Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 16:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hunting for Snow - Kinnaur 2013

Fantastic travelogue, must appreciate your keen sense for photography. Will be following you on your future TL's, quite an inspiration mate.

The sunrays was absolutely breathtaking.

Rating this thread a very well deserved *****
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 18:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
LoL Thanks.
let the summer set in here and you will look for a job back in south
Ha ha ha. That's true. Delhi being my sasural I'm well aware of the two extreme conditions and the famous 'aandhi'. But in spite of all those, being as close as possible to the Himalayas is what travellers like us prefer.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 20:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Does TBHP have some gems and pat comes the answer in the form of this travelogue. Kudos Rajiv for such wonderful pics that kept me drooling for couple of hours since I chanced a sight on the thread.

Also this get one like me thinking and even planning for the future such as how to make such a trip, when do I acquire a SX4 which has been one of my favourites in the sedan class thanks to its GC ability and not the least some professional shooting gear.

Again some of the pics are truly mesmerising like the moon sighting and pics taken at Kinnur Kailash and yes will be revisiting the TL many more times as have done to some other great one by tsk and hvk.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 11:44   #64
BHPian

Amazing TL and unbelievable pictures, simply superb mate.

Thanks to you, we will be taking the same route for out next trip.
mobix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 13:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

Amazing travelogue and the best set of pics iv seen on this side of the forum !
This thread has inspired me to embark on my next trip sooner than i planned.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 15:01   #66
BHPian

Rajiv,

What an outstanding photologue. I am using your thread to entice a friend to hurry-up his plans for a trip to these wonderful lands.

I think the time of your visit was perfect with the snow still around in much of its glory. But your skills at capturing that beauty are unmatched. The photographs are all nice but some of those in post 32 and 46 are specially so. Wait, did I miss those in post no. 1?

Simply superb.. Thanks for sharing.

LS
LithiumSunset is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 17:40   #67
BHPian

Awesome Photography, Really mind-blowing. No words to describe those night shots.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 13:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Does TBHP have some gems and pat comes the answer in the form of this travelogue. Kudos Rajiv for such wonderful pics that kept me drooling for couple of hours since I chanced a sight on the thread.

Also this get one like me thinking and even planning for the future such as how to make such a trip, when do I acquire a SX4 which has been one of my favourites in the sedan class thanks to its GC ability and not the least some professional shooting gear.

Again some of the pics are truly mesmerising like the moon sighting and pics taken at Kinnur Kailash and yes will be revisiting the TL many more times as have done to some other great one by tsk and hvk.
Thanks Girish, actually the older model of SX4 had the advantage of 190mm GC, then revised models are getting 180mm only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobix View Post
Amazing TL and unbelievable pictures, simply superb mate.

Thanks to you, we will be taking the same route for out next trip.
Thanks
Hopefully we will also head in same direction soon to complete what left unfinished in this trip, Spiti :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Amazing travelogue and the best set of pics iv seen on this side of the forum !
This thread has inspired me to embark on my next trip sooner than i planned.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Rajiv,

What an outstanding photologue. I am using your thread to entice a friend to hurry-up his plans for a trip to these wonderful lands.

I think the time of your visit was perfect with the snow still around in much of its glory. But your skills at capturing that beauty are unmatched. The photographs are all nice but some of those in post 32 and 46 are specially so. Wait, did I miss those in post no. 1?

Simply superb.. Thanks for sharing.

LS
Thanks, if you want to see the snow minus tourist, this time is the best. But to see the actual colors of Kinnaur I would recommend May or June
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Awesome Photography, Really mind-blowing. No words to describe those night shots.
Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 14:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hello Rajiv,

Absolutely speechless. The photographs are simply wonderful & wonderful here is just an expression that cannot be described in words.

As you mentioned earlier that most of the snow would be been gone by now. But say if next year some wants to undertake a trip like yours can we hire a private taxi from Delhi? What would be a appropriate time to plan a trip like this - around mid March?

We (I & my wife) have been to Shimla / Manali and do not wish to go there again. Further I feel Nainital & Mussoorie are too commercialized to have a peaceful holidays.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 16:37   #70
BHPian

Awesome TL and mid blowing pictures
Like the tea and view pic in the first post a lot and ofcourse the pictures of the mountain peaks covered with snow.

Do you how is it in june? Is there snow to be found even in June?

Rating 5*. thanks for sharing.
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 15:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Rajiv,

Absolutely speechless. The photographs are simply wonderful & wonderful here is just an expression that cannot be described in words.

As you mentioned earlier that most of the snow would be been gone by now. But say if next year some wants to undertake a trip like yours can we hire a private taxi from Delhi? What would be a appropriate time to plan a trip like this - around mid March?

We (I & my wife) have been to Shimla / Manali and do not wish to go there again. Further I feel Nainital & Mussoorie are too commercialized to have a peaceful holidays.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh, appropriate time depends on your expectation, for snow, March is the best but its cold and can get uncomfortable, for colors and comfort, June/July is the best.

You can hire taxi from Delhi or from Shimla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Awesome TL and mid blowing pictures
Like the tea and view pic in the first post a lot and ofcourse the pictures of the mountain peaks covered with snow.

Do you how is it in june? Is there snow to be found even in June?

Rating 5*. thanks for sharing.
Thanks
NO snow in june, but its still beautiful in June
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:32   #72
BHPian

Hi Rajiv, great travelogue and amazing postcard perfect pictures.
i went up till Narkanda at exactly the same time last year expecting some cold weather but it turned out to be as hot as the plains with clear skies, was very dissapointed. Can't believe it is this cold and cloudy right from shimla and the views from Rakcham and beyond are truly breathtaking.
I din't believe the roads till kaza would be open, would have been awesome if you could have made it till there.

where can u get the weather updates and latest on road conditions, is there a thread here on team-bhp?
Old 10th May 2013, 15:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikm5 View Post
where can u get the weather updates and latest on road conditions, is there a thread here on team-bhp?
You can keep track of this section here http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/road...2013-a-t50122/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks