Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 09:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Ooty - Manjur - Mulli - Mannarkkad Trip

I have another question. At Manjoor (which seems to be a town having a Govt. Hospital etc.) are there any accommodation facilities available?
Old 25th November 2014, 15:22   #47
BHPian

This seems the right thread to raise my query.

I plan for a drive to thrissur from Bangalore this christmas. I am bored with Hosuur-Salem-Kovai, Gudalur-Nilambur, Sultanbathery-Calicut routes by now and wanted to try a different one, which is refreshing, scenic and engaging (curves, ups and downs ). I bumped into this thread, which gave me clarity on the route i thought of.

Now, my queries are

a. what's good and bad of each of the route option (plan to start at 4 am & reach thrissur by 8pm; 2 adults and 1 kid)
1. Bangalore-Kollegal- Karamadai-Mulli (via attappadi/mukkali)-Thrissur
2. Bangalore-Kollegal- Gundlupet-Kalhatty Road- Ooty- Mulli-Thrissur
3. Any other route interesting route

b. I would love to take a detour to Siruvani reservoir on the way, i read here there are some entry restriction from one side or other. let know, if this is something that i can cover on the way.

c. Present condition of the route (roads, diversions, time restriction) and other information (must stop/see spots, gardens, shops or watch-out for flora/fauna spots).
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 11:06   #48
BHPian

Heard that on this route, check post people demands money to allow passage! Any such experience for those traveled in that route?
Old 6th December 2014, 15:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Heard that on this route, check post people demands money to allow passage! Any such experience for those traveled in that route?
20 to 50 Rs they ask!!
Old 6th December 2014, 16:47   #50

Quote:
Nope,I haven't experienced any such incidents when i drove through this route.
Infact i am travelling again on this route tomorrow morning,would update the present condition about the route post my travel.
Old 6th December 2014, 21:03   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
This seems the right thread to raise my query.

I plan for a drive to thrissur from Bangalore this christmas. I am bored with Hosuur-Salem-Kovai, Gudalur-Nilambur, Sultanbathery-Calicut routes by now and wanted to try a different one, which is refreshing, scenic and engaging (curves, ups and downs ). I bumped into this thread, which gave me clarity on the route i thought of.

Now, my queries are

a. what's good and bad of each of the route option (plan to start at 4 am & reach thrissur by 8pm; 2 adults and 1 kid)
1. Bangalore-Kollegal- Karamadai-Mulli (via attappadi/mukkali)-Thrissur
2. Bangalore-Kollegal- Gundlupet-Kalhatty Road- Ooty- Mulli-Thrissur
3. Any other route interesting route

b. I would love to take a detour to Siruvani reservoir on the way, i read here there are some entry restriction from one side or other. let know, if this is something that i can cover on the way.

c. Present condition of the route (roads, diversions, time restriction) and other information (must stop/see spots, gardens, shops or watch-out for flora/fauna spots).
Hi,
you could take the regular Mysore-Bandipur-Masinagudi-Ooty-Manjur-Mulli-Mannarkkad route which would satisfy all your cravings mentioned above

Kollegal-Gundlupet route is longer and would take more time.

For Siruvani you could enter from Kerala side, no problems.Entry is restricted from tamilnadu side.

In the manjur-mulli-Kottathara-Mannarkkad route there is a stretch of 4 kms where road is very bad,infact there is no road at all.Apart from this stretch roads from Bangalore to mannarkkad is very good.You could avoid this bad stretch if you take left from Mulli check post which would take you to Karamadai route and then it connects to Anakkatti-Mannarkkad route.

Enjoy your trip and update your experience.
I am taking this route tomorrow morning and would update the present condition of the roads.

Thanks,
Dijeesh.
dijeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 10:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijeesh View Post
Infact i am travelling again on this route tomorrow morning,would update the present condition about the route post my travel.
Sir, please let me know if Manjur has any basic facilities for staying/lodging. Or is it a small village, which does not have any provision for over night stay?
Old 9th December 2014, 10:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Sir, please let me know if Manjur has any basic facilities for staying/lodging. Or is it a small village, which does not have any provision for over night stay?
Sir,
Manjur downtown is at least 3 KMs from the route you would take to Mulli. For curiosity I drove up there till the bus stand. I must say its a small town, and finding a proper lodging would be difficult.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 22:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
There is one option at Manjur, the Bellucks Guest House. A friend of mine, who had stayed there a few months back has all praise for the place.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 10:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one option at Manjur, the Bellucks Guest House. A friend of mine, who had stayed there a few months back has all praise for the place.
Will check on the net for them. Need to see the prices etc. . But if your friend has any information, please share it here.
Old 10th December 2014, 13:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will check on the net for them. Need to see the prices etc. . But if your friend has any information, please share it here.
Read a Mallu blog from Nov 2013. Seems this is the only authorised guest house at Manjur. That blog also mentioned another lodge, but hints it as shady.

The writer of the blog had stayed there with family. He mentioned he paid 1800 for two rooms with clean toilets.

Might fit your needs
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 08:48   #57

I did this route in last march and july with my wife. Both times we stayed at palaniappa estate. Since mulli route is the shortest to kerala, we selected this route. From palaniappa estate (coonoor), there is a very short route to mulli. This route is through thick forest and is about 15 km long. We saw some wild animals very close to our car. This road is very narrow and my ertiga got completely scratched on both sides because of the bushes. We didnt met any vehicle in this route and the road was full of dry leaves. The other route is manjakomba and manjur, that we chose second time. It has 46 hairpin bends and the route is very scenic. But both times i paid Rs. 50 each at mulli checkpost to enter in to the muddy road to kerala boarder.
maju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 23:19   #58
BHPian

Bellucks Guest House: 0423-2509869, 9842509869

@maju: How was your stay at Palaniappa Estate? Please share the tariff and other details.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 09:28   #59

At palaniappa estate, there are two types of stay. One is line type cottages (were old labour quarters), and the other is estate bungalows. During our trips once we stayed at cottage and second time at mangotree bungalow. Only vegetarian food is available. Weekdays are more preferable, because you will get enough privacy in cottages with your family.
Campfire is excellent. Caretakers will leave after serving the dinner. Their latest tariff will be available in their website. When I visited, it was Rs. 1000 ppn. for the cottage and Rs. 1450
For the bungalow room. Search for www.devasholaestate.com
maju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:34   #60
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3606488

Here's post about the current road condition of this route. I took this route on 19 Dec 2014

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks