to Dharmasthala in the evening, had darshan there and stayed overnight.
On the third day, we visited 'Shree Rama Kshethra'and 'Bahubali Statue' and then started back to Bangalore. We had our lunch at A2B and tea at Adigas. Finally reached home at around 5.45pm.
Thanks again for your valuable inputs.
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
... We stayed at Horanadu (temple accomodation).
How do we get temple accommodation? How are the facilities? Charges? Can you post a picture of it if possible for everyone's benefit?
Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
How do we get temple accommodation? How are the facilities? Charges? Can you post a picture of it if possible for everyone's benefit?
Thanks
Hi,
I stayed at Bhakta Nivasa (https://goo.gl/maps/i5A2qmzkekw). This is very next to the temple. So, we found this to be most convinent place to stay.
I am not sure whether one can do advance booking in these kind of temple administered lodges. Rooms (including bathroom) were decent and clean. There is enough space for parking our cars. Only problem that we found is 'no charging points' inside the room. They have a common place to charge our mobiles. But I managed with my adata power bank.
I am sorry, i did not take any pictures inside the room to share with you.
And the room charges are Rs120 per day.

Last edited by kavensri : 2nd January 2016 at 13:57. Reason: Forgot to add the information about 'room charges'
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:07   #21

Hi Guys!!!
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Chickmagaluru in my Ford Ecosport, around 12th Oct 2016. Stay at Golf Club for a few rounds of Golf. Then Plan to drive next day to Sringeri and Dharmasthala. Will one day be sufficient to vist both places and return to Chickmagaluru?
How are the roads?
Any opinions on whether to do Dharmasthala first or Sringeri first? Routes? Road conditions?
Regards
Zoomer!!
Old 7th September 2016, 18:55   #22
BHPian

Dear friends,

I am planning to drive to Sringeri from bangalore this week end.

I have chosen the below route.

Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Chikkamagulur - Aldur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri

Please let me know the road condition in case someone had travelled in this route recently
Old 10th September 2016, 09:45   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post
Hi Guys!!!
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Chickmagaluru in my Ford Ecosport, around 12th Oct 2016. Stay at Golf Club for a few rounds of Golf. Then Plan to drive next day to Sringeri and Dharmasthala. Will one day be sufficient to vist both places and return to Chickmagaluru?
How are the roads?
Any opinions on whether to do Dharmasthala first or Sringeri first? Routes? Road conditions?
Regards
Zoomer!!
Dear Sir, If you are planning to visit Sringeri and Dharmasthala and directly return to Bangalore, then it can be on that order. ( Sringeri first ) You can take the Chikkamagaluru-Balehonnur-Jayapura-Sringeri state highway, which is quite good. Then you can take the NH13 (present day's NH169)from Sringeri till Bajegoli.(a U turn towards your left here)This road (SH37)via Naravi, leads to Guruvayanakare junction on NH73(NH 234).You take left again and proceed past Belthangady town, till Ujire and take Right for Dharmasthala. Roads are pretty good till Dharmasthala. From there, you can take the same SH37 towards south to join the Mangalore-Bangalore NH, east of Nelliyadi.This bit of road is slightly patchy but not bad. Hope this helps.

S.Sampath kumar
Sampath Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:25   #24

Horanadu,Sringeri,Kollur,Gokarna,Udupi,Karkala,Moo dbidri,Mangalore,Dharmasthala,Kukke

I am doing some temples around Udipi. I plan on starting 6:00 AM at Kollur and reaching Sringeri for breakfast 9:00 AM and have a darshan there. Then head to Horanadu for lunch and dharshan. Then after the dharshan can I reach Manipal for the night? Is it possible? What are the driving conditions on these roads.
Old 27th November 2016, 06:16   #25

Yes sir. You can do that comfortably. After finishing your darshan and lunch at Horanadu, and if you are able to leave at 15.00 by the latest, you can easily reach Manipal around 19.00-19.30 if you are to drive on a comfortable speed. You must take the kalasa, bajegoli, karkala route. The roads are good but won't say that they are too good. Have a safe trip. S.Sampath kumar
Old 8th December 2016, 11:27   #26
BHPian

Mitron,
Is it possible to complete Belur, Halebeedu, Horanadu and reach Sringeri by evening with a 6AM start from Bangalore ?
Old 8th December 2016, 12:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Mitron,
Is it possible to complete Belur, Halebeedu, Horanadu and reach Sringeri by evening with a 6AM start from Bangalore ?
It is possible if you are ready to stretch yourself, the travel time to Halebeedu will be about 3 hours if you start at 6AM, Halebeedu to Belur should be 45 minutes. Plan to windup from Belur after lunch by 2pm and start towards Horanadu, the roads are good but very curvy and narrow, it will take you around 2.5 hours to reach Horanadu. The time for darshan at Horanadu may take 1 to 1.5 hours, realistically you can reach Sringeri by 8.30pm. There are not good eateries for most of the part after you pass Mudigere so carry enough food/snacks and water.

Last edited by deehunk : 8th December 2016 at 12:09.
Old 8th December 2016, 12:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
It is possible if you are ready to stretch yourself, the travel time to Halebeedu will be about 3 hours if you start at 6AM, Halebeedu to Belur should be 45 minutes. Plan to windup from Belur after lunch by 2pm and start towards Horanadu, the roads are good but very curvy and narrow, it will take you around 2.5 hours to reach Horanadu. The time for darshan at Horanadu may take 1 to 1.5 hours, realistically you can reach Sringeri by 8.30pm. There are not good eateries for most of the part after you pass Mudigere so carry enough food/snacks and water.
Thanks... This is for relatives going with a hired vehicle. So wouldn't stretch, and skip either of Belur/Halebeedu. Preference is to reach Sringeri before 7, to be in time for a pooja at 8PM.
Old 8th December 2016, 13:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Then you can skip Halebeedu and visit Belur, you will pass through Belur on the way to Horanadu. This way you can reach Sringeri by evening.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:54   #30
BHPian

Friends,
Please advise on the exact route to be taken from Bangalore if we have to enjoy the scenic route through Kudremukh national park and reach Sringeri. I have read that they give you 1.5 hrs to drive through the park. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm assuming that you have to reach Kalasa and go through SH66.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks