Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 15:44   #46
BHPian

Re: We ran out of road!

A T-bhp meet in the morning and a t-log about Leh in the afternoon! A Sunday, just can't get any better.

Firstly Congrats to all of you in achieving this feet . Conquering the world's toughest terrain and doing it from down south, makes it a lot more special.

Loved reading every bit of the log. Some mind blowing pics and the narration made it interesting. Ladakh can be never be tiring. Be it driving up there or writing about it. Its just Magnificent! Kudos to all of you!

The documentation is just brilliant.

Any reason why you guys came back to Leh and skipped Wari-La?

Last edited by aviorp : 28th July 2013 at 15:47.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:26   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
At last, you let the cat out of the bag after almost an year, hemanth.anand! But, it's worth waiting for. Brilliant photographs, witty narration and fantastic documentation. Sorry to hear the accident to your Abarth Jr. :(
Yes finally!!!
I can't thank you enough for all the inputs you gave us.
Abarth Junior has recovered well considering the sheer size of the Airavatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
A T-bhp meet in the morning and a t-log about Leh in the afternoon! A Sunday, just can't get any better.

Firstly Congrats to all of you in achieving this feet . Conquering the world's toughest terrain and doing it from down south, makes it a lot more special.

Loved reading every bit of the log. Some mind blowing pics and the narration made it interesting. Ladakh can be never be tiring. Be it driving up there or writing about it. Its just Magnificent! Kudos to all of you!

The documentation is just brilliant.

Any reason why you guys came back to Leh and skipped Wari-La?
Thank you aviorp

Well, there was no specific reason that we skipped Wari-la.
Definitely in the addiction ride
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 22:00   #48
BHPian

Brilliant log Hemanth. Wonderful pics with some witty narration and breathtaking detail. Congrats!

I am planning the exact same trip in May-June next year and this thread would serve me really well

I really have a desire to do it in an my i20 - I plan to upgrade next year and it would be a perfect signoff. You think its not possible at all to do it in a hatchback and you most definitely need a SUV or a car with high ground clearance?. I have seen people do it in Linea's, so, I still have some hopes
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 23:42   #49
BHPian

hi

Amazing is the word I choose. This is one of the better TL on Leh. Great pictures, amazing detail, lovely narration and to top it all great local stories.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 08:37   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
I really have a desire to do it in an my i20 - I plan to upgrade next year and it would be a perfect signoff. You think its not possible at all to do it in a hatchback and you most definitely need a SUV or a car with high ground clearance?. I have seen people do it in Linea's, so, I still have some hopes
Thanks Kimified,
i20 may not have a SUVish GC but it definitely not a hatchback with GCs like that of a figo or an old zen. Barring a few remote places you can definitely do it IMHO.
I wish to do this circuit again in my Punto...but you must be aware of the new proverb which says "Man proposes Wife disposes"
Old 29th July 2013, 19:52   #51
BHPian

Wow! This is a fantastic Travelogue Hemanth. Read it in one go! You have a nice way of expressing things! As your boss said, your decision of going to Kanyakumari the moment you came back to bangalore made this TL unique.

And, you are lucky to have like minded friends. Wishing you more happy trips like this - Provided you promise us that you will post interesting TLs and pictures like this
thecdkfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 22:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hemanth.anand,

That was one AWESOME travelogue!! Rated the thread much deserved 5 stars. Cool narration with crisp pictures tied me to the thread from the start to the end in one go.

Thank you!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 08:38   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdkfactor View Post
Wow! This is a fantastic Travelogue Hemanth. Read it in one go! You have a nice way of expressing things!...

...And, you are lucky to have like minded friends. Wishing you more happy trips like this - Provided you promise us that you will post interesting TLs and pictures like this
Thank you thecdkfactor,

You have made a very good point about like minded friends. It is one very important thing to have an enjoyable experience in such trips. I actually don't like to call them friends; they are my Partners In Crime

Thanks for the wishes. I'll try my best to post travelogues as long as we don't run out of road
Old 30th July 2013, 08:48   #54
BHPian

The trip indeed was wonderful experience of a life time dude.
But the efforts you put in to write the log is more commendable and i have a 400 odd page pdf extracted from this log which i am gonna store for ages and read it.

Awating for our next east to west trip. hope things settle down fast.
avinashsg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 12:07   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Hemanth, wonderful travelogue.....errr movie

I felt like i was sitting in a movie for 3 hours . Got up only after completing your travelogue! My desire to do leh-ladak has got stronger !
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 00:06   #56
BHPian

Wow! I had read 2 posts on Saturday and could not resist my self from reading the rest of the log. Completed it today in flat 2 hours. Excellent narration with occasional funny comments. Very nice and thank you for the travelogue. Felt like I was also one of the passengers. Your stats at the end will definitely help many in planning a road trip towards north Inida.

Rated a score of 5 for the thread

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 09:18   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashsg View Post
i have a 400 odd page pdf extracted from this log which i am gonna store for ages and read it.
avinashsg, without your Airavatha, it wouldn't have been possible. You should be proud of it!

400Pages . have you taken A5 size page or what?
After your post I have got an idea...We can have this travelogue printed as a magazine or story book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hemanth, wonderful travelogue.....errr movie

I felt like i was sitting in a movie for 3 hours . Got up only after completing your travelogue! My desire to do leh-ladak has got stronger !
Thanks sagarpadaki for reading...errr watching it
Like they say hit the iron when it is hot, when the desire is strong, just go for it!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 31st July 2013 at 09:19.
Old 31st July 2013, 09:58   #58
BHPian

Hemanth ji! Tussi great ho! One of the most captivating and entertaining of travelogues and i really admired each and every photograph you had taken because you knew when to press the shutter button! A picture is worth a thousand words... Luckily you ran out of road or i would have seen an extended travelogue by you going to Lanka via the ram sethu. (I, for sure, would have read the entire thing though and this travelogue by itself wasn't a one day affair for me).

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 31st July 2013 at 09:59.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 14:38   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Arch-Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words...
If you are talking about the photo with the same caption (at Wagah border), Then that for me, takes a place in my top ten favorite photos of the trip.

Quote:
Luckily you ran out of road or i would have seen an extended travelogue by you going to Lanka via the ram sethu.
Lanka also has got Visa-on-arrival! How I wish there was a motor-able bridge!
Old 31st July 2013, 16:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Superb travelogue Hemanth!! The sheer amount of patience you guys had to even take so many pictures and now compiling it for a travelogue is really awesome. Hats off to you guys.

So, when is the East-West trip happening?
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks