Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:13   #76
BHPian

Re: We ran out of road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Writing a book! I'd never thought about that
I'll have a look at it and make an effort. Thanks.
Comon Hemanth. Just reading this travelogue, watching the photos, experiencing the moments, the thrill and finally trying to relate to this experience of travelling with close friends (since I have many), is no less than a 'book'. In fact this was just like reading an Arthur Hailey Novel but the only difference is that,that is pure fiction and yours is a true life experience.

Took Several Hours to go through it at one stroke. Whole of Saturday did nothing but going through your Excellent travelogue. It has so many 'positives' that I can not draw up a list. Already so many T-Bhpians above, (many Distinguished) have mentioned about them. As a newbie i can only say, I am overwhelmed by this effort of yours and only wish that, some day, I will have the wherewithal to accomplish such a feat ( of travelling) but still I cannot come any closer to put it into a travelogue of this magnitude.

Great -

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:35   #77
BHPian

What a treat to eyes!
The photo in which the safari stands alone on a bridge is simply awesome. You guys have got some serious photography traits. Nice descriptions, enjoyed reading every bit of it.
Thanks for sharing.
Oranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 00:20   #78
BHPian

Dear Fantastic Four's,
Believe me this is one of the BEST K2K (Kashmir to Kanyakumari) travelogue I have ever read. As you ran out words at some point even I am speechless here, just thinking what to write.

Let’s start with the celebration -
1) Oscar Award to the Best Movie – Ran out of Road
2) Academy Award for Best Production – Private Purse Productions
3) Bharath Ratna to Airavat as it covered most of the Bharat
4) Bravery Award to The Ghost who walks, The Wanderer, Aim high Guy, Alone but not lonely
5) Best Literary and screen play award – Hemanth & Team
6) Best Director of Photography – All who handled SLR’s

Ok now little treat time
A Great Home work – Planning, preparations, Implementation and a Safe Journey
The best of the Bests details – Pre-Shopping and its checklist. The Route , Lodging, Twist in the tale.
At the end what a Number Game it was

Last but not the least the Best caption of this post and I couldn’t control my laughter – The sexy Boy waiting for Jesus (No offense please)

Even I have a Dream driving to Leh/Ladhak with my HIRA (My Scorpio), waiting for that leap day. After reading this post I am getting more attracted and even sent a PM to my best friend to start planning for our trip. He is my childhood friend, School mate, Collage mate, Colleague, fellow team-bhpian, My best Driving companion, good SUV driver especially Scorpio… well many more to say about him who is now my Trip mate and make the journey joyful and great success like how the ‘Sepoys’ did it.

To end with it was Extraordinary Writeup – Thank you Hemanth

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th August 2013 at 08:54. Reason: Excess smileys. Please read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further
Bhargava_sr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 10:11   #79
BHPian

Guys

I have followed several Leh TLs. This one stands out. Why?

a) Crisp narration
b) Really nice pictures
c) The details at the end of each post about FE/distance
d) The details at the end of the TL about hotels
e) The title

One ask. Can you also please list out what vehicle equipment you carried. I remember seeing a photo of all the cameras and lenses. Can you all please list out that equipment as well.

Rated 5 stars

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 11:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread! Lot of info and nice pix too!
Parking aside to read it fully again and to share!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 21:38   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the compliments that you are showering; I'm Humbled to say the least. Or like hvkumar's travelogue title says, I must say I'm HumbLEHed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Dear Fantastic Four's...

...To end with it was Extraordinary Writeup – Thank you Hemanth
Thank you for all the awards Bhargava_sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Guys
I have followed several Leh TLs. This one stands out. Why?...

...One ask. Can you also please list out what vehicle equipment you carried. I remember seeing a photo of all the cameras and lenses. Can you all please list out that equipment as well.
Thanks Rajain

Another thanks for reminding me about the equipment list. I had missed posting this.
I have this somewhere in an excel sheet at office. Will post it tomorrow.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th August 2013 at 22:05.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic travelogue mates. This makes a well compiles directory of reference for many prospective tourers. The statistics, the hard copy, the hotel info and the dedication are, perhaps the first in the forum and makes this stand out. Your this travelogue would have made Bhpians and travel gurus Mr HV Kumar and Lalu ks proud.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th August 2013 at 23:08.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 23:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

I finally finished reading the travelogue after two days of starting and I can just say one word for you hemanth-awesome.

Your dedication to make this thread stand out from all the ladakh travelogues is clearly visible in each and every post of the first two pages. And I must say, this is till now the most comprehensive Leh-Ladakh travelogue I have read on the forum.

Thanks a lot for taking so much pain and puting up this thread wonderfully. Rated it a much deserved 5 stars.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 10:40   #84
BHPian

Hemanth ,

Probably this is a travelog where we we can really go through all the pictures ( So many and so well shot with good captions ) and can really feel the travel between K to K .

Your Data analytic on each and every location is amazing . This is probably raised bars on the way we write our travelogs on Team BHP . End dash boards on all the money spent is good . It gives a good info on the average spending / person on such trips .
Ranga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 15:58   #85
BHPian

Hi Hemanth,

First I congratulate 4 of you "Sepoys" for successfully completing trip and not to forget the beast which made you guys to conquer this long and astounding journey.

Your pictures and narration speaks a lot, I was glued to your TL and truly enjoyed it buddy.

First the TL-header was bit confusing, how could you run out of road, but the climax was amazing conquering Ksquare'

Cheers,
Raps
Raps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 16:59   #86
BHPian

All I can say is,
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 17:22   #87
BHPian

One of the best Travelogues I have ever read in TBhp. Be it the pictures, writeup, detailed analysis; everything was spot on. This thread kept me engrossed for a complete day in my office.
Completely loved the twist in the climax, driving to Kanyakumari and that too with the better halves.
Hats off to Airavatha, for driving you safe all along the Bharath roads/no roads and Abarth for being with you.

You people are the REAL CRAZY SEPOYS

Jai Hind!!!
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 18:41   #88
BHPian

Sorry if this is a a bit off-topic but since this is the most popular Ladakh thread at this time I just wanted to post a message; At the Gujarat-Rajasthan border on Saturday, i saw a Xylo loaded fully to the gills going to Ladakh. The car was from Maharashtra. Two cars (my Bolero and a friends Swift VDi) both stickered with T-Bhp stickers were on the way past the border but we were a bit apart. The guys in the car stopped my friend in his Vdi at the tollbooth and talked with him thinking he is a Bhpian (he is a hopeful.... his application just doesnt get approved) and he relayed the message on to me. He forgot to ask the guy his T-bhp handle though. Any idea who is on the way to Ladakh right now? Xylo. MH Registration.

Anyway, Best of luck whoever you are and we hope you have a safe trip to Ladakh and back!!!

Hemanth- You guys on the way to Ladakh saw my neighbour's Safari and these Xylo guys on the way to Ladakh saw my friends Swift when i was about half a kilometre behind. Why does this happen to me everytime??

Last edited by rahul4321 : 5th August 2013 at 18:42. Reason: Typo
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 22:43   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Fantastic travelogue mates. Your this travelogue would have made Bhpians and travel gurus Mr HV Kumar and Lalu ks proud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Your dedication to make this thread stand out from all the ladakh travelogues is clearly visible in each and every post of the first two pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
It gives a good info on the average spending / person on such trips .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
All I can say is,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Completely loved the twist in the climax, driving to Kanyakumari and that too with the better halves.
You people are the REAL CRAZY SEPOYS
Thank you very much for all these wonderful comments. I'll cherish this for a long time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Hemanth- You guys on the way to Ladakh saw my neighbour's Safari and these Xylo guys on the way to Ladakh saw my friends Swift when i was about half a kilometre behind. Why does this happen to me everytime??
Well I have an idea to avoid this. Go to Ladakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
First the TL-header was bit confusing, how could you run out of road, but the climax was amazing conquering Ksquare'
Avinash always tells me that I just can't do things in a way that others do. I had to keep that record going; be it the trip or its title
Old 6th August 2013, 18:01   #90
BHPian

Hemant and Sepoys, amazing feat achieved guys. The way you went about chasing your dream and planning and executing it so well done. The amount of time and attention given to write this travelogue and the number of photos and that too so well taken and explained. Its loaded with so much information, hats off to you guys.

I took three days in between work to read and finish the reading and trust me I am already getting images of the places especially in Leh and surrounding and i showed the map and told my son we will also follow this route to reach leh and srinagar. It certainly has invoked a lot of emotion in me to think goingout of South India. Thank you so much and am sure you deserve all the attention and kudos from all around. Something to really cherish. Many of the photos are really outstanding.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed