Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 11:12   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: We ran out of road!

We ran out of road!-dsc_0199_01.jpg
Shaheedon ke chitaon par lagenge har baras mele.
Watan par mitne walon ka yahin baki nishan hoga...

These were the lines written on the Kargil war Memorial in Kargil.

Today is the 14th anniversary of the Successful Operation Vijay.
On 26th July 1999 the Indian army won the Kargil war over Pakistan intruders.

With this I would also like to pay tribute to my friend Harish who helped us a lot during the planning stages with his invaluable inputs.
More on that in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3188865

Anyways life has to move on...Happy Vijay Divas to everyone!!!
hemanth.anand is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 14:45   #32
BHPian

Really you ran out of road...
I saw your preparation in searching the places and routes well before you have started. It's really great see that you have completed it safely. Childhood dreams came through for you, you are become a role model for guys like me.
Nice write-up with good advice and knowledge for everyone planning for a road trip..
When you are planning for Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh???
mnvvishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 14:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Damn!! I need to take printouts and bind it and make a book and take it home! I just finished upto the border visit part and I don't want to leave office just so I can read this .
Did not feel like I was on Tbhp reading this since I was so into it that it felt like I watching a documentary, that is how well laid out this travelogue is.

Awesome trip and now my evening and Saturday is booked completing the trip !
I will be getting in touch with you for sure when I will be planning my ride from Bangalore to Ladakh!

Regards
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 18:55   #34
BHPian

I had a free evening today. Thought of watching a movie, but you shattered all the plans.

Read it all at one go and boy oh boy, that was an amazing read. Awesome pictures, awesome write-up of an all the more awesome journey.
When I was reading the part of extending the journey and making it a K-K journey, you just had to see the expressions on my face to believe me. I was .
And, now I am waiting for one of my friends to buy a 'Airavatha'!

Epic journey and hats off to you!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 26th July 2013, 20:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
When you are planning for Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh???
Thanks mnvvishwa,

East to West is next on mind
For various reasons, its not possible this year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Damn!! I need to take printouts and bind it and make a book and take it home! I just finished upto the border visit part and I don't want to leave office just so I can read this .
Did not feel like I was on Tbhp reading this since I was so into it that it felt like I watching a documentary, that is how well laid out this travelogue is.

Awesome trip and now my evening and Saturday is booked completing the trip !
I will be getting in touch with you for sure when I will be planning my ride from Bangalore to Ladakh!
Thankyou very much tharian,

Any time mate, I'll be glad to give any information that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I had a free evening today. Thought of watching a movie, but you shattered all the plans.

Read it all at one go and boy oh boy, that was an amazing read. Awesome pictures, awesome write-up of an all the more awesome journey.
When I was reading the part of extending the journey and making it a K-K journey, you just had to see the expressions on my face to believe me. I was .
And, now I am waiting for one of my friends to buy a 'Airavatha'!

Epic journey and hats off to you!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks carzone

As far as the extension is concerned, I in fact should thank the other 3 for deciding to drive straight back home.
If they had agreed to my plans in the first place, we would have stayed for a day more in Udaipur and we could never have made this into a K-K drive.

And sorry for shattering your movie plans
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 20:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Outstanding photographs with wonderful captions to boot , along with excellent writing skills coming together and the end product is one of the finest Ladakh travelogues on this forum. Period.

Nice one Hemanth! I'm reserving the whole of tonight to read your travelogue. I just started reading it; currently I'm in post#2, and I must say your narration and pictures are so gripping that my reading speed has reduced while I try to picturize through the travelogue what you guys experienced on the move. Very nicely done Hemanth, it is almost as though the reader is travelling with you while you narrate your experiences. Needless to mention, travelogues like this will only fuel road trip ambitions of several Ladakh aspirants like me. Thanks again!

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th July 2013 at 20:44.
Old 27th July 2013, 00:52   #37
BHPian

Wow, one of the best travelogues I have read in a while, complimented with the awesome photos. Thanks for showing us the beautiful places of India through your lens. The Kanyakumari trip was nice twist to the plot . I started reading the thread, looking at the interesting name and then was wondering how come this is about Leh-Ladakh.
Old 27th July 2013, 02:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue hemanth, i opened my laptop to watch a movie but read your thread in one go and boy oh boy what a thread. Brilliant way of narrating and breath taking pictures. Rating a well deserved 5 stars.

This makes me wanna go to Leh so badly, still have 2 years before i get employed and i want to go on a road trip like this with friends, what a memorable experience it would be, own all sedans and i really dont have the courage to take a low slung sedan to a place like this. Wish the Ecosport would be able to go to a place like this - am already dreaming.
Old 27th July 2013, 03:37   #39
BHPian

Spellbinding Hemanth. You have maintained such an accurate and detailed log. Makes me to want to just get up and go. But I shall plan it well too. Like you guys have done.Thank you so much. Beats watching the movie I was going to. Thank you so much.
Old 27th July 2013, 06:49   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Magnificent travelogue Hemanth, one of the best I have read . And beautiful pictures with flowing narration! The idea of carrying your Punto along is too good . This thread deserves 7-stars, I could only give 5 as that's maximum the forum s/w allows it seems...

Would love to join you on Gujarat to Arunachal :-)

Cheers!
Old 27th July 2013, 09:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Any time mate, I'll be glad to give any information that I have.
I just finished reading the travelogue and it felt like I am walking out of a movie theater now!
I really dont think I need to meet you now with the detailed report and breakups you have given

But for sure I will, for your blessings before my ride! and thanks for one of the best trip reports on Tbhp!

Regards
Old 27th July 2013, 12:46   #42
BHPian

As I said earlier, each Ladakh travelogue is unique on its own. It's the same place, same roads, same views but somehow each story is different. If there are 100 threads in one day on Ladakh, each will be different.

Thanks a lot Hemanth for sharing this wonderful journey. Really appreciate that you posted the entire journey in one single shot. The explicit details at the end were really helpful regarding the hotels and total cost.

Rating full 5 *

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 27th July 2013 at 13:00.
Old 27th July 2013, 17:45   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Needless to mention, travelogues like this will only fuel road trip ambitions of several Ladakh aspirants like me. Thanks again!
Thanks KarthikK,
For me, it was the travelogues from tsk1979, hvkumar, J.ravi that fueled those ambitions. The thread has more than served its purpose if it has done the same to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
The Kanyakumari trip was nice twist to the plot . I started reading the thread, looking at the interesting name and then was wondering how come this is about Leh-Ladakh.
Thanks nagarjun
I had not decided on a title for many days.
Suddenly after some 5 months while taking a shower, I got this title in my mind. I don't know what it with the shower, but I get many ideas under it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
Beats watching the movie I was going to. Thank you so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Excellent travelogue hemanth, i opened my laptop to watch a movie...
...Wish the Ecosport would be able to go to a place like this - am already dreaming.
I seem to have spoilt quite a few movie plans this weekend

coolboy007,
Ecosport would do it easily IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
The idea of carrying your Punto along is too good . This thread deserves 7-stars, I could only give 5 as that's maximum the forum s/w allows it seems...
Thanks anandpadhye,
Credit for carrying my Punto should go to my wife actually. She was just pulling my leg that I can't drive my Punto as per my initial wishes. I said "so what..." and the rest is what you see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I just finished reading the travelogue and it felt like I am walking out of a movie theater now!
I really dont think I need to meet you now with the detailed report and breakups you have given
But for sure I will, for your blessings before my ride! and thanks for one of the best trip reports on Tbhp!
Thanks tharian for all the nice words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
As I said earlier, each Ladakh travelogue is unique on its own. It's the same place, same roads, same views but somehow each story is different. If there are 100 threads in one day on Ladakh, each will be different.

Thanks a lot Hemanth for sharing this wonderful journey. Really appreciate that you posted the entire journey in one single shot. The explicit details at the end were really helpful regarding the hotels and total cost.

Rating full 5 *
You are absolutely right Dodge_Viper.
Its the same location but the stories are different.

If driving was one big thing, posting the whole story in a single shot was another. It took me close to a month to complete writing everything. I could have posted it piece by piece. But I wanted to ensure uniformity over all the posts and hence I chose this way.

With "Assembly Line" this is one advantage but the disadvantage it is hard to read everything at once
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 10:24   #44
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
We ran out of Road!
At last, you let the cat out of the bag after almost an year, hemanth.anand! But, it's worth waiting for. Brilliant photographs, witty narration and fantastic documentation. Sorry to hear the accident to your Abarth Jr. :(
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 15:11   #45
BHPian

EPIC !! Started reading it last night and just finished the entire travelogue. What an epic journey it was. Fantastic pictures and narration. This is one of the best travelogues on t-bhp. Loved it and highly recommended to anybody planning a roadtrip. Excellent photographs and narrative skills. You literally took us all through a roadtrip and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you for making my weekend :-)
kaka46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks