Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 12:22   #61
BHPian

Re: Reliving the innocence at a rustic Konkan village (Velas turtle festival)

SDP engrossing narration and wonderful pics, especially the picture of a beach with black sand. Looks dark and ominous, lovely!
Old 26th February 2015, 22:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Waking up the thread with no activity for almost a year. Planning to travel to Velas tomorrow. Can someone throw the best possible route to take, as we plan to leave around 1:00PM ( from Pune ) and friends are recommending not to drive in the ghats after Sunset as there were cases of robbery, especially since we have 2 ladies in the group.

Thanks a lot SDP . I'm sure not many of us would knew about the place without this thread.
Hi, the best route and the most scenic is via mulshi dam. The road is OK,not so bad and I don't know about robbery at night, but I will suggest you do this journey during the day as it goes through remote forest land and in case of breakdown/emergency you might not get any help. Best avoided at dark.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:19   #63
BHPian

This is amazing. The pictures of the turtle entering the water and the kids looking on is so touching. It shows the true human spirit of conservation and living in harmony with nature. Just fascinating. Thanks for sharing the pictures of this unique conservation effort going on.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
... and friends are recommending not to drive in the ghats after Sunset as there were cases of robbery, especially since we have 2 ladies in the group..
Which ghaat are you talking about? Tamhini or Koynanagar? If you leave at 1.00pm, you will cross any ghaat in daylight. There is no risk of robbery once you touch Konkan.

All the best for your sighting. Generally around Full moon or new moon, the probability of the eggs hatching is the best. If you eat non-veg, then you are in for a real treat, as the laid back Velas village offers great sea food as home-made meals. I am sure veg will also be equally good, but I focussed solely on non veg
Old 27th February 2015, 13:59   #65
Team-BHP Support

Lovely travelogue SDP and wonderfully narrated. Should have been a great experience to see those young ones up close. Your kids must have enjoyed the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
These were in the field. Not sure what are these.
Attachment 1072273
That looks like the Globe amaranth - Wiki.

Reliving the innocence at a rustic Konkan village (Velas turtle festival)-depositphotos_33572937globeamaranthorbachelorbutton.gomphrenaglobosal..jpg

We Malayalis use these for decorating the pookalam/rangoli during Onam.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th February 2015 at 14:19. Reason: one > ones
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks